[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain cocoon mode to me? I'm pretty /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: cocoon.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
cocoon.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
Can someone explain cocoon mode to me?

I'm pretty /fit/ and relatively good with women, but my girlfriend broke up with me and i've been on a manwhoring bender. I just have a tough time being alone, brahs. Life feels empty and meaningless unless i'm with people. I have problems with depression and a need for pretty constant attention and validation. I'm basically a co-dependent.

How do I cocoon and make my life better?
>>
cocoon mode will make your depression worse and your social skills worse

go out. meet with friends. find a new hobby. buy some books. rearrange your furniture. clean your closet out. now is not the time to wrap yourself in a blanket and shitpost 24/7
>>
it's the penultimate step autists take before committing suicide
>>
>>35037822
>>35037270

Wait, I thought cocoon mode was about improving your life?
>>
>>35037901
Road to hell is paved with good intentions
>>
>>35037901
Hitler thought he was improving the world.
>>
>>35037901
It is.

Imo cocoon mode only makes sense if you would otherwise be too busy to improve yourself. I also don't see how it could help with psychological problems.
>>
it's where you go when you have no friends to do stuff with, so the gym is all you have left to deal with the frustration.

hi, i'm in a cocoon.
>>
>>35037937

But Hitler did nothing wrong.
>>
>>35036978
Basically you become a hermit and distance yourself from anything but a couple of pursuits, hence the cocoon. Example of cocoon mode: Anon is "almost fit" and had to take a gap year, which means he has lot of time on his hand, he's an average guy and spends his days basically doing nothing meaningful. He enters cocoon mode, picking lifting and maths as his pursuits, by the time he leaves the cocoon he's a fit guy who also knows atleast around baby Rudin level maths. He becomes something better than what he was before entering the cocoon.

Sadly most people don't actually improve themselves during cocoon mode and thus only left with the side effect of the cocoon, social estrangement.
>>
>>35038018
You have to have a really specific view on the whole thing to actually mean this
>>
>>35038069

nigger detected
>>
>>35038018
>>
Are you a male borderline op?

Do you also feel a lot of guilt and shame, and wonder who you are, perhaps shifting personalities day to day.
>>
>>35038146
You have to think Hitler was right to do all the bs with the racial purification and shit but also that he was right to lose in the end. There aren't many positions you can take where this is true I think.

And sort of ironically we might now have ended up with eugenics in America and a concentration camp happy British Empire now if it wasn't for Adolf's shenanigans.
>>
>>35038044
That is a good explanation
>>
>>35036978
Don't listen to these fags, a proper cocoon cycle can really help if you're feeling overwhelmed. If you find yourself in a place where everything's coming down around your ears, it's really helpful to say "I'm going to take the next X time and fix myself, then I'll work on other parts of my life". If you recognize that your personal development is one of your problems, it's difficult to improve that while trying to also correct relationships etc because you're building on a shit foundation. Take the time for yourself so that you put all your effort where it'll be most effective as opposed to half assing two things
>>
File: 0625 - k1CNRFs.jpg (11 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
0625 - k1CNRFs.jpg
11 KB, 249x243
>>35037972
>>
I'm in a similar situation to you OP, what has helped for me is the opposite of cocoon mode. I have tried that in the past in previous breakups and ended up just jerking off and spending all day on the internet. Teamsports has been the biggest one, having guy friends is defenitely key for me. I have social interaction and get positive feedback in the form of training and games on the weekend without it being something i pander and grovel for as is often the case with females. Also if theres 12-20 guys on a given team and they all have other friends its a great way of meeting people. You befriend the initial team, go out with them here and there, befriend their friends etc next thing you know you got a ton of guy friends and when you want to meet girls its 100x easier cause they have girlfriends and the gfs have friends. Fills my need for approval and social contact whilst getting me away from obsessing about women
>>
Coccoon mode is just sacrificing your social life to improve your personal life. The idea is to cycle it like steroids so you don't become autistic. Ive personally made huge leaps in fitness and my school career by coccooning but when I had a good group of friends or a girlfriend I wouldnt do it. Right now I have no gf and only a small circle of friends since moving states so I'm cocoon mode until I get a gf and some better friends.
>>
>>35036978
That's not even a cocoon lmao
>>
WHAT COCOON MODE ACTUALLY IS

>Autists of fit who have no friends or social life decide they wanna make gains because tfwnogf
>They say they're gonna go "cocoon mode" and ignore all of their "friends" and focus solely on making gains and "mental heath"
>They will then "exit" cocoon mode as an aesthetic god and get pussy(this step never happens btw)

In reality, it's just an excuse to justify and continue their shitty social life. Lifting seriously only takes 5 hours a week, at most. It's not a full time job and any normal person can do it.

Daily reminder that cocoon mode is a bad meme for autistic children who neither make gains, or leave cocoon mode.
>>
>>35042678
go back into your cocoon bro, you're not done.
>>
>>35042678
>It's not a full time job
It almost can't be a full time job. Past a certain fairly low point for most people you either make next to no gains or over train. Plus you could do a full time physical job that involved lifting fairly heavy stuff and learn some social stuff and hopefully get paid
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.