[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is whey a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ohgodwhey.jpg (123 KB, 814x1088) Image search: [Google]
ohgodwhey.jpg
123 KB, 814x1088
is whey protein a meme or is it actually helpful ?
pic related its the ingredients tested in a lab
>>
>>35012128
EVERY supplement is a meme. Whey is only helpful if you are not getting enough protein from your food, and that's unlikely, because the recommendations are highly overstated
>>
>>35012180
What reccomendations?
>>
>>35012128
Protein as a concept is a meme.
>>
>>35012180
> supplement
it's literally food. at this point you might as well call oats or chicken breast "supplements".
>>
File: 1447817432391.png (65 KB, 1049x943) Image search: [Google]
1447817432391.png
65 KB, 1049x943
You really only need 35-40% or so of your body weight in protein. Whey protein is for non meat eaters that have a hard time getting quality protein. You know someones been lifting under 3 years when they use protein shakes. Stop taking whey and i can promise you can't tell the difference. If you want to lift heavy and have energy for better liftan you need carbs to get the weights up.
>>
>>35013289
How's your first year going?
>>
>>35013275
Food as a concept is a meme.
>>
>>35013419
>vacant non-argument
>>
>>35013193
protein- the whole 2g/kg of bw/lbm etc. It's bs. Usually 1g/kg is enough.
>>
>>35014212
You need .82g per lb of lbm on a cut and .68 on a bulk.
Notice how I said LBM and not BW.
>>
>>35013441
Meme as a concept is a meme.
>>
>>35012128
the only supplement that does anything is creatine.
>>
Everything is a meme when you repeat it long enough.
>>
>>35014243
Yeah, you need slightly more on a cut. Also, it's worth noting that only a fraction of it is used to build and repair muscle, the excess amount is only there to maintain nitrogen balance, so you don't really need full amino profile in every 1g you consume, so even plant sources are valid to a certain point.
Also, it's said that some of the famous bbers used to eat about 50g per day (mike mentzer, tom platz), so not being 'optimal' doesn't necessarily mean you will make significantly less gains.
>>
>>35012128
Works as a meal replacement.
>>
>>35014270
Concepts as a concept are a meme
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.