[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time in gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: feeeeeeeeeel.gif (5 KB, 569x510) Image search: [Google]
feeeeeeeeeel.gif
5 KB, 569x510
>find budget 24/7 gym
>no showers or high tech stuff, just do your lifting then go
>uni gym is too expensive, too many people, opening hours are shit
>literally all the men in the free weights area are mountains of meat
>one guy looks like he is roiding, he looks strong but his physique looks a bit weird
>all I can do is babby weights
>do my routine, feeling nervous throughout the whole thing
>go home
>feel sad

I could just barely bench 40kg. That's how weak I am, I am probably the weakest, skinniest person on /fit/, or even on a fitness internet forum/board as of right now.
>>
>>34999805
>I could just barely bench 40kg. That's how weak I am, I am probably the weakest, skinniest person on /fit/, or even on a fitness internet forum/board as of right now.

So fucking what? Everyone started somewhere. Now go cry in your pillow or accept that and use this as your motivation.
>>
Fuck that shit. No one started out strong and Big. Stick to your routine and keep on going. Those guys Will probably help you if you ask.
>>
bruhbruh a very significant portion of /fit/ started benching with just the bar or 5-10 pounds more
>>
>>34999805

One of the first times I benched, probably two or three weeks in to lifting, I got a little overconfident. Got pinned under the weight, and being new, I didn’t know what to do.

This guy comes over and pretty much deadlifts the weight right off me without even a grunt. I mutter something embarrassed “Thanks man, I guess I’m tired or something, I dunno mutter mutter.”

He lets out sort of a chuckle and with a thick russian accent says, “Do not get ashame. You try for more you can do today, but tomorrow, you lift more. Everyone beginning somewhere, soon you will be strong.”

He finished his workout and left. I don’t think I ever saw him again. I think I met a Russian weightlifting Jesus or something.
>>
>>34999842
>>34999840
>>34999825
>>34999818

I was under the impression these gym veterans feel contempt for noobs?
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 341x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 341x2000
How much you lift is unimportant. It's about the journey brah. Hang in there, stay consistent, and really buy into your fitness goals. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>34999859
If you have good gym etiquette and they see you there day in and day or they'll respect you.
>>
>>34999859

No. Nobody cares.
>>
For the last fucking time. Nobody gives a shit about how weak you are in the gym. If you are even inside of a gym you are getting more respect than those who don't lift.
>>
>>34999805
AND THAT WONT CHANGE UNLESS YOU KEEP GOING YOU TWAT
>>
>>34999859
Just dont be an idiot. Rerack weights, dont be a loud idiot and let people work in with you and no one Will be annoyed or even notice you or your weak lifts
>>
I saw this fat awkward kid with womanly shapes in the gym sometimes. I observed him as he did squats with the empty barbell. I looked at him and thought "Good for him.". His form was all fucked up, but whatever. That fixes itself over time. I think he noticed me looking though, because I never saw him again. He's probably still fat and awkward because he was intimidated like a pussy. Which you totally are if you just quit for no reason.
>>
File: 1446233699026.jpg (120 KB, 542x467) Image search: [Google]
1446233699026.jpg
120 KB, 542x467
>>34999859
Mountain of meat here. We (I) love helping noobs especially if they're sincere in asking for help. I was small and weak too before. This autistic guy asked me for help for back training the other day and was surprised as to how much advice I gave him and how patient I was.
>>
>>34999881
this
>>
>>34999805
>be fat and weak as fuck
>join uni gym
>everyone is big and strong

2 years later im one of the strongest guys at my uni, also lost a lot of weight
>>
lel. I'm benching 30 lbs dumbbells.
>>
>>34999881

This.
>>
>Be sad because you just started and aren't at the level of people who have been doing this for years
You're a retard OP.
>>
>>34999842
Classic
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.