[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite slowcooker recipe that suits being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (876 KB, 1500x1079) Image search: [Google]
file.png
876 KB, 1500x1079
What's your favourite slowcooker recipe that suits being /fit/?

I use mine to make chili. Need more ideas.
>>
How do you use a slow cooker to grow a plant?
>>
>>34997872
>diced <any red meat or chicken>
>diced carrots, white potatoes
>salt, black pepper, cayenne if you want spicy
>bit of onion and garlic
>soy sauce for that color
>red pepper for that smell
Submerge in water, cook until soft. I add the carrots a bit later because I like the crunchy.
>>
>>34998075
don't you precook the meat a bit before putting it in water?
>>
>>34998187
You're cooking for 4-8 hours, so it's usually unnecessary. It's like making a stew
>>
>>34998187
You can fry it if you want that outer texture and color.
But for me what I posted is how I usually cook it and it's also what I usually eat most of the time because it's quick and easy to cook.
You don't need a slow cooker for it. Actually I don't even have a slow cooker, I just throw it all in a pot and cover it.
Takes like 45 min all in all (10 min to slice things up, 30+/- minutes to cook).
Sometimes I also add green beans just before I turn off the stove.
If you like ketchup, throw in a bit too to get a thicker gravy.
>>
2 lbs 90/10 ground beef
1 lb dry lentils
some carrots and onions and shit
beef bouillon cube
lots of cumin
some peppers to spice it up
add a few cups of water

Cook on high until most of the water has evaporated (~6 hours)
>>
grah
>>
red beans and rice with turkey sausage, use salt free tomato sauce
>>
>curry paste
>sweet potatoe
>low fat coconut milk
>chicken broth
>tons of chicken
>onions
>some spinach and kale
>make a bunch of rice

Curry, stews, lentil soups are all great to me.
>>
>>34997872
chanko nabe
>>
>>34997872

anybody care to explain how exactly that shit works?

always wondered what the pros of having a slowcooker are. don't you have to stir the shit inside?
>>
1lb ground turkey
2 cans of tomato paste
1 big can of kidney beans
enough curry powder to make your nose runny
diced onions
diced peppers (green bell and a few jalapeno)

Simple quick chili I always like to make.
>>
>>35001499
It just barely hits 160 to kill germs, so there is lots of time for flavor to mix, and soften foods. Also low temps and ceramic construction limits burning.

It is like smoking meat, but for stew.
>>
I often do a beef and pineapple curry which tastes amazing.
1.5kg beef braising steak
1 tin pineapple chunks (drained)
1 tin coconut milk
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2x onions
garlic
ginger
cumin
coriander
chili powder
cardamom seeds
turmeric
tomato puree

I'm just waiting on some pulled pork to finish cooking which I've just made for the first time. Hopefully it's as good as it smells.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.