[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lateral raise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: one-arm-cable-lateral-raises.jpg (21 KB, 314x196) Image search: [Google]
one-arm-cable-lateral-raises.jpg
21 KB, 314x196
Cable or DBs? What does fit think is best?
>>
>>34988482
dbs focus on form even if it means yo weight will be really low.Work your weight up.
>>
>>34988482
None because of you press enough they will pop out.
>>
>>34988482
Why would you use a machine when you can you use free weights? This should be clear without asking.
>>
>>34988482
it could not matter less. its almost like asking should you use rubber or metal plates - use whatever.
>>
>>34988566
because the added time under tension helps build more muscle using lighter weights. If you weren't such a dismissive bruhscientist you'd know this so go back to sucking cock faggot
>>
Dumbbells work perfectly fine for most people, but if you're injured in the region maybe cables are better.
>>
>>34988560
What do you mean with press? Do you mean the The Press?
>>
>>34989807
this fucking meme
>>
File: 1397666901928.jpg (56 KB, 337x367) Image search: [Google]
1397666901928.jpg
56 KB, 337x367
>>34988482
>Not doing both
Confirmed for not making it
>>
>>34989797

are you that fucking retarded?
>>
>>34988482
Dbs are a more natural movement
>>
>>34989781
>using broscience while calling someone a bruhscientist
>thinking cables significantly increase TUT
>implying using lighter weight on an already leverage limiting exercise is a good thing
go back to bodybuildingcom you autist
>>
>>34989866
"doing both" is almost always the worst answer.
>>
I use to do those cable lateral raises all the time at the gym.

Now im home gym master race....no cable station...thinking of investing in one...they expensive?
>>
>>34988482
DB as you get a good upper trap workout if you start doing cheat reps at the end of the set. seems to

Lateral raises are legit as fuck. Would be stuck with sub 185lb military press without them.
>>
>>34990079
I wanted a cable crossover machine for chest flyes they were literally thousands
>>
>>34988482
used to DBs, now cable. I have never seen someone doing it right in my shitty commercial gym tho. most people pull the cable like their dancing. so make sure to use proper form
>>
>>34990079
Don't waste your money on a fucking cable tower if you're using a home gym. It's a waste of space and money and they are basically no different from using db's, nor is there any significant exercise you can't do a db variation for.

Use that money and buy something actually useful like a sound system for your gym or something.
>>
>>34990079
I just made my own (like 3 days ago). All i used was:
2 x swivel pulley
2 x wire rope (think i used 3/16), 6ft sections pre-looped on both ends (2 pcs)
6-8 x decent sized and rated carabiners or similar clips

I set my bar about head level on my rack, hooked the pulleys onto the bar with carabiners, used big carabiners on one end for handles and clipped weights to the other end. Not fancy but i can do cable flies with any weight now.

I can also do things like facepulls and with a little creativity probably lat pulldowns and cable rows. The entire supplies cost around 50 bucks.
>>
>>34990132
yeah, because a good sound system helps lifting, you know, it's heavy weights equipment

you fucking prick
>>
>>34990039
stick to lifting dbs with shitty form you cock sucking cunt
>>
>>34990102
yeah, cables don't hit the upper traps at all, listen to this dyel faggot
>>
>>34990533
>being this depressing and autistic
have fun wasting thousands of dollars to do cable raises in silence staring at your empty concrete walls, you insecure faggot.
>>
>>34990547
>using cables = good form
fucking moron.
>>
Whats the correct for for dumb bells?
>>
>>34990639
raise arms
return arm to side
>>
>>34990631
shitty posture with dumbbells, fucking beta faggot
>>
>>34990872
>weights on a cable magically fix your posture
complete fucking moron. kill yourself.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSOM2uqGWHw
>>
dumbbells, easy. you have much more control which is absolutely paramout when performing a movement as potentially dangerous as this.

another hint which helps dumbbell lateral raises but not cable is to squeeze the dumbbell hard. no one ever does this, but it virtually removes all bicep and forearm inhibitions so you can get a nice contraction in your delt, as you should be with this.
>>
Constant tension on muscle with cables is better for stimulating muscle growth. With dumbells, you can manipulate angles a bit better to isolate either of the three deltoid heads and trapezius.
>>
I always thought lat raises worked your oblique and my friend called me a dipshit when i mentioned that to him, can someone tell me what excercises DO work it?
>>
>>34991197
Work oblique? Side bends and any twisting motion your core can do.
>>
>>34991197

Bicycle sit-ups
>>
>>34991067
yes, with the beta cock suckers swinging their upper body and tilting at the waist, throwing their arms back with shitty form as equal gains
>>
>>34991197
is LAT raise not a fucking give away? The clue is in the name. They aren't called oblique raises

your friend is right
>>
>>34991043
thanks anon, this was helpful
>>
>>34991407
>thinks a trap bar works traps more
>>
>>34991407
are you implying lat raises raise your lats...? do you think the 'lat' in 'lat raises' is short for latissiumus?
>>
>>34990612
>what are headphones?

Also, what if the guy already has a sound system you dipshit
>>
>>34991860
>straw man argument
you think this is about music, you actual retard?
>>
>>34990102
You cheat specifically to avoid using traps, fyi. If you're using traps you're short changing your shoulders
>>
>>34991763
no it's short for rhomboids and trapezius, and they say the basement dwellers on /fit are meat head fukwits
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.