[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit What is a good body fat % to start bulking? I was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
/fit What is a good body fat % to start bulking? I was thinking of hitting it at 12% (currently at 15%) but what are your opinions?
>>
>>34981416
i think 11-13% is somewhere in the range where the body is most efficient at packing on lean body mass...

assuming i am remembering my broscience correctly.
>>
>>34981416
Sticky says 10-12% which is what I'm going for.
>>
>>34981416
50%
>>
>>34981483
>>34981508

Does this hold true for skinny fats? I'm so tired of progressing slowly and stalling at such babbyweights I've already lost quite a bit (6' 205>177lbs) and it seems like I've still got some fat to lose but I wanna fuken get stronk..
>>
I'm shooting for 10%, but I'm already starting to think I look like a twink at 190 at ~13%
>>
>>34981483
why would your body build muscle more efficiently at a certain bf % .
>>
>>34981877
it doesn't really matter, you're just going to have to cut for longer after your bulk to get to a great looking % and aren't going to be able to bulk for as long/put on as much weight without getting visibly fat

if getting bigger and stronger is more of a priority for you right now than getting lean then by all means bulk for a few months and enjoy your noob gains, just be conservative with your caloric surplus
>>
>>34981909
pics senpai
>>
>>34983829
I was doing 1500 calories a day for about three months ( only been liftan for a couple and a half ) and it finally caught up to me, so I've reverse dieted up to 2000 a day which is a much slower cut for sure but I'd like to at least give my body something to work with because fuck me I'm still not even at a 1pl8 Squat and its frustrating.

This is my second time trying to start lifting and I've never lifted on a surplus so I don't know what my body is capable of and I'm really excited about that but I'm still fat so..

Struggles..
>>
>>34983892
if you're dyel and 15% bodyfat and your major mental obstacle to lifting is not making gains then I'd say just gradually ramp up your caloric intake and start a bulk

like I said, the only downside is that you won't be able to put on as much weight before you start looking fat and want to cut, so just be prepared and keep an eye on your bodyfat%
>>
~12% is good as long as you're estimating correctly. No need to waste time going all the way down to 10 unless you have a good amount of mass, and maybe are going out shirtless regularly. Just don't waste time going under 10% natty.
>>
I go until I have about full core visibility then I slow bulk and do short cuts whenever I start losing visibility.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.