[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/caffeine/ thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: read-the-thread-moron.jpg (70 KB, 644x514) Image search: [Google]
read-the-thread-moron.jpg
70 KB, 644x514
hey /fit/,
I've been using these caffeine pills (200mg) for lifting, and the first few days I felt like I was on speed. Hyperactive, hyper-awake, super-strong, and all that stuff.
However, after a week of using them almost daily, I started losing the 'high'. I just take them so I can wake up in the morning, and I get to gym and don't feel much more energetic than any other day.

Caffeine works as it binds with receptors for sole sleep chemicals in your brain, so when you're taking them for too long, your brain develops more of those sleep receptors, because it thinks that the caffeine-bind ones are dead. So basically, it just adjusts itself so it can function properly.

Now I'm on detox and I'm fucking tired, sleepy, depressed and don't feel like living. Even having sex without caffeine feels meh.

Should I just boost my daily dose to 2 pills, will the tolerance grow as well?
>>
>>34976620
Does the pills work same as drinking coffee? If Yes then lol
>>
You have to cycle the dosage. >500mg will cause heart problems.
>>
>>34976641
>cycle the dosage
would you be so kind to explain this?
>>
>>34976620
>Should I just boost my daily dose to 2 pills, will the tolerance grow as well?

yes. I was on 800mg caffeine daily once. shit was horrific.

you should either taper off (50mg less every 3 days) or temporarily lift yourself up with something different like phenibut.

inb4
>phenibut is shit
i don't care it works for me
>>
>>34976660
what is phenibut, and can it be bought over-the-counter?
>>
>>34976672
it binds to gaba receptors and has strong anti-anexity and decent prosocial effects. it just promotes good mood and feeling of wellbeing and would probs counter caffeine withdrawals

its over the counter at most places. i'm in straya and i buy it over the counter as a food supplement
>>
>>34976699

I bought some lately, and im not sure about the dosage? Should i just pop 600 mg in pills or what? I read, if you eat the powder you need less
>>
>>34976699
Sounds fucking great. (just like caffeine pills sounded lol)

Is there a commercial name for that, or should I just go to the pharmacy and ask for "Phenibut"?
>>
>>34976707
Phenibut is ONLY taken orally. Don't shoot it up or snort or some silly shit. It also tastes super sour. If you've got it in capsules don't open it.

Start at 500mg and see how it affects you. If you feel nothing after 3 hours taske another 500mg if still nothing after a hour go for another 500mg.

Look out for sense of total calm, not giving a fuck, being very social and happy, music sounds fucking awesome and at higher dosage you'll see it super easy to fall asleep (but it won't make you sleepy unless you're already tired).

If you have slight euphoria you've taken too much but it's not dangerous or anything, just take less next time.

Don't mix it with alcohol, it multiplies the effects of alcohol. 1 drink is 3 drinks. I never have more than 2 drinks on phenibut.

I take up to 3 grams for one evening, but I've been taking it for months. Work your way up. However, it is pretty safe, I know people who took 8g daily (however when they stopped they had to taper cause the withdrawals were intense).

It also builds tolerance and has SEVERE withdrawals so don't fuck around and take it all the time. Take no more than 3 times per week.
>>
>tfw one cup of coffee in the day and I cant fall asleep on the night
>tfw will never be able to use PWO even though I love the pump you get
>>
>>34976721
You can, but it's super likely they won't have it.

You might have to get it online, for example: http://www.powdercity.com/products/phenibut-dosage
>>
>>34976736
>I take up to 3 grams for one evening, but I've been taking it for months. Work your way up. However, it is pretty safe, I know people who took 8g daily (however when they stopped they had to taper cause the withdrawals were intense).
>It also builds tolerance and has SEVERE withdrawals so don't fuck around and take it all the time. Take no more than 3 times per week.

So... basically, morphine?
>>
>>34976736 I'm a high school senior could I take these to help me at school / study and possibly long term use or will it decrease brain capacity or any long term shit?(will it good to study with)
>>
>>34976649
take it for 2 weeks and stop for 1 week and start back up for another 2 weeks and just cycle that.
>>
File: 1444694185151.jpg (7 KB, 209x233) Image search: [Google]
1444694185151.jpg
7 KB, 209x233
>>34976620
What happened to simply drinking coffee? Why does everything have to be a pill or a powder today?
>>
>>34976810
Doesn't increase performance but if you get anxious for exams or need help controlling stress then yes.

For performance consider L-Theanine (focus and anti-anexity), Bacopa Monnieri (memory), Creatine (reasoning, especially sleep deprived reasoning) and Modafinil (removal of sleep-deprivation effects for dat dere 48 hours in one sitting study sessions).

Unless you can get Adderall in which case use that.
>>
>>34976843

>impliyng i'm not drinking coffee while poppin some xanax, phenibut and cocaine excstasy pills while snorting marihuana of the belly of my 2013 chihuahua
>>
>>34976736

How long will the effect last?
>>
>>34976620
Add ephedrine and L-Theanine to it. Maybe small dose aspirin too. I've read that caffeine enhances the effects of ephedrine, and aspirin enhances the caffeine effects (this may be totally anecdotal as I did not read studies on this and I'm on mobile atm, I've found this info on a site about ECA). From my experiences in the past few weeks I feel so fucking fresh and energetic taking ECA.

L-Theanine makes caffeine so much smoother. No jitters and weird anxiety, also improves the cognitive effects of caffeine. Take 2 times the amount of your caffeine.

Slowly taper down your caffeine dose to avoid withdrawals as mentioned before.

Also you should try piracetam and other nootropics if you feel like experiencing. Read this:
http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/36691-ten-months-of-research-condensed-a-total-newbies-guide-to-nootropics/

>>34976843
You have to drink a shitload of coffee to get the same amount of caffeine. I usually get a bad stomach
drinking coffee so I don't shit myself at work.
>>
>>34976843
I don't like coffee, and it takes a longer time to prepare. This way I can just get out of the bed, pop a pill, have quick breakfast and go to the gym.
>>
>>34976620
shit go for three. in fact get it powdered and le scoops maymay.
>>
>>34976904
*I usually get a bad stomach after
drinking coffee so I prefer taking caffeine pills and not shitting myself at work.
>>
I've been not using cafeine for 4 days now. Reading a lot about these withdrawals explains a lot of my mood/living status (I have to sleep a lot more, I'm tired a lot, don't have crazy intense energy in the gym, lifts are stalling). Going to stop using cafeine as a whole for a while and get a preworkout that has no cafein in it.

How long till withdrawal effects of cafeine gtfo?
>>
>>34976961

A week or so, youre almost over it. Just stay away from coke and coffee
>>
http://examine.com/supplements/Caffeine/
>Habitual caffeine use leads to tolerance. This means the effects of caffeine will be diminished, often to the point where the only benefit a user experiences is caffeine’s anti-sleep effect. This is an ‘insurmountable’ tolerance, which means more caffeine will not overcome it. A month-long break from caffeine will reduce tolerance.

why can't you fucking do some research
>>
>>34976856
Thanks, funny enough my brother just got some modafinil (wake alert) took it and didn't sleep for 2 days
But might try it
>>
>>34976904
Learn to drink coffee.

t. drinks two pots of coffee per day.
>>
>>34976890
12 hours or so with up to 24 hours of afterglow.
>>
>>34976966
Alright f.a.m thanks a lot. I was doing a 600 mg cafeine + other (non stimulants) stuff. Didn't know why I was so tired and shit so I blamed it on the exam weeks (passed it all ;_; financial management kills the man)

Thanks for the information.
>>
>>34976985
how about you fucking suck my dick faggot, I just asked people for their opinions because I trust others' experience more than random articles on the internet

fuck off
>>
>>34976620
I take 1.5 of these when I leave to go to the gym. By the time I get there, stretch a bit, and do 5-10 min of cardio to warm my body up they're kicking in. Then it's crank up the headphones and lift.
>>
>>317223930
Bought one two weeks ago. >>34977040

I did that too for a while now it doesn't do shit. I'll try taking a week off and start ot back up cause this sucks.
>>
>>34976961
Good luck finding preworkout without at least 50 MG of caffeine
>>
>>34976744
If you just want a good pump, get you some L-Arginine, or if you're a believer in REAL FOOD, get some beet juice.
Actually just get the beet juice anyway, that shit taste good.
>>
>>34977056
I don't ever drink soda or coffee or any other caffeine though. And get good sleep bc job hours are only afternoons. I'm sure that has something to do with it. But yeah of course tolerance will go up over time
>>
>>34977061
Never heard of that juice , I'll try it
>>34977073
Yeah i got adjusted to it real quick. I take 4 pills a day plus many cups of coffee and don't feel anything, just stomach hurt
>>
File: 20151119_232834.jpg (592 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151119_232834.jpg
592 KB, 1920x1080
>>34977090
4 pills plus coffee, goddamn. Good luck getting off or lowering dose. Some may be placebo effect for me by now, in the beginning I sweated like a sonofabitch.

Honestly though before I did it I would begin to get tired 45-50 minutes into workout (after compunds and a few accessories). After taking it I ALWAYS go an hour and a half until my muscles are really exhausted not just tired.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.