[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth doing stronglifts and other compound move only programs,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 480x640
Is it worth doing stronglifts and other compound move only programs, or will I just become like this guy
>>
You can look great by doing SL, SS, ICF etc. I like ot throw in alot of isolation and accesoires, because it is so satisfying to do.
>>
>>34974057
i did strong lifts and look pretty good just dont bulk to hard, troll shit like GOMAD will give you maximuim gains but you will look like this
>>
>>34974057
why are you afraid of going near 20% bodyfat if fat is so easy to take off
>>
I know a guy that does nothing but bench, squats, and deadlifts and he's a 250lb body of muscle linebacker for a top 25 college football team.
>>
It's literally the foundations of gaining strength
>>
>>34974084
pic?
>>
>>34974091
You...you do realize there's more ways to gain strength then fucktarding around in a gym for 45 minutes a day right?

Have any idea of how strenuous as fuck football practice is?
Here's a hint, most of the pro powerlifter and strength guys you worship would get their shit absolutely slapped.
>>
So, if I'm doing SL what are some good accesories?

Not OP
>>
>>34974192
kek this insecurity
>>
>Zach is an outstanding example of what can happen to a kid of typical 20-year-old strength that is ready to grow. Bryan Fox, another younger member, is an example of what happens when a genetically-gifted novice starts a linear progression. Bryan came into the program August 12 weighing 203 and squatting 365 x 5 x 3 having never done a novice linear progression. Today (December 29) he did 515 x 5 x 3 at a bodyweight of 216 (he claims a loss of bodyfat – I didn’t test him). The “novice” designation – as we’ve discussed many times – has nothing to do with how strong you are, but rather how far along you are in the process of approaching the limit of your ability to adapt, see Practical Programming for Strength Training (PPST3, The Aasgaard Company, 2011) for more. Recognizing the fact that Bryan was still capable of using novice programming must be credited to the sharp eyes of Justin Lascek, my associate here at WFAC; it was a good call for a trainee that doesn’t fit the standard “Zach” prototype. It should also be noted that Bryan did his linear strength progression with only twice per week squatting, and while doing two Olympic lifting workouts and two football practices each week – not a textbook novice approach, but one that preserved the stated desire of an athlete to compete in these two sports while making the most of his untapped potential for strength acquisition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-b7QCvnfVA
>>
>>34974192

You do realise that in the US, 'pro powerlifter' is basically synonymous with 'former college footballer', right?
>>
>>34974197
this pls
>>
File: 1442975375834.png (10 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
1442975375834.png
10 KB, 234x215
>>34974057
>tfw I have the exact same body
Am I ever gonna be aesthetic without roids?
>>
>>34974057
He has jason blaha tier genes.
>>34974488
Look at Jason Blaha.
He's large AF but not aesthetic.
>>
yeah doing a certain routine makes you obease
>>
>>34974197
Farmers walks
Chins
Dips
Barbell curls (srs)
>>
>>34974057
focus on big lifts.
do a split.
add in smaller lifts for volume after

deads
bench
squats

do those heavy as fuck 1-2x a week each then add in supplementary lifts to get that pump on
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.