[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Lifting/Fitness Advice Received?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: regmentorsarnold.jpg (90 KB, 714x459) Image search: [Google]
regmentorsarnold.jpg
90 KB, 714x459
What's the best piece of advice anyone has given you regarding fitness? Who gave it to you?

Did it motivate or inspire you? If so why?

>"Try and if you fail, try again, when you succeed you'll forget about the failure(s)." - Jason Zuback
Gives me motivation to this day.

>"Stay consistent, guys who don't never reach their goals" - Filipino guy I met when I was 15, had the perfect physique, gave me a target, still haven't reached it.
>>
>Squeeze your butt when you squat
>>
Kinda helps i guess. Heard it from some dude yelling at his friend.

"What if I'm not here? if you can't lift the weight alone, you die"

I always train alone so if I ever get an "OH shit sweet jesus Im stuck"moment I bust my ass so I don't break myself.
>>
>>34965015
A bad workout day is better than no workout day.
>>
>>34965015
>Filipino guy
>had the perfect physique

something amiss with that statement chief...
>>
>>34965029
but then I have to take my hands off the bar?
>>
Don't waste your money on supps. You can get any nutrient you need from your diet. That $10 protein shake is going to waste anyways because most bodies will never consume more than 20-30g of protein in a meal anyways. It just goes to waste.
>>
From the one guy:

>Shit happens. You'll have bad sessions, nothing you can do but shrug it off and keep training.

>There's no substitute for hard work and sheer bloody-mindedness.

>There's also no substitute for calories and sleep. You need more of both than you think.

>Nobody worth a damn is going to laugh at you for being weak and trying. There's three 600lb deadlifters in this gym, two 400lb benchers and a bunch of 500lb squatters, and none of them give two fucks that you can only pull 250.
>>
>>34965279
supplements are just an easier way to get the nutrients. They are more about convenience , like can take whey in my milk instead of grocery shopping , planning extra meals, eating a kilo of broccoli everyday
>>
>>34965331

Yeah that's true, but what he said is also true. Making a 100g protein shake is pointless, cause your body won't use all of that and it'll just go to waste. I see kids making these huge shakes with 4 scoops of whey thinking they are gonna get huge gains when 90% of that protein goes straight to gas and diarrhea. Spread that out into 3-4 shakes a day.
>>
File: 1437619247923.png (193 KB, 316x346) Image search: [Google]
1437619247923.png
193 KB, 316x346
>>34965355
>4 scoops
>it'll just go to waste
>>
File: Fawkes.jpg (201 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
Fawkes.jpg
201 KB, 800x571
>>34965368
>>
>just be consistent and results will come
>focus on compounds, not isolations
>motivation gets you started, but discipline keeps you going
>>
>>34965015
>consistency, nutrition and rest are almost as important as the actual lifting
>do a l/p/p split if you can fit that many sessions in per week
>non-arm isolations are almost useless for anyone not into serious bodybuilding
>>
>>34965279
>will never consume more than 20-30g

totally wrong

>$10 protein shake

try 50 usd for 73 servings, 73*24g protein = 1752g of protein, this is a very good cost/protein ratio (this is equivalent to the protein in 219oz or 13.7 lbs of chicken breast, which would run you about 80 dollars) and it's something that you can just throw into your diet to help you meet your macros

where you really get taken for everything in your dumb goyim wallet is when you fall for the 1g/lb protein meme, nobody actually needs that much
>>
>>34965015

Man Arnold truly was something else... He was like 20 yo in that pic right?
>>
>>34965015
>Do facepulls. Your shoulders will become immortal and immune to all damage and injury.
>>
>eat moar
>>
>>34965790
fucking this. Once I started to eat lots of carbs and drink a coffee before training my strengh gains never been better
>>
>>34965015
>"u mirin jaw brah?"
>>
someone got me how to be rich quick. some of the stuff was shit but the fitness advice was good
>>
>>34965015
>I read this article in tNation a while back when I was hungry skeleton and it has stuck with me ever since. When I'm eating and don't want to eat anymore I recall this story and push through.

There was a time at the Old Westside gym where I couldn't gain weight to save my fucking life.

There was this dude who trained there who could just put on weight like fucking magic. He'd go from 198 to 308 and then to 275 and back down to 198. And he was never fat. It was amazing.

I finally asked him one day how he did it.

"You mean I never told you the secret to gaining weight? Come outside and I'll fill you in."

Now remember, we're at Westside Barbell. And this guy wants to go outside to talk so no one else can hear. Think about that for a minute. What the hell is he going to tell me? This must be some serious shit if we have to go outside, I thought.

So we get outside and he starts talking.

"For breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that shit down and eat. That's your breakfast."

At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.

"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bullshit. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."
>>
>>34968606
He right about eating to gain weight but my organs hurt just reading what hes eating
>>
>>34968606
>Continued

"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that fucker up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that shit over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the shit out of it."

"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that fucker. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."

This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.

"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that shit. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You fucking can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

>(this next part always stayed with me and made me realize the difference between desiring an outcome and wanting it enough to put in the work)

>And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a fuck about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"

Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didn't get much fatter. One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, though.

You can google search it and find the article, but that was a copy pasta.

I just type "Motor oil tnation"
>>
>>34968642
OMG the food gets even worse.
>>
>>34968629
Oh, I hadn't even gotten to post to the best part yet!
>>
File: image.png (43 KB, 380x299) Image search: [Google]
image.png
43 KB, 380x299
>5 inches is the average penis size. I'm not so small when you consider this bit of knowledge. There is no need to be ashamed.
>>
>>34968642
The guy is 100% right. It gets uncomfortable but you reached your goal and thats whats important

The joy in this life is finding yourself and in those last moments of your life when things are flashing before your eyes youre probably gonna see those moments on your journey when you pushed through and say I did it before you die and go off to the great unknown
>>
File: borsalino_hat.jpg (21 KB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
borsalino_hat.jpg
21 KB, 200x250
>>34968666
Honored to see my own post. Use this fedora file though.

My boy, Rich, and I are scheduled to be releasing 8 more dank fit memes by January. Keep your eyes peeled, disney made bitch.
>>
>>34968694
Is Jerry "the fedora" Yates still at the company or did he roll off the project?
>>
File: QNcsgak.jpg (137 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
QNcsgak.jpg
137 KB, 500x500
>>34968724
He's with us, but he mostly just brainstorms and we put the product out.

I need some feedback on this one. I'm considering lowering its production and making it a limited series since the market appeal is niche anyway.

>Fart sniffing is a refined man's fetish. Why else would Persian Princes do it? I'm not copying them or anything. I discovered this on my own. A high test alpha male such as myself needs the ecoli injections pooted directly into my nostrils to properly stimulate an immune system response. While you and your ilk are lifting babyweight and fucking in missionary position I'll be enjoying the aroma that serves as the proof that a woman is promoting a curvy and high-estrogen body to satisfy an alpha male such as myself.
>>
>>34968775
Looks good enough to send to the QA team for testing.

Are you also on the team that is developing "Being 5'8 makes me taller than 80% of women so I could care less."?
>>
>>34968845
%100, man.

I didn't know that I had a recognizable style.

What (trilby) tipped you off?
>>
>>34968904
Been doin this a long time. I recognize talent when I see it. It's my job.
>>
>>34968920
hold on. you have a job making memes. thats awesome
>>
>>34968920
I appreciate it, man. I was inspired by the classic

>I wipe my ass
Model, and its what got me into the business. I'll see you around, champ.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.