[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /fit/ I'm training for something where I need to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: running.jpg (229 KB, 1188x1028) Image search: [Google]
running.jpg
229 KB, 1188x1028
Hello /fit/

I'm training for something where I need to run 5km (3.1m) in 25mins.

I'm almost able to run it (did it in 25.47 few days ago) and yesterday on the treadmill I passed it without any problems.

However today I went to train again and after 2km I couldnt walk anymore. I have heavy pain in my left knee and right shin. I dont know if its muscle or joint/socket pain. I literally cant even walk. And I did enough stretching.

I am afraid it is due to the place where I run is really shitty. Where I run is terrible street. Lots of sidewalks and roads and stones and shit on the street, I really do a lot of step on and step off shit which I think might be causing the pain.

How the fuck do I solve this? I need to train everyday but i'm afraid I am fucking myself up if I do so. What should I do? thanks
>>
I literally cant even fucking walk in my own house. It might be cause of sharp corners too and too many on and off steps and uneven streets.

This fucking sucks ass, yesterday on the treadmill I ran like the fucking wind and didnt even start to breathe heavy but today after 2km i literally could only walk really slow to my home since my left knee and right leg hurt like fuck
>>
>>34963292
you shouldn't be running on anything other than a track, asphalt or grass. If you run on concrete you'll ruin your joints. Wear thick shoes if you must.
>>
>>34963308
yeah the problem is only 1/3 of the route i run (i run 5 rounds of 1km) is asphalt/tarmac. The rest is uneven shitty street with long speedbumps and on and off sidewalks so there is always a difference in height. Also the streets seem to be on a hill sideways so one feet is always lower than the other

what the fuck do i do
>>
>>34963324
Are you unable to drive or bike to a better place? Might take time but it would definitely be worth it.
>>
>>34963351
well i usually go in the early morning before i leave the house

so not really unless i wake up an hour earlier

i was looking into the track course but i doubt its open at 5 or 6am and i think its a members only thing

i never knew you should not be running in the streets, since when is this?
>>
Should I keep a rest day in between from now on?
>>
>>34963420
Well if you look at most runners they usually run on the asphalt since it is softer than concrete. You can run on concrete, but it can cause discomfort, especially over long distances because it's much denser and increases the impact force of each step. A lot of studies recommend against it because it can cause joint problems.

Most boxers do their roadwork on asphalt or a track, and I believe all marathons take place on asphalt.
>>
>>34963478
yeah i run partially on asphalt/concrete/stones/sidewalks/streets

lots of uneven terrain

and lots of sharp corners

and lots of small bridges so going up and downhill too

and lots of speedbumps

fuck then i need to find a new place to run but there is seriously nothing nothing nothing good enough in my area

especially for in the early morning

should I keep rest days?

now I do

Mo: Gym and 5km treadmill
Tu: 5km running outside
We: Gym and 5km treadmill
Th: 5km running outside
Fr: Gym and 5km treadmill
Sa/Su: Either 5km treadmill or 5km outside

should I leave days in between or something?
>>
>>34963508
I don't think it's necessary to run every day of the week, but there are a lot of conflicting opinions about it out there. I run full distance 3 days a week (in between my gym days), then dial the distance/intensity back or supplement jumprope on my lifting days, with sunday off completely.
>>
>>34963545
supplement jumprope?
>>
>>34963572
jump rope is an amazing cardio exercise. 10 minutes intense jump rope = 30 minutes running.
>>
>>34963588
ooh i thought you meant supplements to make you better

sorry not english
>>
>>34963308
>if you run on concrete you'll ruin your joints
>tfw you have ran on concrete since you can think and never had any problems
I literally have been doing this for a decade now and never ran into any problems.
>>
Do a mix of long runs of 6-10 miles
And workouts
For workouts do 1k intervals at race pace with a mile warmup and cool down
Also do hills and tempo
>>
>>34963508
On Saturday I'd go for a longer distance w/o keeping too much track times (e.g. 10 km within 65 min - or 15 km within 110 min, carry a energy "gel"/bar and/or water with you) to better train endurance
On Sunday I'd rest completely

Take antioxidants
>>
>>34964126
>too much track times
*too much track of the timings
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.