[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calorie Goals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 2q34.jpg (34 KB, 221x147) Image search: [Google]
2q34.jpg
34 KB, 221x147
Halp

I'm trying to figure out a good deficit for weight loss, but every formula I use returns wildly different numbers for my daily maintenance intake.

I'm 6'4, 205 pounds, 29 years old. Light activity (office job with lots of running around between workstations). MyFitnessPal tells me my daily requirement is 2100 before deficits. Other sites tell me it's 2500, 2900, 3100, one site quoted me 1900(???).

What in the everloving hell is an actually reasonable middle ground out of all these? Should I just stick with 2500 as assumption and eat around 1800 daily?
>>
File: 1427048152881.gif (483 KB, 243x270) Image search: [Google]
1427048152881.gif
483 KB, 243x270
>how come these general websites that use outdated and different bmr+activity caloric use after I only input non-specific general information give me different numbers?

I'm a kinesiology major, I also have our most updated bmr calculation equations (there's 2 major acceptable ones atm) but I'm obviously not gonna do it for some fag online cause its long as fuck.

Just pick one, if you lose weight its too little if you gain weight its too much you fucking retard.
>>
>>34960803
There's a pretty big fucking difference between 1900 and 3000, wouldn't you say? I'm just looking for a reference point, not a scientific analysis of my daily calorie requirement down to single-digit accuracy
>>
>>34960803
The formulas are probably not even that difficult but I guess I could see how it could give a kinesiology major some trouble
>>
Use our natty lord's calculator:
http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
Honestly there's gonna be variation either way, it's hard to exactly pinpoint what YOU need for YOUR lifestyle. I started with what this recommended, toyed around with calories and macros (going low-carb helps me fight off cravings when I'm cutting), and found something that works well.
>>
>>34960855
It's not difficult its just a lot of busy work I don't want to do for some fatass OP that's having trouble finding out his caloric goals

Just use myfitnesspal or loseit! You dumb dick
>>
>>34960752
I'm also 6'4 and 206 pounds, 24 years old. I'm lightly active (walk around 3 miles a day at work, 3 hour rugby practice 3x/week plus matches 1x/week, 1h30 of lifting 6x/week plus 20 minutes of cardio any time I can force myself to do it.)

Right now I am bulking at a rate of about a pound a week at 3600, and would maintain around 3100 cals. If walking around at work is all your activity, I would start at 2500-2700 and then adjust up or down if your weight isn't doing what you want it to after 2 weeks.
>>
File: 05.png (221 KB, 545x321) Image search: [Google]
05.png
221 KB, 545x321
>>34960855
Well, how about I just knock you flat on you're ass, you troll? That sound any better to you? Just name the time and the place and I'll be there.
>>
>>34960908
>>34960855
Samefag
>>
File: really now.jpg (45 KB, 467x298) Image search: [Google]
really now.jpg
45 KB, 467x298
Step 1
>Calculate how much calories you eat
Step 2
>See how much weight you lost
Step 3
>Put the numbers together to get your TDEE

Start with 1800 or something, you can't go much wrong with that.
>>
>>34960752
Or you know you could do a thing called math and take the average of the numbers you're getting.
>>
>>34960752
At 6'4 I would think 205 would be a good weight.

If you're already in shape but wanting to do a winter cut for some reason then I'd keep it modest, cut too hard and you'll lose more muscle than you have too. If you're just skinny fat starting out then just eat at maintenance or thereabouts and try a recomp routine.

In general, cut easy at first and then increase the deficit and/or add more cardio if the weight isn't coming off.
>>
>>34960752
use BMR and add Kcal, weight yourself and depending on weekly weight progress modify
>>
>>34960975
I'm >>34960900 and while people can tell I lift without me bringing it up, I'm not huge by any means. Probably a touch above otter mode, maybe 13% bf. It's not a bad weight by any means, but it's not anything impressive.
>>
>>34960856
That one gives me around 2500/ 2000, which sounds a lot more reasonable and is close to what I thought. I'll stick with 1800 for now. Thanks!

>>34960900
That matches perfectly with what I'm dealing with now. I plan on adding strength training to that eventually, but for now I just want to shave off some pounds and be a skinny weak faggot instead of a fat weak faggot.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.