[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where the fuck do I get more protein?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: iStock_000020291441Medium.jpg (2 MB, 1701x1129) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000020291441Medium.jpg
2 MB, 1701x1129
Source of protein other than whey powder, beef, chicken, fish, milk, eggs, almonds, and greek yogurt? These are my sources right now, but I need to get more protein
>>
>>34959465
cottage cheese. Chick Peas, Lentils, nuts
>>
How the fuck do people not get protein in their diet? I eat chicken, eggs, and fish, and get well over 200g a day eating ~2k calories.
>>
>>34959465
Pork and lamb.
>>
>>34959480
Typically people eat other things as well as chicken, eggs, and fish
>>
>>34959503

I eat 100-200g of chicken/catfish per meal 3-4 times a day. Never had any need for protein shakes. I don't even count the protein from veggies.
>>
If you're an ausfriend kangaroo meat is high as fuck in broteins
>>
>>34959532
And dat dere croc?
>>
>>34959465
>>34959477
LENTILS. Seriously the best source of protein as long as you are also eating some grains in order to get a full amino acid complement.

But I actually want to expand on this, because these little fuckers are incredible.

They are easy as shit to cook. Put them in the right amount of boiling water and boil. That's literally it. The bastards are tasteless, so like pasta you can make that shit taste like anything. And lentils grow all over the world so there are hundreds of ways to cook the little shits.

As far as nutritional value, I'd argue these might be the healthiest single food item on the planet. These things have been part of the human diet for over 9000 years for a fucking reason(And I'm not making a fucking joke, humans have literally been eating these for between 9,500 and 13,000). A SINGLE 100g serving will get you over half your daily requirement for folate, thiamin, phosphorous, iron, and zinc, over 100% of your daily fiber requirement. (Seriously, ONE SERVING and you don't need any more fiber for the day. Plus they have more protein per unit mass than anything other than soybeans.

Beyond that, they have been shown to help control and in some cases actually help REVERSE diabetes: http://healthland.time.com/2012/10/23/can-chick-peas-and-lentils-help-to-control-diabetes/
There is evidence they are good for your heart: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=52
and strong evidence they help to prevent cancer: http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2013/9/Lentils-The-Elite-Legume/Page-01

So yeah. Lentils.
>>
Lentils, peas, peanuts

I find that peanuts are much less expensive than nuts. Lentils and peas are about the same price as rice.
>>
>>34959465
semen
>>
Hemp seeds.
>>
>>34959465
Here's a question for you. Why the fuck do you think you need so much protein?
>>
How can you not be getting enough protein with all of that?

>>34959603
This is beyond misleading (hur muh dry weight lying), you're just straight up advocating dangerous habits. Vegan fuck off.
>>
>>34960337
Why is this bad? I eat lentils like twice a week with some chicken.
>>
>>34959603
I can corroborate this imminently. Just prepared a 'soup' of it last night and will have it for a couple of days. One, moderate size bowl gives you 50...i repeat 50g's of protein, ya'll.

Ya, after you boil them for 30min you can add ANYthing to these little booster guys of nutrition.

Lentil Thread/
>>
>>34959532
can conform, tastes fucking amazing too bismillah
>>
>>34960337
more than part of your diet should indeed be vegetarian. Not gonna waste my time with telling you why. Stay diminutive.
>>
>>34959465

>I need to get more protein

No, you don't.
>>
>>34959465
So eat more of it you stupid fuck ..
>>
>>34960433
Lentils are great, but the guy is purposefully misleading the reader to make them seem like some super food. They're a legume, that's it.

>>34960456
I wish vegans were an instant permaban. You're cancer.
>>
File: 1447719617870.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1447719617870.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>34960337
>dangerous habits
>from eating legumes

absolutely lost
>>
>>34959503
>he still eats for pleasure

We eat for fuel. Never gonna make it.
>>
>>34960480
No, the "hur they magically reverse diabetes" is the dangerous part. I know you're like a Jew or Muslim and are fine with lying if it gets you what you want, but even the most dickbag vegan should realize that telling people lentils will cure diabetes is irresponsible.
>>
Cottage cheese is one of the best. Tastes like ice cream and is almost entirely protein with a small amount of sugars and virtually no fat, Tastes amazing with a bit of cinnamon.
>>
>>34960532
>helping to control/reverse diabetes =/= lentils solely responsible for committing allahu akhbar on diabetes

it's like you brehs can't read. also, what part of eating/introducing legumes into your diet is dangerous?
>>
>>34960590
>very marginal change after the study
>No controls on rest of the diet, exercise, or planned weight loss
>the study was funded by legume farmers
>She suggests that legume-eaters in Jenkins study may actually have seen improved health markers relative to wheat-eaters simply because they ate fewer calories overall, or because they ate more soluble fiber.

Yeah, nice try Pajeet.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.