[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rice and Beans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 20151117_232051.jpg (882 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151117_232051.jpg
882 KB, 2560x1440
Anyone else here exclusivly bulk on rice and beans? I cannot think of a cheaper healthier food to bulk on that also tastes pretty good. I would have some chicken breast too if I wasnt broke right now.
>>
should have made a burrito. Add some avocado salsa and some carnitas. Fuck I'm hungry right now
>>
bump
Anyone recommend cheap bulking food?
>>
Rice and beans tastes good? i have a patrician taste

Do you add some sauce or something? olive oil at least?
>>
>>34951535
Wish I could but beans kill my bowels.
>>34951596
This, I want to know goddamit, I'm a broke skelly student fuck!
>>
>>34951535
Rice and beans are my usual dinner but I always add a mix of vegetables and tofu in it and put it in a wrap
>>
Peasant food desu senpai
>>
How do you make them not taste so bland?
>>
>>34951749
>patrician
Dude add hot sauce and or butter
If u r watching sodium do powdered cyanne
And if u want to eat good add eggs
>>
>>34951535
Hey, I'm pretty new to /fit/, but why do you think it's a good idea to bulk on rice and beans?
>>
Oats are solid and pretty cheap too
>>
File: aijajajajjaja.png (11 KB, 461x241) Image search: [Google]
aijajajajjaja.png
11 KB, 461x241
what do you guys think of this? Eiweiß=protein.
>>
>>34953943

Not OP, but I throw a little of this Goyo Adobo seasoning from the grocery store on it. It'll be in the section with all the taco kits, and shit.
>>
Seasoned rice
Low fat high protein meat
Veggie

The best
>>
>>34951535
you're only eating it cause you're brazilian, love it too btw
>>
>brown rice
>can of red kidney beans
>can of chopped tomatoes
>some hot pepper spice
Cheap good tasting food. Also muh vegan if you're into that.
>>
>>34954139
Comes around to £2 (3 dorrah) per meal or so.
>>
>>34951535
Not exclusively, but I do eat a fair bit of both, together and separately. I'm actually digging into some black beans and ground turkey right now with a few eggs.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (36 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
36 KB, 200x200
>>34951596
>Anyone recommend cheap bulking food?

I'll never cease to be dumbfounded by people asking this question. How fucking retarded can one be without ACTUALLY having an excess of chromosomes? Cheap bulking food? Like, almost fucking ANYTHING, you fucking mouthbreather. Go fucking eat ANYTHING that's high in cals and doesn't cost much. What the fuck...
>>
Lentils, garbanzo beans
>>
>>34954148
Where you buying your ingredients?
I got a massive bag (10kg) of rice for £20 (20p per 100g), my cans of kidney beans are about 35p, chopped tomatoes are anywhere between 50p and £1 and hot pepper sauce is negligible. Realistically, that meal could cost about £1.10 or so. Quality is still solid.

Anyway, I'm with ya OP. Been on my first cut with calorie counting. 50g (when dry) of rice, a can of beans (I usually mix kidney beans with another sort of beans for variety) and some frozen veg & brocolli. A cheap, low calorie and nutritious meal weighing in at only a few hundred calories. When I get bored, I just fire some spices and herbs in for added flavour.
>>
>>34954183
>dirty bulking
>not considering macros

Some of us like our health and gains. Sure, you can eat a pizza that's 1200+ calories but nutritionally void, but you won't get enough protein and will feel like shit.

In actual response, beans of any description are a good way to bulk up any meal. Chick peas in curries, extra kidney/butter beans in chillies. Eggs are cheap enough too; fire 2-3 of them scrambled in any rice dish you have. In terms of calorie dense foods, peanut butter is pretty cheap, slap some in a protein shake or between two pieces of bread. For further information, see the below vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTq87JB3YFM
>>
>>34954319
How is pizza cheap? That anon is right, if you can't handle finding cheap, nutritional foods at the grocery store then you're a fucking retard. The nutritional info is right fucking there or online, how could it be any easier? Heavy cream, canned fish, on sale veggies and meats, butter, rice, beans, shit even ramen noodles to bulk up your calories. It's so fucking easy.

I can't believe that in the age of having the world's information at your finger tips with your portable super computer, people still claim ignorance on things as simple as food.
>>
>>34953943
Refry them.
Heat up some oil in a pan.
Cook cumin in the pan for 30 seconds.
Add a cup or two of cooked beans.
Mash them until no beans are still whole.
Wait for them to simmer.
Add cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
Serve on top of rice.
>>
>>34953996
Cheapest complete protein known to man. Don't eat it for every meal.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.