[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Living on supplements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Soylent_autistic_meal.jpg (170 KB, 900x580) Image search: [Google]
Soylent_autistic_meal.jpg
170 KB, 900x580
We all know that supplements are just that, supplements (thanks scooby), but lets just imagine that you, from now on, can just live on shakes, or beverages made by yourself. You have to make one single shake that will get replenished every time you finish it, up to six times a day.

You can choose:
>A liquid base to make your shake
>Maximum 3 supplements you could find in an irl sports nutrition store like myprotein or shit like that.
>1 "real" whole food, be it /fit/ approved or not, things like eggs, some fruit, semen, canned tuna, vegan semen.

You can optionally have one of all the ingredients chosen on its own, not blended with the rest, but then you're restricted to eating it just once a day.

How long would you think you would be able to live? Would you make it? Would you end up an hero?

inb4 soylent
>>
Whole Milk
Multivitamin
Whey Isolate
Fiber powder
Oats
>>
>>34946533
Its called Herbalife.
>>
>whole milk base
>multivitamin supplement
>multi mineral supplement
>whey
>strawberries for godlike taste

would be pretty good actually
>>
>>34946694
No thanks f*g, I don't smoke
>>>420chan
>>
>>34946533

>Water
>Oats
>Hemp protein powder, not as good as whey but provides fats and has the optimal omega6:3 ratio,
>multivitamin & mineral powder
>raw coccoa powder

I guess I could live for some decent amount of time, if the multivitamin was good enough.

I would probably kill myself thinking of taco bell tho
>>
>>34947033
>considering taco bell as edible food
You are never going to make it bro
Go back to /ck/ or /b/
>>
>>34947049

taco bell is usually my weekly cheat meal. I know it's not healthy, but dammmmn
>>
You would all die because of serioues intestinal problems. Even if you added some fiber and a probiotic, you'd be fucked
>>
>>34947108

You need fiber and probiotics to digest the food and get rid of the waste.

Eating pure supplements would be no need for any of them.
>>
File: mfw10.png (188 KB, 436x412) Image search: [Google]
mfw10.png
188 KB, 436x412
>>34946533
couldn't you just learn how to make good food?
>>
>>34946533

you wouldn't have a decent fat source that would provide you with all the fats you need. You would die, son.
>>
>>34946533
>water

>multivitamin, some good proteins like one of weiders or musclemeds carnivor, L-carnitine

> beef steak or any beef

would end up an hero, i love eating and i hate my cheap whey shake
>>
>>34946653
add peanut butter and some flavourless fish oil to that and i'm in
>>
>>34946533
>Wheat grass juice
>B12
>Vitamin D
>Psyllium Husk
>Oats

>Vegan
>Complete protein
>Vegan
>Vegan
>Every vitamin and mineral covered
>Vegan
>>
>>34946533
Milk with 16 scoops

Over 4000 calories.

Goodbye humanity
>>
>>34948738
Eat big to get big anon.
>>
File: image.png (175 KB, 302x297) Image search: [Google]
image.png
175 KB, 302x297
>>34948738
>>
Liquid diets have been tried for years. They all inevitably lead to health complications related to the digestive tract. The issue isn't that the right mix hasn't been found yet it's that without solids your digestive muscles atrophe over time.
>>
>>34948298
Do I hear a lot about fish oil. And I take that shit. But can someone tell me why I am?
>>
>>34948738
>not doing this already
>>
>>34949388
Its for your heart
>>
>>34949400
And joints
>>
File: catthrow.gif (1015 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
catthrow.gif
1015 KB, 320x240
>>34946653
>Multivitamin
>Fiber powder
>>34946830
>multivitamin supplement
>multi mineral supplement
>>34947033
>multivitamin & mineral powder
>>34948576
>Wheat grass juice
>B12
>Psyllium Husk
no wonder you shitters make no progress
>>
>>34946533
water because milk is for fags
protein powder, flaxseed (afaik this is a suppliment, as i have never seen it eaten or cooked, or mentioned in recipes... i suppose you could grind it into flour and add it to bread, but i think it counts as supplement - they sell it at my supplement store), some kind of balanced vitamin supplement, and a banana.

i guess psyllium husk just because i have one more supplement left, and i like pooping regularly.

basically what i do already, except i take my vitamin pill separately instead of blending it.
>>
>>34949625
how could you live only on supplements without taking vitamins?
>>
>Water
>Whey Isolate
>Mineral Supplement
>Multi-Vitamin
>Eggs

I pretty much do this now, I can't afford the multi-vitamins, mineral supplement because NEET
>>
>>34946533
Been living on almost excusively shakes for a year now, this has also been a year of insane progress for me. you track every single thing that goes in.

I use whey, corn flour, canola oil and fish oil, multivitamin, calcium, magnesium, potassium iodide, choline bitartarate, creatine, salt, psyllium husk. Too bad you can't actually do this without being nutrient deficient unless you have at least 8 ingredients.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Pkvc6DQ_o
>>
>>34946533
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/recipe/3703676/2

I'm pretty sure I fucking wrecked this challenge...

>Liquid base: about 1L coconut milk (mostly water)
>Supp1: NOW Fruit & Greens Phytofoods
>Supp2: DEVA Vegan Multi
>Supp3: Vegan protein blend
>Real Food: Cos Lettuce

Blend that shit up and it's about 1.1L per serve, so it's a big 'shake' but would be fucking tasty, and would be so good for me I reckon I'd live over 100 if I exercised and stayed out of accidents, and no problem building muscle because it's got plenty of protein. 3000kcal per day and the shits would be amazing I'd make an instagram account for them just so people could bask in the glory of my fecal-based artistry.
>>
>>34946533
>liquid base
Whole milk
>supplements
Whey protein, some kind of fiber thing that goes well with milk, multivitamin
>real food
I'll go with pasta. Am I allowed tomato sauce with it?
>>
>water
>soylent
>ayyylmao fuck you OP you dumb bitch motherfucker you can suck my dick OP suck my dick
>>
>>34946533
I fucking hate eating. If I could live on shakes I'd be stoked.
>>
>>34949625
Oats + wheatgrass = complete protein with 30g per cup
and to make up for the fiber lost by the fact that there's no vegetables I'd use psyllium husk
not to mention there is no vitamin or mineral left out which are much more important to performing optimally than muh protein powders

eat a dick and get rekt hater
>>
>>34949444

trips confirm
>>
>>34950823

But anon you can't live long without solid foods, won't your digestive muscles go full retarded?

I mean, I wish I could, would save so much time tho.
>>
File: 1442212807462.jpg (31 KB, 590x578) Image search: [Google]
1442212807462.jpg
31 KB, 590x578
>>34946533

I would not be doing shakes tho.

>Water
>Whole oats
>Whey protein powder (BLACK CHOCOLATE FLAVOUR PLS)
>Dried coconut or some other fat source (counts as supplement if bought in myprotein kek)
>Some complete multivitamin that includes all the minerals, omega 3, antioxidants and probiotics.

I would mix oats, coconut and whey with some water and microwave. Use as least water as possible to make them as solid as I can. Eat with spoon and cry. I'd have the multivitamin mixed with the oats or by its own, don't really think it changes anything.

I'd have all the carbs, proteins and fats as well as the micronutrients and fiber. Why wouldn't this be healthy? Maybe the coconut is not the best fat source, some kind of oil mix or something like that, but have never bought anything similar.
>>
>>34952984
Do Herbalife then, shakes all day.
>>
>>34946533

>You couldn't.

Multivitamins are not as complete as eating actual food.
You need a variety of diferent fatty acids, not just one.
Something similiar with carbs, you need to get simple and complex carbs, not just one of the two
Whey is complete protein tho, but making it your only protein source would result in too much whey protein, making you feel sick
Also, you NEED to chew, swallow and digest solids, that's why just retards do soylent and herbalife bullshit.

Maybe with much more ingredients and a solid base you could, but even then, eating the same exact thing every day would make you hate it and make you feel sick, your social life would suck and would be much more expensive than actual food.
>>
>>34946533

This is so autitisc...
>>
>2% milk
>flavorless casein
>honey
any strong flavor would make you want to puke eventually
>>34946653
have you ever bitten into a multivitamin? you want that thing crushed up in your shake?
>>
>>34946533

Isn't that what astronauts do? But with optimal mixes and so.
>>
>>34954391
lol why do you need both simple and complex carbs?
>>
>>34956209

Really?

Complex carbs provide with long term energy, simple carbs provide with fast energy boosts. Simple carbs are best after exercise, or in small doses as snacks during the day. Complex carbs are best before a long workout or with big meals.

Do you even sticky?
>>
>>34946533

Anybody eating the same things before and after workout is not gonna make it.
>>
>>34957262
But that's literal broscience
there's no real reason to eat simple carbs
especially after exercise that's the exact time you'd want to eat complex carbohydrates as your salivary amylase is elevated
simple carbs are never necessary or optimal
i mean fruit is fine but if you're referring to jim stoppanis pixie sticks than you're a retard
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.