[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I look so DYEL even tho I bench 97.5 kg for 5x5(last workout)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: sGow4f8.jpg (301 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sGow4f8.jpg
301 KB, 1280x720
Why do I look so DYEL even tho I bench 97.5 kg for 5x5(last workout) and OHP 57.5kg for 5x5.
Really want a place to kinda vent. I look nearly the same as I started lifting. People dont even notice because they dont see me with my shirt off. Really losing all my motivation to keep going. I started wtih a fucking bar and now I can bench nearly 100kg for reps and I look better by a small margin. Really thinking of dropping off this ride. I miss eating like shit and soda.
>>
File: NiYFl7k.jpg (283 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NiYFl7k.jpg
283 KB, 1280x720
Look how dyel I am holy shit. Also wide hips. haha I should just an hero never gonna make it
>>
>doing a strength routine
>wondering about shit hypertrophy
>>
>>34946095
Permabulk. Focus on mass and not on strength.
>>
>>34946112
Dude, you look beautiful
>no homo
>>
>>34946095
You don't look bad mate, and your hips ain't that wide.

Just change to a hypertrophy routine and see what happens.
>>
>>34946131

Its like people dont know the difference between weightlifting and bodybuilding.

OP, google that shit.

TLDR: Lower the weight, go for 8-12 reps, maintain tension
>>
And what do you squat / deadlift?
>>
>>34946193
i didnt put those numbers becuz pic of upper body only but :
squat: 140kg 3x5
DL: 1701x5
>>
>>34946095
Switich to PPL and enjoy them gains
>>
>>34946095
Let me guess... You're on a strength routine?

Congratulations, you were successfully trolled.

Do one main compound for 3x5 every workout and add hypertrophy afterwards.

I also fell for the troll and suffered badly for it over a year but finally broke out using my own common sense and my aesthetic AND strength gains have been great.

You don't look awful right now but you definitely look like you've fallen for the bait. But its not too late. Mate.
>>
>>34946193
These are the sort of questions you're going to receive on /fit/. These questions are the equivalent of religious indoctrination. They keep you believing that the /fit/ philosophy of 'strength over everything' is king.

You really don't have to squat and deadlift to look good.

Your original post makes it obvious you care about aesthetics so why do you keep following a doctrine that clearly won't deliver your goals?
>>
>hypertrophy routine

You guys ...

Keep your routine and ADD accessoire for hyper trophy as above guy said.

And there is no troll - any advanced strength program also has accessoire.
>>
>>34946095
>what are bodybuilding accessories
>>
File: gains.jpg (84 KB, 977x323) Image search: [Google]
gains.jpg
84 KB, 977x323
this is how u make gains
>>
>>34946343
But why does he look like shit though?
>>
>>34946384
Shit genetics and roids.
>>
>>34946384
>>34946407
you are a sad sack of shit
>>
>>34946095

You fell for the 5x5 meme

Do 3x8 and enjoy being big
>>
>>34946343

Oh god please no... I was eating my oats when this human ballsack appeared.

Why would anyone want to look like this?
>>
>>34946623
post a pic of yourself

do it
>>
>>34946095
>I bench 97.5 kg for 5x5(last workout) and OHP 57.5kg for 5x5.
your bench is okay and your ohp is bad
>>
>>34946095
there is a guy at my gym that looks pretty dyel but he benches 120kg for 8 reps

just by the looks i would guess he benches his bodyweight at best
>>
File: checkem.jpg (3 MB, 1752x2664) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
3 MB, 1752x2664
>>34946095
You look fine, op. You look like a highschool football player if anything. Switch to a 3x8 and keep bulking

I'm in a simular situation. Your hips aren't "wide", I have wide hips. My body is way uglier than yours. You're fucking fine. Give it some time, it'll work out for you.
>>
>>34946157

This. Just find excuses to take your shirt off more.
>>
>>34946095
Oldfag here. 31 year old senior fitizen lifting since 2002. This response is my good deed for the year. Pass it on, young anons.

>inb4 "what the fuck are you doing on 4chan?" (been here since 2005; it's a disease)

>Why do I look so DYEL even tho I bench 97.5 kg for 5x5(last workout) and OHP 57.5kg for 5x5.
You're not on steroids and everyone whose physique you're comparing yours to is on the gear. We've all been there at some point or another. Just compare yourself to yourself and you'll be fine. As soon as you start comparing yourself to fucking roided up goofballs, you're in a lot of trouble.

You should still look at your nutrition to see if it could be better but seriously, this is SO common, especially in people who haven't been around the fitness world for 10 years or more.

> I look nearly the same as I started lifting. People dont even notice because they dont see me with my shirt off.
This is true for 99.9% of natty lifters, especially ones who aren't built-fat. You have to be really, really huge to not disappear in clothes that aren't very tight.

>Really thinking of dropping off this ride. I miss eating like shit and soda.
Just schedule 2 or 3 cheat meals a week and you'll be fine. Stay sane, anon. I can't stress enough that what you're feeling is totally normal and most people went through it.

There comes this moment of clarity after training for 5+ years where you say "Holy shit, literally anyone whose physique I've ever admired was on steroids. I thought it was just the big bodybuilder guys." It's around the time you realize Zyzz took twice as much gear as Dorian Yates and not dying of a heart attack at 22 is better than dying at 22. And the guys who keep telling you they're natty are taking more gear than anyone.

These videos are worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRsoq-C273A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CDa2dHNe4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFU_NnIJXHk
>>
>>34947182
Your hips are wide, true, but you filled up nicely and it compensates a lot. Your body isn't ugly bud, I've seen high-quality girls mire a lot less than what you've got goin on there.
>>
I really think genetics matter, my chest is about the same with a 70kg bench, only doing strength programs too.
>>
>>34947356
Great post man, OP I don't have the experience this guy has but I agree with him 100%
>>
>>34947182
good lord the body dismorphia on this board is unreal. You look great, stop over analyzing yourself.
>>
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 144x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 144x90
>>34946131
>>34946180
>>34946232

All correct answers. Up the reps anon, DO IT.
>>
>>34949022
More like up the food, anon.
>>
>>34946232
Any cookie cutter routines that follow this?
>>
>>34946343
clearly a cycle. And it's sad that these guys look like shit, meanwhile I get to their size and body fat without gear let alone even creatine and I look amazing for it. I just don't like my moles so I never take shirtless pics outside of summer.'

>>34946095
strength training != bodybuilding
>>
>>34947240
I'm sad about this. I have size, symmetry, and definition dudes could only dream of. I achieve it naturally with very hard work and maybe some genetic help. But I'm afraid to take my shirt off because of paleness and moles all over my chest and back. It depresses me. But I look amazing in clothes.

It would cost me a couple thousand to get them all removed, and even then half of them would probably grow back and the other half would look like shrapnel scars.
>>
>>34947356
This is fairly wrong.

I'm 32, been lifting off and on since 2003. I get big fairly quick and I have never done gear. For a while I thought this was true until I went balls to the wall retarded about lifting and nutrition spending a substantial amount of time and income on it.

Beware of excuses to give up.

>you'll never look how you want to cause only gear does that for you.

No, gear makes you look stupid. You can still gain pretty good size and bf%
>>
>>34949357
>Beware of excuses to give up.
If that's the message you got from that post, you fucked up somewhere. The message was "Don't compare yourself to people like Zyzz who are on grams and grams of gear. Instead of giving up because you're frustrated, realize results take time and keep going."
>>
>>34949287
>I get to their size and body fat without gear
Post pic, not hating just want to see if you're telling the truth
>>
File: 100301_front.jpg (135 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
100301_front.jpg
135 KB, 480x640
>>34949535
>>
>>34949287
>it's sad that these guys look like shit

no, YOU are sad
>>
>>34949256
Push Pull Legs or Brosplit(for retards)
Literally hundreds of routines for both, lrn2google.
>>
>>34946602

But why? 5x5 has more volume than 3x8
>>
>>34947356

Not sure I agree with this, I haven't been lifting for long at all and I have a lot more size and definition in my legs and ass. I got absolutely ridiculous looking forearms and lats in <6 months when took up rock climbing. OTOH my chest is shit and has always looked shit regardless of how much I can bench press. Genetics probably play a big part in how aesthetic you look.
>>
>>34946095
Other than wearing tight t-shirts and doing loadsa curls as a natty you will not look like you lift in clothes.
Even candito looks DYEL if he's not wearing a singlet or some kind of gym clothes.
If you want to look like you lift you have 2 options you either roid or become a douchebag that wears XXS clothes or shows off his abs at every given moment.
>>
>>34951876
>Less than 6 months
>Looks ridiculous
Yeah okay bro post a pic, you probably have opposite body dysmorphia where you think you're ronnie coleman after few workouts.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.