[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets settle this shit once and for all, is it easier/more convenient/better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1075x668) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1075x668
Lets settle this shit once and for all, is it easier/more convenient/better to go from lard ass to shredded, or skellington to shredded? Shredded meaning generally buff by /fit standards
>>
we've settled this before

starting skinny is easier
>>
>>34940859
Cant tell you how many times ive had this debate with people.
I think its easier to go from fat ass to buff, because fat fucks are used to eating a lot. But depending on how fat they were they will look less aesthetic due to extra skin. I think its harder to go from skeleton to buff but it will look better. IE zyzz
>>
More work for skellets but they look way better.
>>
>>34940859
just get your diet under control
>>
>>34940859

It's easier to take over a gram of roids to go from skellington to ripped than it is to take DNP and steroids for a lardboy to lose weight THEN get ripped.

Going from lardass to ripped while natty, might as well give up/
>>
>>34940906

I did it in five years.

It's hard but nothing out of reach if you focus on fixing your diet.
>>
>>34940859
It depends on the individual. Somebody who has a more suitable background and/or better genetics will make better progress than somebody who is worse off, regardless of which one of them is a skelly and which one is a fat fuck.
Everything being equal, skelly is by far the better starting point (as long as you're not so small and weak you can barely stand properly).
>>
>>34940859
skinny is easier. Or atleast you see results earlier
The lardass has to lose weight before the progress can be actually seen.
>>
>>34942759
Pics pls
>>
>>34940859

Bulking is harder than cutting. Doing something is harder than not doing something.
>>
skinnyfags have an easier time getting aesthetic
fatasses have an easier time getting strong
>>
Those who started fat/chubby will say its easier for skinny/skelly people. Those who are skinny/skelly will say its easier for fat/chubby
>>
>>34940859
I wish I stared out as skinny fat.
that way I could just bulk and work hard and see results easier.
beginning as a fat fuck you are constantly paranoid your going to eat to much or put on unwanted weight. results take longer to see and when you finally do cut down you need to go on a slow as fuck bulk because us ex fatty store fat quicker than you skelingtons
>>
>>34940859
But why does it matter?

Say you have two guys, both 6 fit who's goal is to be 180 lbs 12% bodyfat.

The first guy is a hungry skeleton, the second weighs 300 lbs of blubber.

If its easier to become shredded after being fat its not as though the first guy is going to eat mcdonalds food until he gets so fat that he has his own documentary, then decide to watch his diet and begin exercising to reach his goal.

The same goes for if the fat guy believes it is better for people who start off in concentration camp mode. He's not going to starve himself half to death he'd begin weight training but on a calorie deficit.

This is of course assuming that the both of them had sound knowledge of how to achieve the physique.
>>
>>34942996
stupid logic right there
>>
>>34943136
both 6 ft*
>>
>>34942996
But if all I'm doing is not eating... Then that's what I'm doing...
>>
Everyone that says starting as fatass is easy is fucking retarded and can't think.

Fatfucks will never look good bcus of loose skin,stretch marks, more fat cells.

Also they lose alot of time cutting while skellies bulk instantly
>>
>>34943022
This.
My friend is like 140lbs he started doing some work where he had to carry stuff and you could see some muscle mass
Me on the other hand I'm 215 at the moment and my lifts have gone up a lot in the past 4 months and you can barely tell that I lift. You can see it in my arms though since I've lost a lot of weight, but my belly is still big and throws everything off.
>>
I guess being a fat fuck is harder because you have to overcome your addiction to food and re-program yourself to eat normal amounts of food.
>>
>>34943254
precisely this

source: former husky fuck. wish i had the appetite of a bimbo bitch like you skellies do.
>>
File: j5Q1d96.jpg (124 KB, 720x1184) Image search: [Google]
j5Q1d96.jpg
124 KB, 720x1184
>eating is hard

Skellys actually believe this.
>>
>>34943270
Not everyone is morbidly obese bud.
>>
>>34943270
I'm triggered by this photo.
Small fat privilege desu.
>>
>>34943254
being a skeleton, you have to re-program yourself as well. Eating more was such a bitch for me, but slowly got better over time. I'm not taking away from how difficult I imagine it is to lose weight, but it's no easy task to eat more either
>>
File: image.png (71 KB, 255x207) Image search: [Google]
image.png
71 KB, 255x207
>tfw endomorph
>>
File: basedBAS.jpg (30 KB, 436x350) Image search: [Google]
basedBAS.jpg
30 KB, 436x350
Never had a problem eating a lot, never been obese (chubby at most).

I believe the chubbiness gave me the best base for lifting, I'm basically going bearmode and after a cut I'll probably be BASmode
>>
>>34943333
I was a skeleton too, and yeah I had to totally change my relationship to food and the way I ate, but I imagine being an addict to something you cannot go without would be harder.
>>
People who say bulking as a skelly is so easy have no idea. Dealing with constant nausea from having to force more food down my throat and, even if it wasn't that much food, end up puking later on.

The only thing I'll give to fatties is having to deal with all that loose skin. But aside from that bulking for a skelly is just as bad as cutting for a fatty.
>>
>>34943493
My gym bro is skelletor and he finds it so hard to bulk. I keep trying to make him eat more/eat better but he just doesnt have the discipline for it

I feel for you mayn, try taking calorie/fat dense foods
>>
>>34942996
Try not sleeping for two weeks and see how easy that is.
>>
>>34943493
>>34943512
Milk and almonds my man.
>>
File: brah.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
brah.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>34940859
It will never, ever, ever matter. Everyone starts with the body they currently have.There is nothing anyone can do about it. Work hard to make yourself the best you can be and stop worrying about who has it easier or harder than you.
>>
I can always eat more, but I can only burn so much in a given timeframe

Obviously there are limits to eating more, but they're far beyond what's needed to build mo mass

>itt: skellies bitching
>>
>>34943738
ITT: entitled fatties
>>
>>34943674
>>34943765
>ectomorph scum detected
You enjoying life on easy mode??
>>
>>34943765
I guess your malnourished skellington brain can't comprehend rational thought
>>
>>34943022
This this this. I'm weak as fuck compared to most people on /fit/ but I look great for one year of training.
My fat friend who just started lifting can bench 240 for reps
>>
>>34940859
What's easier OP? Overcoming an addiction, or forcing yourself to do a drug you hate every day? It's all relative, I'm a skinny fag and I wish I was fat when I started, but hey, grass is always greener.
>>
>>34943805
It's not relative, skellies itt are just being irrational.

source: fatty who regrets he didn't starve himself before gains
>>
File: 1421881176033.jpg (48 KB, 499x480) Image search: [Google]
1421881176033.jpg
48 KB, 499x480
>>34943848
Since when is not doing something harder than doing something? Fatties justify their easy progression.

>mfw I'll never be bear mode thanks to skinny genes.
>>
>>34942986
I don't post my dick online
>>
File: tammy.jpg (156 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
tammy.jpg
156 KB, 960x960
>>34943785
>Having an extra layer of fat surrounding your brain
>Capable of rational thought
>>
>>34943864
I can eat upwards of 5000 over my BMR

Try burning upwards of 5000 while eating on or under your BMR :^)

I picked a sane number for the purpose of this example, capacity for eating more is obviously larger than that for burning more.

>captcha: select all cookies
>my fucking pleasure
>>
File: image.png (89 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
89 KB, 750x1334
>>34943918
>tfw diet and exercise but still can't lose weight.
>>
>>34943973
Minor kek, back to the dinner table now Noach
>>
File: image.png (93 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
93 KB, 750x1334
>>34943973
>tfw 1500 cal under but still can't lose weight
>tfw the law of thermodynamics doesn't apply to me
>>
>>34943973
>>34943994
I chuckled
>>
>>34943493
You're just not eating/drinking appropriate calory-dense food and beverages/shakes. Seriously, it could be so much easier for you. Delicious food in conventional sizes, adequate to clean bulk.
>>
>tfw 6'5 skelly
>struggling to get bigger even though I'm eating at a 500cal surplus
>>
>>34942996
>breathing is harder than not breathing

Bruuuh....
>>
>>34944094
Are you really eating 500cal+?
>>
>>34944118
What is so strange about that?
>>
>>34940859
recovering skelly repooting. it wasnt that hard i just had to eat a shit ton and track it on mfp and lift heavy things. sometimes i threw up bc i ate too much but whatevs.
>>
>>34944118
yeah, my target is 3343 and I've been hitting it every day for about 3/4 weeks now
>>
>>34944144
>6'5 skelly
>my target is 3343

Formulas are guidelines, not hard fact ;^)
>>
>>34944094
Then eat more. Apparently your TDEE was underestimated.
>>
>>34940877
This, starting skinny is harder, but you can get better results. Starting fat makes it easier to get stronger, but enjoy your limited aesthetic potential. There are exceptions of course, but that's generally how it'll go.
>>
Does it matter if most calories come from carbs for bulking hungry skeleton? I want eat nuts for calories but they are too rich in fat instead of carbs
>>
>>34944266
Nuts have a lot of protein. Eat them.
>>
>>34944291
They have a lot of fat. That's what he's asking.
>>
>>34944299
Then eat beans, or lean meat.
>>
what is so hard about eating more? just use a weightgainer noobs

ofcourse it's easier for skinny to get ripped than fat. /fit/ standards usually too high (i.e. arnold type fysique is not what most women like).
>>
>>34940859
this should even be a question wtf. way easier to go from skelly
>>
Definitely skellington to ripped. Why is this even a question? If you're fat you have to lose weight, then bulk again to gain muscle. If you're a skelly you only have to bulk.
>>
>>34944353
exactly my man

skinny = head start
>>
>>34944056
what kinds of calory-dense foods would you recommend? I find one thing I like then eat it so much that I can't even stand the thought of it anymore.
>>
>>34942996
Did that make sense in your head when you typed it?
>>
Trying to make it as a recovering fatty is a damn nightmare

>Need to eat less
>Need to maintain muscle
>Need to eat to gain more muscle
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 433x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 433x480
>>34944392
Whole milk.
>>
>>34944407

what if you are doing it wrong

just focus on getting that fat off first

get lean, and then worry about muscle

you want to do too much at once

just get one goal at a time

become skinny

then workout and look better

then worry about muscle

what are these fatboys thinking? they can do it all at once and become the next jeff seid?
>>
>>34944436
unrelated but you should learn how to phrase sentences better, you type like some underage
>>
>>34944436
nice try, jeff
>>
>>34943805
>Forcing yourself to a drug you hate [at first] >every day
Thank you for smoking.
>>
>>34944392
E.g the Sticky,
http://nutritiondata.self.com/ ,and http://scoobysworkshop.com/
helped me a lot.

You'll find a lot of
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.