[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do wrestlers get huge? Not pussy wwe, or faggot light weights.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: poopoo.jpg (90 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
poopoo.jpg
90 KB, 500x686
How do wrestlers get huge? Not pussy wwe, or faggot light weights. I'm talking the big fucker like Karelin. If they're training everyday for hours, and always doing cardio and shit, how do they get/maintain muscle like that? Just by eating enormous amounts of food?
>>
>>34913118
When a guy that size has look like that, you know you better run
>>
>>34913118
Collegiate Wrestlers and Olympic Wrestlers have been training for years(since early teens)

So you have guys with 10 plus years of daily training(often by paid personnel) and they take PEDs

>how do I get big?
By lifting,eating and sleeping it just takes time(or just take PEDs)
>>
>>34913118
1. Genetics. Sorry, this is always no. 1
2. Steroids and other gear. MASSIVE amounts to reach Karelin mode.
3. Enormous amounts of food; eating up to 8x a day.

Alistair Overeem isn't a wrestler but he's an example of a big huge fucker that does hours and hours of cardio, weight training and sparring daily and still maintained a bodyweight of 260 in the juicier days. I mean look at the fucker.

Skip to 1:49 of video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkg5Sx-o1m8
>>
>>34913162
JESUS CHRIST HES ENORMOUS. How would you even fight against him?
>>
>>34913191
Gokhan Saki literally beat the fuck out of him with one hand for the better part of a round in their fight (which took place the night that pic was taken, K-1 WGP Finals 2010). If Gokhan wasn't fighting with a broken hand and arm, he would have almost certainly won.

It was a good little fight, despite its anticlimactic ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-bmH_88x-M

In short, fighting is still mostly about skill.

But yeah. Uberreem was an intimidating fucker back in the horse meat days.
>>
if you get paid its easy.

They get paid to get big
They get paid to train
they get paid to eat
>>
>>34913162
eh, he makes it look like you need to eat 10k kcal a day to get that big
im a 115kg lanklet and i can easily eat 4k kcal a day with up to 2000 kcal in one sitting.
unless you're some 150kg+ roiding superhulk eating that much really is not a problem
>>
>>34913267
how do you get into a position where people pay you to keep a body like that. wrestling and fighting are hte only things i can think of for that
>>
>>34913486
You have to dedicate your life to your sport, fill your body with various performance enhancing substances and be at least a little gifted.
>>
>>34913162
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkg5Sx-o1m8

this is the guy that manhandled brock fucking lesnar
>>
Nearly every professional athlete trains with heavy weights and takes steroids.
>>
File: 1994_12_10_k.jpg (34 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1994_12_10_k.jpg
34 KB, 240x180
>>34913618
This and many other revelations in next month's issue of "Duh!" magazine.
>>
File: 1447454825540.jpg (437 KB, 614x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447454825540.jpg
437 KB, 614x1024
>>34913118
Lots and lots of training, also we have very low body fat. elexander kerilin (guy in the photo) was a beast, went for 7 years straight without a point scored on him...
He was also unique for a heavy weight wrestler.

I wrestled for 10 years some college and international. I can say the level of training will break the weak of mind when it comes to serious competition.

Imagine eating at a large deficit for days while training twice a day just to keep your cardio gains and to try and hold onto strength as well. a lot goes into it.

pic related, me
>>
>>34913267
A side note to what you said, wrestlers don't get paid. Unless you are the best of the best, you dedicate your life to wrestling just to be poor when you can no longer compete. this is what drove me away from the sport.
>>
>>34913843
this.

I also wrestled for a couple years and I eventually left.
training sessions were SICK.
couldn't keep it up while studying and working.
>>
>>34913843

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>34913618
>>34913552
>>34913472
>>34913162

In wrestling it is very hard to get away with steroid use. Most of the dedicated wrestlers will out a fellow wrestler for using. We take our love for our sport very seriously.

Tho every now and again we get a few who go under the radar.
>>
>>34913843
how much weightlifting did you do when wrestling, op? As in, how much of that physique is because of lifting vs your other training
>>
>>34913871
Yeah in college I had a very hard time balancing training with study (that is why I left to go international).
>>34913877
Nope home grown murrican
>>
>>34913886
In bodybuilding it is very hard to get away with steroid use. Most of the dedicated bodybuilders will out a fellow bodybuilder for using. We take our love for our sport very seriously. - Simeon Panda
>>
>>34913886
99 percent of top athletes are obviously roided out, it doesn't take away from their accomplishment but don't lie to yourself
>>
>>34913593
I like this guy. He doesn't act "macho"... he's very calm and casual. Very family oriented. Seems like he has his shit together.

Cool dude.
>>
File: wrestling.jpg (54 KB, 555x370) Image search: [Google]
wrestling.jpg
54 KB, 555x370
>>34913894
Wrestlers do not weight lift as much as you would expect. however, the physique I have now is from lifting. Though I have seen some wrestlers achieve the same from lots of training and light lifting.
Wrestling gave me the ability to start with heavy weight from the start. Plus I do a minimum of 15 reps for all sets.

here is me in highschool (5ish years ago)
at 185lbs
>>
>>34913914
I competed at the highest level without roids (I even have naturally low T). People are too afraid to put in the extra work that breaks most people.
>>
File: 8fb212f7ad.jpg (38 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
8fb212f7ad.jpg
38 KB, 620x465
>>34913914
This. God in heaven, this. If you can't glance at a monster like Karelin and INSTANTLY realize he's juiced to the gills, you've got issues, Jack.

Point of reference: Karelin is 6'4 and competed at 285 lb with what appeared to be about 10% bf at most. This gives him an adjusted FFMI of 32. Yes, the formula is fucked for tall people but you get the point.

PS: There's something kinda tragic about Karelin's reign being ended by this hamplanet.
>>
>>34913981
Simeon pls go and stay go
>>
>>34913118
>Karelin
dude was a soviet medical science experiment from super early on.
sometimes i wish there were two tiers of sports, one with no doping control at all and one natural just to see what medical and sports science could do
>>
>>34913118
>pussy wwe
Most of them are former collegiate or olympic wrestlers. Kurt angle, brock lesnar, Charlie haas, Shelton benjamin, Chad gable, the list could go on....
>>
>>34913914
They're just genetic freaks, you need to be to get to that level.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.