[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to escape the hell that is skinnyfat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: skinnyfat.jpg (74 KB, 769x400) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfat.jpg
74 KB, 769x400
What's the best way to escape the hell that is skinnyfat?

Do you just need to eat at maintenance by staying in between 10 pounds of my normal weight (195-205 lbs in my situation)?

Clean diet with 1 gram protein/lb bodyweight every day?
>>
lift
>>
>>34906298
so as long as my number go up in the gym I'll be fine?

Should I be eating at a surplus or at maintenance?
>>
>>34906310
Eat less. You're body will then go into overdrive, and convert every thing you eat into pure muscle.
>>
look bro it's simple.

you started off fat and weak. then you got skinny and weak. now you gotta get strong and (a little) fat. then lose the fat.

for a more in-depth explanation, please read the fucking sticky.

cheers
>>
>>34906330
Isnt it impossible to gain muscle on a cut?
>>
>>34906284

im the supervisor
>>
>>34906382
He's fucking with you, genius.
What, did you miss the big bright yellow dinosaur on your way here to ask us your dumb question?
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
fuck man, it's not even that long ffs
>>
>>34906284
you won't gain muscle on a cut. you might make noob gains for a little while, but once you're pushing enough weight your lifts will stall hard. i cut for a while when i was skinnyfat and it was fucking pointless. it took twice as much effort to lose fat and by the time i had lost enough i realized i had no muscles to show. cut for a little while if you think you're chubby, but don't expect a thick core or a joocy chest to be underneath the fat.

cut down to 15% body fat, then bulk
>>
>>34906284
just quit dude. i was skinnyfat and have lifted for 2 years. Make shit gains and am now cutting and seeing my wide hips again and will look no gains soon enough. "Skinnyfat" literally means low-test, i had my bloodwork done and am on medication to treat my low t. I feel much better, and overall am making a lot more progress in my life and in the gym.
>>
>>34906382
not if youre fat
>>
>>34906284
>eatstopeat.com

>http://www.anabolicmen.com/increase-hgh-in-24-hours/
How to increase HGH Levels by 2000% In 24 Hours

This might sound like a sales speak as the title really looks like one, but before you leave hear me out.

You can increase HGH levels by 2000% in 24 hours for free and without doing much of anything, plus the increase in HGH isn’t the only benefit from this one little thing.

Other scientifically proven benefits that come along are – increased growth of brain cells and neurons, improved cognitive skills, powerful detox effects, increased life expectancy, improved blood lipid profiles, decreased cardiovascular risk, lower cancer risk, and a host of other benefits.

So what is it then?
Fast for a full day!
>>
>1g protein/lb
>1g protein/kg*
why is this meme still around
>>
>>34906702
because it's 1g protein/lb of LEAN body mass but people always forget that part
>>
>>34906284
>cut for one or two months
>become skellington
>then clean bulk your way to greatness

You are welcome
>>
>>34906793
is it fine if I bulk first and then cut ?
I'm on my 6th week in SL and im 5'8 74 kilos
>>
>>34906843
No it's not. Well it might actually be, but listen to me.
You are skinnyfat, so you have not a lot of muscle with some fat and relatively low bodyfat.
If you bulk now you'll gain some fat, and some muscle. This will fill your frame, but since you are starting from a position where you have much more fat than muscle will result in you looking shit.
If you start from skellington you'll have low muscle mass and low bodyfat. This way when you bulk you shall achieve a more balanced body composition later on, and fill out your frame better.
You are a beginner doing SL, so you will see progress for a while even if you cut. Once the progress stop strive to maintain strenght whilst you finish your cut. Then start bulking and carry on.
>>
>>34906843
>is it fine if I bulk first and then cut ?
If you don't mind looking fat for a long time. For me that's torture so I cut first. Now I bulk until I lose my abs then cut again.
>>
Really quickly where do you go to eat the cat in the horse well over the moon when the cat dies it eats. Lots of chicken and potatoes all over the house in the car and the general specific population will always walk over the the car and blow it up with a fifth of cherry lemon tea. Where does the walking when the cows are home why do I keep mentioning cows and
>>
File: Capture.png (150 KB, 230x340) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
150 KB, 230x340
>>34907039
I'm like in the heavier side of skinny fat. Before SL I was 78 and I cut till 70. Do you think the month and a half of SL has been wasted?

>>34907080
I know I still look fat. pic related I don't know what to do now man. All my lifts have gone up but I still look like shit
>>
>>34907208
You don't look fat, you ARE fat.
>>
>>34907208
As the other anon said, you are indeed fat. No, the month and a half of SL has not been wasted. You learned how to perform basic compounds movements and trained you CNS.
Now start cutting and keep lifting.
Good luck
>>
>>34907329
but if I cut won't I stall?

>>34907302
but I dont look fat per se in person thats why I dont know why im not progressing
>>
>>34907348
For the first few weeks of cutting you will still make progress, as you are a fat beginner. Later on you might begin to stall, but you can counter this with creatine and an increased protein intake.

Then again, it all depends on your priorities. If your priority is looking good, cut then bulk. If you just care about getting stronger go ahead and bulk for a month or two, but please cut after those two months since you are already quite fat and might end up a hambeast.
>>
>>34907376
but I thought I wouldn't have to cut more because SL is supposed to burn fat as well right? Fuck man this shit is depressing
>>
>>34906284
bulk and look like shit for 6-10 months.

then cut with the willpower of the gods until your single digit bf% probably at least 6 months.

you are now by normaie standards. shredded as fuck.
>>
>>34907401
You seem to be confused.
Cutting is the process of eating less than your total daily caloric expenditure, which results in weight loss.
SL is a routine that you do at the gym. Being SL physical activity it will result in caloric expenditure. But this doesn't mean fat loss per se. So yes, SL "burns" fat, but you also need to limit your food intake.
>>
>>34907413
I think I understand. Thanks for the help breh
>>
>>34907416
No problem my brown friend
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.