[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I researched a lot on the topic of ancient exercise routines,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: doryphoros measurements.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1549) Image search: [Google]
doryphoros measurements.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1549
I researched a lot on the topic of ancient exercise routines, but there are questions I can't answer.

To start, the ancients didn't exercise per se. They just took what they wanted to be good at (running, jumping, throwing and fighting mainly) and added resistance and to this. Running in armor, jumping with weights, fencing with weapons that were heavier than normal weapons, etc.

But I can't find anything about core exercises. If we go by ancient statues (pic related), they had a super thick waist without fat. How? What are some movements that load the waist and back muscles so immensely without being "artificial" exercises like modern crunches, etc.

I mean, ok, you can train taking punches to your abs and traditional people actually do that a lot, but that kind of training won't give you these huge waist muscles.

Any ideas? Also for the other muscle groups? Or am I looking at this wrong?
>>
>>34901985
>thinking the ancients were actually ripped
These were ideals man, they knew alot about anatomy at the time and made perfect physiques by exaggerating the muscles but in this day and age of exercise accessibility its not hard to achieve what was once "godly" our standards have changed along with the years
>>
>>34902064
That's a nice theory but there's not even a shred of evidence for it, beta orbiter. Now leave :)
>>
>>34902064
OP here. I forgot to mention: Stupid American pigs don't need to answer. Thanks.
>>
>>34902103
Give me a microgram of evidence that they got ripped doing weighted jumps or whatever the fuck lol. Quit pussyfootin and just hit the gym nigga. Fuck it actually ill let you waste a year with your strange ass routine and we can compare progress pics how bout that?
>>
>>34902137
See >>34902119

Also, I'm already much stronger than you, don't embarass yourself.
>>
>>34901985
>What are some movements that load the waist and back muscles so immensely without being "artificial" exercises like modern crunches, etc.
3x5 weighted fuck man ass
>>
>>34902173
see >>34902119
>>
>>34902151
All of that proof, holy shit im shaking in my boots
>>
>>34902137
How the fuck do you think Victorian Brits got so ripped? Manual Labour is a fucking intensive thing to do. My Granddad looked like a fucking tank and all he did was mine coal.
>>
>>34902232
>all he did was mine coal.
oh is that all?
>>
>>34902103
Either brain damaged or bad troll. I guess you don't go to college or you would learn in any basic required arts course that's what Greek classic era sculpture was about.

Next you are gonna say something like "its a nice theory that you breath oxygen but there's no shred of evidence for it." All this shit is common knowledge.
>>
>>34902251
>Manual Labour is a fucking intensive thing to do
>>
>>34902232
Nigger i know your game, youre trying to keep this silly motherfucker dyel mode while you fuck his bitch with your roided veiny cock. Im telling him from natty experience that he'll be stalling hard and wasting a year doing "weighted jumps" when he can just start a proper routine, find a proper diet plan, and get results. Whatever though its his life t. B. H.
>>
>>34902282
Nah I was referring to the fact that Ancient Greeks could in fact get ripped because of intensive labour, every day, all day, this guy doing >1 hour of similar stuff a day wouldn't work at all.
>>
>>34902307
Youre saying that but if an ancient greek just posted a selfie i promise you that youd be calling him dyel. The standards were different.
>>
>>34901985
CORE EXERCISES! HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>Deadlift
>Squat
>>
>>34902232
>he did was mine coal.
He didn't work int' mill?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.