[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: a.jpg (149 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
149 KB, 1500x1500
Are these any good?
>>
meh.
>>
Do farmers walk instead
>>
Best feature of grippers is probably just to compete with other guys that have grippers.
>>
>>34901549
No you massive cuc.kold, thats more kike bullshit that hipsters use. Just do pullups and fry to hold on to the bar for 5 seconds before dropping. For the love of rippletoe man, get it together.
>>
>>34901549
Those? No, but there are good ones. Captains of Crush and whatever other ones people do competitions with.
>>
>>34901772
why would they be better, they work the same way
>>
>>34901817
Meaningful resistance, room for progression, and not wearing out.
>>
>>34901861
>muh resistance
>implying everyone is freaking arnold
>not wearing out
citation needed
>>
i have such but i think I'm either not using them correctly or they are shittily made. whenever i squeeze them they make weird noises, as if the bottom part of the spiral is being squeezed together. i tried holding them in a different way but they are never squeezed 100% evenly. i can already see the top of the spirals being more apart than the bottom so they're like spreading out.
>>
File: shitposting.gif (420 KB, 497x287) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.gif
420 KB, 497x287
>>34901880
>>
>>34901973
>implying everybody has the same strength
>expecting others to believe everything posted on 4chan
yeah I was definitely shitposting kid.
>>
>>34901997
>resistance is useless
>progression is useless
>not shitposting
Come on, man.
>>
this thread is fucking retarded. like this >>34901603 faggot suggesting that carrying around 200lbs in both hands is easier than a little pocket-sized gripper one can use at a desk. do you people even process what youre typing?

any resistance training will work. I dont know about OPs pic specifically but you can order cheap-o ones off amazon and they work just fine. i got a few to work on my grip strength for DLs

only thing that sucks about grippers is that the jump from one level to the next is pretty steep... 150lbs to 200 is a large gap but they might sell 160/70/80 pounders and so on, i havent looked.
>>
>>34902083
>quoting things i neither said nor implied
you're shitposting, not me.
>the crushers in OP's pic have no resistance whatsoever
>progression
true, you can't really progress since the resistance is always teh same, but you were saying Captain of crush crushers are automatically better. this implies even the ones which work like OP. however you can neither alter their resistance nor of the OP so the resistance is the same either way.
>>
>>34902140
how many reps do you do per set with the grippers?
>>
>CoC grippers are winded all the same even in sets
wow, if they are so good then why didn't they take into account that if you use a gripper like that with left hand it will wear out uneven? oh right because it's overpriced shit, making 2 different grippers is too expensive for them, gotta make maximum profit dumbass bodybuilders won't notice it anyways.
>>
>>34902211
I just aim to make the same as any other lift. get the resistance to a level where you tap out around 5 or so reps. 3 sets of those.

that being said, i have a 150lb and a 200lb gripper and being able to do 3x5 on the 150 doesnt mean you can jump to the 200 so i kept at it till i could do like... 16 reps for 3 sets. but it seems to have worked ok because I can do about 4 reps on the 200 now and about a month ago i couldnt close it even once. that being said, i still think the best route would to be to take it in 5-10lbs increments if they're out there. but w/e works i suppose

for practical reference, before starting i was having trouble holding the bar during DLs above 365lbs so thats about 183lbs per arm.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj9Ue9co4us

Are you supposed to use your thumb too to push them together?
>>
>>34902358
this. the dude doesnt really explain it in the video. Would using the thumb exercise your arm more intensely or less?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.