[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Back exercises for tall people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Bent_Over_Barbell_Row.png (50 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
Bent_Over_Barbell_Row.png
50 KB, 540x360
Is it just me who cannot progress past 25kg on bent-over row? I'm 6'5'', are tall people just not able to perform bent-over rows correctly?

Thinking I might switch to machines for back exercises unless /fit/ knows of a way to perform rows correctly for lanklets.
>>
>>34897836
Also 6'5" and I don't have a problem? I'm still a noob only row 1pl8
>>
>using your height as an excuse

All lanklets should kill themselves
>>
>>34897843
I swear I'm doing it correctly, like in the picture I posted...
>>
>70 kg bent over row
>60 kg bench
M-muh functional strength
>>
>>34897836
It's normally the other way around for tall ppl.

>tfw 6'6
>all pulling exercises are way better then my push exercises
>>
>>34897900
I don't think it is bud. Pull ups are notoriously hard for big guys for example.

25kg row is piss poor tho, but that's what progressive resistance is for. Start at a lower weight and gradually increase until strong.
>>
Not gonna lie you are incredibly weak, but as long as you're rowing that kind of weight, you may want to figure out a way to raise the barbell up to the point where it would be if you were rowing actual 20kg plates, which does decrease your ROM but is easier on your body. LIke stack some plates under there.
>>
>>34897851
>like in the picture I posted...
Well that might be the problem.
You want to bend your knees more (get your center of mass lower and closer to the ground), and you want to stick your ass further back. If rowing to the chest, you should almost rest your belly on your thighs. If you row to your abs or waist you should have a more upright torso, but still with the ass far back and a good knee bend.

That is the correct way to do bent over rows. Not only will you be in a better position to pull from, bio-mechanically speaking, but you will also be in a much safer position for your low back.
>>
Why would a person do this shit lift?
>>
>>34897988
Not sure if serious...
>>
>>34897900
Mostly this. Urangutan arms help a lot
but
>6'3
>pulling and pushing exercises are great
>my squat is abhorrent in comparison
>>
i'm 6'5, just starting out and doing SL 5x5

my lower back is killing me and I think it's the rows
my form must be off but I don't know how
>>
>>34898114
This
> 6'3
> rowing 85kg
> DL at 140kg
> tfw squat is only 70kg
>>
>>34897900
How is that the case? I get that with deadlifts but beyond that I don't see how longer arms can be anything but a hindrance?
>>
>>34898114
im 6'5 and i will never do a single squat in my life again

i tried it couple of times and my balance is fucking shit i always fall either on my heels or toes magically decide to fuck me over to the front
>>
>>34898275
Read this >>34897933
>>
>>34898288
Far greater divide in weight than me that's for sure. You sound like you simply neglected them. Keep at it, it gets better over time.

>>34898311
Get someone to help you; squats suck ass starting out but they are essential
>>
>>34898325
I just practiced what he said in my room (no bar or weight but just bent over) and it seems a lot more comfortable, thanks
>>
As a former lanklet, all these rows where a huge problem for me because it caused so much stress on my lower back. Pendlay rows were out of the question and my bent over rows ended up with me standing nearly straight.

If the lower back/stability is your problem then go with DB rows. Lean down with one knee on the bench until your back is nearly horizontal and have your resting arm stabilize you.

Generally tho, tall people have alot better pullmovements than pushmovements. If you ever feel bad about it, just remember that the 5'7 manlet benching 3plaet probably wouldnt even manage 2plaet if he had your ROM.
>>
>mfw I'm 5'5" 67.8kg and rowed 100kg for five with only a bit of cheating

I'd post the video I took but I don't want my face here
>>
>>34898394
No no no and no. Everybody and his mum fucks up form on bent-over rows. Your height has nothing to do with it. Not understanding biomechanics has a lot to do with it.
I refer to >>34897933
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.