[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grip strength/forearm exercises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: forearmandhandmuscles.jpg (53 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
forearmandhandmuscles.jpg
53 KB, 1024x600
Tried to deadlift 90kg (198lbs) today, but my grip strength isn't enough to hold the bar after the 3rd rep on the 3rd set.
My back could quite happily do another 2 sets, and I know that my forearms are letting me down. Wat do?
>>
>>34877914
Use hook grip. Also - bar holds and farmer walks
>>
Pullups/ pull up bar hanging

For hardcore mode, hang with only one hand.
>>
Hook grip.
>b-but it hurts
Don't be a girl.
>>
When doing deadlifts or shoulder shrugs hold the bar for a while after every set.
>>
>>34877914

Are you a woman or something?
Try dead hangs and pull ups.
>>
>>34877944
>>34877969
I do use hook grip.
Didn't know about the bar hold and farmer's walks though.
>>
That's interesting and all OP but first could we talk about the 5 sets of deadlifts?
>>
File: hookgrip.jpg (48 KB, 382x330) Image search: [Google]
hookgrip.jpg
48 KB, 382x330
>>34877990
You're telling me you're a human male who does this and your grip still fails at 200 lbs?

Are you sure you aren't a 13 year old girl in disguise?
>>
>>34877983
I'll try these out as well, only been lifting for 2 months
>>34877996
What do you mean?
>>
>>34877990
>I do use hook grip.
You don't use hook grip. You either don't know the difference between over hand and hook grip or you're doing hook grip wrong.

Failing at 90 kg tho is shit either way and you should feel bad. From now on hold the bar for a while at the top of the last rep using overhand. If that's impossible do it with a lower weight and build up
>>
>>34878027
Not the other poster, but most recommend only doing 1x5 or so for working set of deadlift
>>
>>34878027
5 sets of deadlifts is super stressful on your CNS. One workset is all you really need desu.
>>
>>34879154
cant you do 4 warm ups using light weights then heavy for 1 set ?
>>
>>34879734
Yes that is what a working set is. But honestly 3 warm up sets should be fine. Deadlift is all about dat form.
>>
>>34880051
ok thank you
>>
>>34877914
Farmer's Walks, Static Bar Holds, Plate Carries, Hammer Curls.
>>
Homegym Master Race reporting in. I do farmer's carries with a couple 5 gallon gas canisters filled with water. Weigh about 50 lbs each. Usually do 3 sets of 50-75 yards, working my grip endurance for the military.
Can I do this after every lifting session (3x/week)?
>>
File: perare.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
perare.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
>>34877914
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1DG4qbiIAM
>>
make a wrist roller
>>
>>34882151
>Usually do 3 sets of 50-75 yards, working my grip endurance for the military.
I know a few early response disaster teams do this kind of thing as a test. They usually like to do a couple of jerry cans and a wonky single can. But the distances are longer
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.