[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Fit/ Halp.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Ramen.jpg (740 KB, 1000x813) Image search: [Google]
Ramen.jpg
740 KB, 1000x813
So I've posted here before, mostly as a lurker.
/baker/Anon I actually did message your step-sister I'm desperate for options here.

Anyway, my family is fat. I'm obese (by 3 lbs), my father is probably morbidly obese, and my mother and sister are probably obese as well. I've had an interest in y'know, not being a fatass for a while, but depression set me back a bit, and when you're depressed and can't talk to/trust anyone, shit sucks.

Anyway, I'm trying to get into cooking now that I can really cook/purchase groceries since I've got job money, and I need to know some cheap multi-use ingredients. I like scrounging about for cool recipes online, but they more often than not don't share certain spices/ingredients, so I end up buying a container of a certain spice or whatever that I won't use for anything else.

Inb4 move out, can't afford it. Also my credit score is garbage (and it isn't my fault, see >>34825893 )

Pic semi-related, I like the idea of many a soup.
>>
>>34874574
coconut oil - healthiest oil there is, use it instead of any other oil

paprika - great for roasting meats and veggies as well as non-asian soups

tumeric, cumin, ground coriander - 3 best spices for curry

ginger, garlic, red and brown onions - one of these is pretty much needed in every legitimate recipe
>>
So lean meats, vegetables and complex carbs that are measured and prepped will be the best option... combined with resistance training of course.
>>
>>34874634
>>34874593
Thanks, this should help me put together a list of essentials, not that anybody else will eat them and I'll get in trouble because it's disrespectful to cook my own meal if food has been cooked/bought already.

Also does anyone know any depression advice? I don't trust therapists (and for good reason) so any advice is appreciated.
>>
Also since frozen chicken is cheap, does it make sense to stock the freezer with a bunch of frozen chicken/use chicken as a primary protein?
>>
>>34874574
Chicken breast and thighs are really versatile.
>>
>>34874574
Although many /fit/izens are also there, >>>/ck/ should know more than us. Ask there.
>>
>>34874574

Watch the attached video, they also have many beginner cooking videos for somebody who has never cook. Way past my skill level now, but they would be invaluable for someone like you who is just starting out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITUXDFbJ88
>>
>>34874708
Why don't you trust therapists, anon? I went to a psychologist for a few months and it felt great having someone to unload all my thoughts and feelings to. That was one of the main reasons I went - not to be a nuisance for anyone close to me b/c I needed someone to listen.

If you abso-100percent-fuckingloutly you won't go, you could start learning an instrument (or take on a similar creative hobby) or get a dog. As long as you feel comfortable and secure walking, training and loving it for many years it can be your best friend, and a helluva therapist in of itself.

>bu--but anon! Those things cost money!

Yeah, and quite a lot too - but if you're starting taking up a gym membership and buying grosseries instead of eating whatever comes your way, you're already spending money.
Taking care of your mind is just as important as taking care of your body.
Remember that, anon.
>>
The best way to eat healthy and cheaply is to get bulk bags of filling staples like rice,beans,lentils and chickpeas.

When shopping for meat get whatever is on sale, but try to pick up whole roasts( whole chickens, beef rib roasts, bone in pork roasts). The meat from the roast will last multiple dinners and the leftover bits(bones/carcass) can be simmered with veggies/ herbs to make a tasty stock. The stock us good for soup and cooking lentils/beans/chickpeas. Make sure to leave your stock in the fridge overnight you can separate the coagulated fat the next day.
>>
>>34876620
Also, make sure to purchase lots of the veggies that are available cheaply year round in your region(onions,carrots,celery likely). Serve lots of veggies, people can't complain you didn't make enough food if their plate is loaded with tasty but healthy veggies. Save the peelings to flavor your stock.

For herbs, find out what grows well in your region and grow your own. Go to a local gardening store and purchase some plants, it will be way cheaper in the end.

Finally make use of salt and pepper, the cheapest and simplest seasoning can make nearly anything edible.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.