[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How into never getting sick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 1422133740847.jpg (149 KB, 1031x822) Image search: [Google]
1422133740847.jpg
149 KB, 1031x822
Every fucking year around this time I get a cold. As I type this I have that little scratchy feeling at the back of my throat that tells me I'm going to be sick soon

What do I do/eat/whatever to stop getting a cold every goddamn winter

Also, if you're one of those faggots that says "since I started lifting, I never get sick anymore" fucking kill yourself, get out of my thread
>>
Bump. I also feel this scratchy-ness and want to fuckin avoid whatever it may turn in to.
>>
Zinc. 25-50 mg daily.

Take 200mg if you want to have a near death experience
>>
>>34872058
this
and wash your fucking hands
dont leave the house

and anons, what about vitamin c?
>>
>>34872019
I've been sick maybe 5 times in my life at 19.
I attribute it to not being a neat freak. Never wash my hands, little regard for germs, etc. Nice to test the immune system so when a bug comes around it knows what to do.
>>
File: images (26).jpg (11 KB, 240x169) Image search: [Google]
images (26).jpg
11 KB, 240x169
Get the flu vaccine fag
>>
>>34872089
Actually sounds legit
>>
>>34872089
do u at least wash ur hands after u poop?

fuck's sake anon please
>>
>>34872112
Nope
>>
>>34872112
Only if I get shit on them
https://youtu.be/X29lF43mUlo?t=22s
>>
>>34872125
George Carlin is a legend
>>
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Probiotics for your immune system
>>
File: Hitmarker.png (4 KB, 377x378) Image search: [Google]
Hitmarker.png
4 KB, 377x378
>>34872019
Its just because people tend to spend more time indoors in the winter so indoors is a great place for mr. bacteria to find some nice hosts. The only way to combat this is to wash your hands and be careful but really, its no big deal getting sick.

lets just bust some quick myths
>its colder so your immune system is lowered
not true. Your immune system remains the same.
>When your body temperature lowers your immune system is weaker
this is true but if your body temperature is low enough for that, you'll have hypothermia and have far greater things to worry about
>>
>>34872109
Common cold and flu are different bro
>>
>>34872058
mfw I take zinc every day until I starta 10-day antibiotic and can't take it. Immediately get sick. 3 days left (but at least my fucking testicals aren't killing me anymore)
>>
>>34872089
wait til your immune system starts to slow down in your 20s. i was the same as you. enjoy your feeling of feeling immortal
>>
>>34872058
>Take 200mg if you want to have a near death experience

pls alaborate
>>
>>34872019
Unless you have washed them recently don't put your fingers in your mouth, on your eyes, up your nose, or anywhere else on your face.

Zinc supplementation is a bit of a /fit/ meme in that if you are consuming a good amount of protein from a variety of sources (particularly red meat) there is no need to supplement. The exception here is chicken breast, which contains very little so if that is your main protein source supplementation may produce benefits for you.

Never get sick is a retarded proposition. If you get one or two colds a year that's really not a big deal, especially since the intense symptoms usually only last 1-3 days.
>>
>>34872019
I never get sick because I'm not a dumb fucking germaphobe.
>>
>>34872777
lol okay faggot
>>
>>34872078
Vitamin c has absolutely no use against colds at all.
>>
>>34872757
This is the only real answer. Contact with mucus membrane usually leads to infection.
Don't bother with antibacterial bullshit, just soap, water, 30 seconds, good to go
>>
>>34872786
>dumbass germaphobe rarely has active immune system due to avoidance
>meanwhile, I have little fear for microbes and pathogens because there is little you can do to avoid them, since they're everywhere. They are apart of life
>Dont wash hands often, dont really care about cross contamination, dont clean ofte,
>get sick a couple times as a teen
>Haven't gotten sick since
>>
>>34872800
then what does it do? it doesnt help prevent them?

that's what it says on the bottle

was I lied to?
>>
>>34873383
It does nothing past placebo effect.

Yes you were lied to.

This is how supplements work. Pretty much free reign to say whatever they want.

What's in the bottle might not even be vitamin c. As long as it's not dangerous they can sell whatever they like.
>>
I take 2g Vitamin C a day, never got ill in the last 2 years since I take it.
Works for me.
>>
>>34872019
eat heaps of green veggies. dont eat too many grains coz they fuck up your ability to absorb nutrients. if you really care you should cut them out entirely as they are basically useless to the body. eat more fish and things with omega 3 oil. get lots of good fat (coconut oil, avocados, nuts). dont eat too much dairy apart from natural or greek yogurt. dont eat shitty processed food

and yeah get on some fuckin zinc nigga, 50mg a day
>>
>>34872019
When you feel the scratchy, get strongest alcoholic deink you have and gurgle it so it burns back of your throat then spit it out. Do this a few times during the day for a few days. You might want to swallow a little so it burns your throat. Rakija or vodka work best.
Works every time.
>>
>>34872621
>immune system slows down

This is not a thing
>>
I take 50mg of zinc and 1g of vitamin c daily. Haven't been sick in over a year. The key is as soon as you start getting a hint that you're sick (scratchy throat or mucus buildup) you have to pound down the water and the vitamins much more than normal.
>>
>>34872651

If you take too much zinc without copper, your system gets fucked
>>
>>34873527
I haven't taken vit c and still didn't get sick so I cancelled out your mom science you bitch
>>
>>34873553
So you probably get enough via food.
I got sick easily, but since I supplement vitamin C I feel so much better and never got the flu/a cold.

Good for you that you have such a good immune system!
>>
>>34873527
Try again i take no supplements and don't remember the last time i was sick. Supplements are the biggest meme in the world. I laugh at everybody who takes them.
>>
>>34873570
This. Pharmajew bullshit.
>>
Isn't 50mg of zinc a bit much to supplement?
since you can get a lot from meat and oats
>>
>>34873570
I am admiring your immune system.
For me 2g of vitamin C is doing well to not get sick, whatever works for you.
>>
My old roommate literally refused to get sick. He would always say I'm not going to get sick. I'd get the flu and colds in that small fucking dorm, and he'd never get sick. I truly believe through sheer will that fuckboi had the ability to choose not to get sick because there was no explanation for some of that.
>>
>>34873570
yeah maybe if you know literally nothing about how different minerals/vitamins work together

>>34873625
start at 25mg and if you dont feel anything go to 50mg
>>
>>34873631
ur too nice for this board
>>
Stop breathing in wood smoke. It impairs immune function in very low, odorless concentrations that even shut windows and doors cannot keep out. Unfortunately this society is plagued with degenerates mentally stuck in 6000 BC who mistakenly believe they need to shit up the air in order to heat their homes. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>34873625

Too much zinc can cause copper insufficiency.
>>
Stay away from kids and people who have kids.

Use the Patrice O'Neal method of sneezing as hard as you can when you have to instead of covering your mouth. (Does not work for diabetes or strokes)

Wash your bed shit every day that you are sick or feel like you're getting close to being sick.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.