[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rhizobia bacterium fix nitrogen from air in exchange of glucose,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: tweet the conditions.jpg (246 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tweet the conditions.jpg
246 KB, 1280x720
Rhizobia bacterium fix nitrogen from air in exchange of glucose, usually found in legume roots.
How cool it would be if we engineered a mice to do just that?

pic unrelated
>>
File: 1446998269688.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446998269688.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
>>34863388
Not quite sure what the purpose would be?

Pic unrelates
>>
Found a way to infinite gainz:

All of this requires some human bioengineering, so not sure if it qualifies as natty.
Basically, you need either a dual purpose bacteria or two different strains or what the fuck do I know.

Idea is to engineer our skin to work like giant leaves, absorbing sunlight and CO2 to fixate carbon. The nitrogen fixating bacteria then converts that into amino acids.

Infinite solar powered protein gains.
>>
>>34863623
I'm really high right now, so if this makes no sense I apologise.
>>
>>34863634
It makes absolutely no sense
>>
>>34863623
>>34863634

Odds are such animal would be coldblooded too.
What you've in mind is reptilians of conspiracy theories.
>>
>>34863666
>>34863665
Darn. Been watching too much SciFi I guess. Anyway, I'm not talking about a natural creature having these traits, but humans having it bioengineered into them.
>>
>>34863388
They are one kind of nitrogen fixing bacteria.

They require root nodes to thrive and are in symbiosis with legumes. The legumes have gene sequences and shit to accommodate the bacteria. They won't even work with most other plants never mind animals.

The issues would be very complicated. Other than that, if you used another bacteria with less issues, you'd want it to produce the right kind of proteins/amino acids, it would need access to nitrogen from the air and glucose from your diet so even though that could be simpler it's still complicated.
>>
>>34863731
But it would make feeding much more efficient, just drink glycerol +water with trace vitamins, minerals, fibers all day every day for infinity gains.
>>
>>34863894
That doesn't make it any easier to do.

You might be able to do a version of it now but you'd only get a supply of certain vitamins and proteins. That still might fuck up gluconeogenesis too, where your bod converts proteins to glucose when you're hungry. The immune system would potentially go mental too.
>>
>>34863894
Also vitamins are proteins, they're vital amines.
>>
>>34864319

>immune response

This guy gets it. As a scientist, biologist, and future pharmacist I applaud your genuine attempt. However, it's true that attempting something like this in the short term would likely kill you. You could always take immune response dampering drugs, but then you risk further infection and possibly septic shock.

According to out mitochondrial DNA, it is hypothesized and generally accepted as theory that mitochondria were originally in a symbiotic relationship with primitive eukaryotic ancestors. I guess one shouldn't dismiss the possibility. Possibly an alien species evolved with these type of nitrogen fixing bacteria in place of or in concurrency with ATP producing bacteria to form a race of super elite mega god aliens with infinite gainz.

sux to b hooman OP
>>
>>34864373
thanks, but i am a physicist, so all the trades you mentioned are beneath me, this is bretty basic stuff here moran
>>
Nitrogen is like 8/10 of air we breathe.
>>
>>34865691
http://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/systems/respiratory/question98.htm
The average adult at rest inhales and exhales something like 7 or 8 liters (about one-fourth of a cubic foot) of air per minute. That totals something like 11,000 liters of air (388 cubic feet) in a day.

>Density at stp (0 °C and 101.325 kPa) 1.251 g/L

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Earth#Composition

Nitrogen N2 780,840 78.084 %

Assuming 1 gram of nitrogen for liter of air that's 11 kg a day or 1 pound each hour flushing in our lungs.
>>
>>34863388
ITT: Look guys, i just learned a little something about biology and now i am an expert engineer!

Wait till you guys get to grad school and actually become professionals. Undergraduate studies are basic; you go graduate school for a reason.
>>
>>34863388

is this really what the schools use to teach stuff these days?

genuinely curious. i feel like the world has completely changed these last few years.
>>
>>34865885
The kids in high school don't want to learn unless you are from northern states. All kids in the south just want to drink, do drugs, and hope that in the future they will be successful. This is literally the best way to get kids to get involved in studies.
When I came to Florida from New York, I couldn't believe how many kids were failing standardized tests and just sitting on bleachers during PE.
>>
>>34865885
It's likely just an assignment cooked up by one teacher that is trying way too hard. I've taught for three years and never seen anything like this, so at least in my state, it certainly isn't standard.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.