[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is an adjustable bench essential?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: JYZlnp4.jpg (252 KB, 485x640) Image search: [Google]
JYZlnp4.jpg
252 KB, 485x640
G'day lads

Keen to start getting /fit/ over the next few months, but I've got no equipment and a gym membership is a bit too expensive for me right now.
I'm definitely going to get some adjustable dumbells, as they're cheap and apparently versatile.

People tell me that I'm also going to want an adjustable bench. Is it necessary, or is it just a nice convenience?
>>
>>34863306
if you're really short on cash just get something to use as a bench (needs to be about knee height) and do dumbbell press instead of bench press
>>
>>34863322
What about stuff like Incline bench? Or can I substitute that with other shit?
>>
>>34863306
Idk where you are from, but a bench and good adjustable dumbbells are probably more expensive than a 3-6 month gym membership.
>>
>>34863358
Dumbells are $60 here (including 30kg's worth of weights), benches could be around $100.

Memberships range from $250 a year to $400. When I get my student allowance from the government, I'll probably have enough money to hit the gym. A few months until that happens though, so I might as well make a start!
>>
>>34863340
If you are both benching and OHPing it's redundant anyway. I have never used them and I'm doing just fine.
>>
>>34863373
>30kg worth of weight
lmao
Does no gym allow you to buy a month at a time?
>>
>>34863436
Cause what I'm thinking of doing is a daily routine that works on all areas of my body. I guess the only reason I'd need a bench would be for the chest, but maybe I can find some alternative...
>>
>>34863443
Trust me, prices in NZ are a bit fucked up. It's like $75 a month at most places(?)
>>
>>34863340
I have an adjustable bench and to be honest I always use it flat. Nice to have the option I suppose but it's far from essential.
>>
>>34863446
I'm just referring to the incline part .>>34863458
summed it up pretty well, it's mostly a unused feature.
A flat bench is mandatory. If you are on a budget they are both cheaper and of higher quality than their tilting counterparts.
>>
>>34863446
>Cause what I'm thinking of doing is a daily routine that works on all areas of my body.
thats a shitty idea and you will have shit results. then again, only having 30kg, it wont matter what kind of routine you do. go to a gym or enjoy being stuck in the land of no gains
>>
Sweet as, so it looks like most of you guys think that it's not necessary.

If I need to improvise one, what's the cheapest and best option? A plank of wood?
>>
>>34863475
Yeah I'm still thinking of how I'll arrange things, so any decent ideas are welcome mate!

Also I'm a bit of a skelly, so 30kg would probably be alright for a start
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.