[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If im consistently getting stronger, but not gaining weight,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Rip.jpg (45 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Rip.jpg
45 KB, 250x250
If im consistently getting stronger, but not gaining weight, should I still up my calories?

I did read the sticky, and it says to basically just eat more, but I have not gained any weight in these 2 months time but my strength has increased.

Right now im 193lbs
bench-240
Squat 300
DL havnt maxed yet
Ohp 145

I imagine that when my lifts get higher im going to have to gain weight to progress at any reasonable speed.
i spent a little while losing weight to get where i am now, which is a just above skinny fat 193lbs. I lifted the whole time but i dont look like it in the slightest so i decided to bulk considering I don't care all that much about being lean.
>>
>>34855903
>I imagine that when my lifts get higher im going to have to gain weight to progress at any reasonable speed.

yes
currently you're just getting more efficient and that's good but it's slow and unsustainable for loner periods of time(ie: you won't get to 300 bench that fast if you maintain you current bw)

ifyou aren't in for aesthetics, then bulk up
just don't be that faggot that bulks to 20+%bf
>>
>>34855960
Thanks for the response.
But when i say "just above skinny fat" i meant im a bit fatter than skinny fat so bulking to 20percent plus seems unavoidable, i guess ill just make the judgement call if I get too fat too quick for my own taste.
>>
>>34855960
20% BF is the upper limit for bulking right?
Cause I'm currently at around 13-14%.
I gained around 3kg, now I'm 75kg.
If I eat at small surplus, at what point will I hit 20%?
>>
>>34855903
can't imagine you're that skinny fat with those stats tbqh, are those 1rms or 5rms?
>>
>>34855992
>>34856023
you have to be the judge
i don't know your genetics and metabolism

if you think you're geting too fat, slowthe fuck down

and as bulking i don't mean full-retard eat-all-you-can-eat style, but rather add 300-500kcal to your daily tdee

you have to know how to autoregulate
all advice somebody can give you here is either: cut/(slow)bulk/maintain, but only you will learn what's best for you if you try it out
>>
>>34856048
1 rep maxes.
Do people usually post 5 rep maxes?
I have a pretty weird build desu, also im not sure what its worth but I had a wrestling coach last year tell me I have a sort of retard/natural strength.
>>
if your goal is to gain weight, then yes, eat more
>>
File: 1413409467604.jpg (61 KB, 509x509) Image search: [Google]
1413409467604.jpg
61 KB, 509x509
>>34855903
>bench 240
>squat 300
>>
>>34856122
Yeah, I skip legs a lot not gonna lie.
>>
File: 1437508932427.png (3 KB, 274x242) Image search: [Google]
1437508932427.png
3 KB, 274x242
>>34856140
>tfw I'm >>34856122 and only do bw pistol squats
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.