[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have ADD >Get prescribed 20 mg addy Will this effect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: SHR00331.jpg (29 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
SHR00331.jpg
29 KB, 288x216
>Have ADD
>Get prescribed 20 mg addy

Will this effect anything other than my appetite in a negative way? Can I still make it?
>>
Besides the fact that you don't have add, you should be fine
>>
>>34853356
It's basically speed.
A lot less appetite, but a lot more drive.
>>
>>34853363
ADHD my bad Senpai
>>
>>34853356
Just sell them if you don't want them.
>>
>>34853365
there's a reason they call it 'kid's cocaine'
>>
>>34853386

ADD/ADHD isn't real.
>>
>>34853406
Source?
>>
Constant constipation should be expected, as well as dehydration if you don't drink water very regularly.

If you abuse it enough with other drugs, you can aquire some other effects too, but I don't know if that's your intention here getting an amphetamine prescription for a fake disease.
>>
>>34853413

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/adhd.asp
>>
File: tumblr_n2sxg6JuGT1qeablwo1_500.jpg (12 KB, 471x390) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2sxg6JuGT1qeablwo1_500.jpg
12 KB, 471x390
>>34853413
>>
>>34853406
>>34853363
People who say ADD/ADHD isn't real are idiots who assume just because it's a "fad" that it can't be real. There is a measurable difference in brain function.

>>34853446
>snopes
fuck off
>>
>>34853446
>didn't even read your own link
>>
cardiomyopathy
>>
>>34853569
tl;dr say goodbye to heart OP
>>
>>34853406
>sometimes, I blend out of conversations when the other person is talking more then 10 sec
>in school, I was blending out when the teacher started talking and came back at the end of the lesson
>remember from my childhood that while reading a page in a book, I would just blend out until somebody interrupted my thought process
>this happened multiple times per page

Yeah sure ADD doe not exist I am merely imagining things.
>>
>>34853446
"...it's clear that Dr. Eisenberg wasn't asserting that ADHD isn't a real disorder, but rather that he thought the influence of genetic predispositions for ADHD (rather than social/environmental risk factors) were vastly overestimated"

Did you even read what you cited?
>>
>>34853503
Someone grew up on speed because their parents were too retarded to not fall into a Jewish ploy. Frustrating huh? Look at the face on the creator (Eisenberg) literal troll face.

You got trolled lol
>>
20mg is a lot anon. Don't take these too late in the day or say goodbye to your sleep gains
>>
>>34853356
take it before your workouts

get shredded
>>
>>34853629

That's called mental illness, not "ADD/ADHD" :^)
>>
File: QLalc3v.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
QLalc3v.gif
2 MB, 400x225
Let me educate you fucks. Add/adhd has been overdiagnosed like no other. This is partially due to bad psychiatry and partially due to the fact that there is a serious lack of discipline. School is hard. Phasing out and getting distracted is normal. Now when this shit starts to affect other areas of life like for example you cant buy groceries because your mind is all over the place, you need to get checked. Drugs are just a bandaid for internal problems most of the time. If you want to work on it for real it will take a lot of personal effort in finding discipline, outlets for energy, listening skills, etc.
>>
>>34853356
>Will this effect anything other than my appetite in a negative way?

adderall is amphetamine. powerful stimulant, high addiction potential, potentially critical side effects.

yes, it fucking will affect more than your appetite in a negative way. go read up on amphetamine if you want to find out what exactly it can do to you.
>>
>>34853836

If he actually should be on Adderall it shouldn't affect his sleep at all you fucking mong.

Then again OP is probably some college fag that was too lazy to study and just cried
>muh focus
>>
>>34853406

Please kill yourself. You are scum and worth less than a hamplanet, and the earth would benefit from your demise.
>>
>>34854141
OP here, yes I actually am supposed to be on it, took a shit ton of tests as a child, but didn't get it until after college, wish I would have though
>>
>>34853356
OP I've been taking a derivative of this shit since I was 11. Drink lots of water and remember to eat, because the pills will cut your appetite and make you feel not thirsty, but when you come down from them if you haven't eaten or drunk anything you'll get a massive migraine. Also, a lot of people report the pills causing diarrhea daily, but thankfully I never had that symptom.
>>
>>34853994
It's overprescribed in part because diagnoses are hard and in part because the side effects of the medicine is really mild. I've been on something for almost 15 years now. Before I took the pills I was a C student in middle school, after being on the pills I turned into an A student and have sailed through school all the way to getting my phd. If I forget to take my pills in the morning I can't even drive my car down the street without almost getting into an accident. Some of us just need the fucking pills
>>
On 72 mg Ritalin here, don't take it on days you workout. It fucks up your heart.
>>
Yeah you may have a chance of passing your exams and getting a job that pays taxes.
>>
>>34853356
>Have ADD
another retard.
>>
>constantly hear about how overprescribed ADHD medications are
>been trying to fake ADD for the last like 2 years, got nothing except every antidepressant on the market
WHAT IS THE TRICK?? I think I'm fucked because I've always done extremely well in school and that's like the only symptom they look for in diagnosing this fake ass disorder.
>>
>>34855268
Wanting drugs for a "fake" disorder. KYS.
>>
File: uggggghhhhhhh.jpg (31 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
uggggghhhhhhh.jpg
31 KB, 500x666
>>34853356
I am prescribed 60 mg a day. I have no appetite or constipation issues, although clearly I have a pretty high tolerance. The worst side effect I have is an occasional mild headache which usually go away after an hour and are easily remedied by Aleve, anyway. Adderall is god tier IMO. I don't really believe in ADD but that's the official reason I have it.

I take it because I like being jacked up on caffeine and stimulants (not high but stimulated) and more importantly because Adderall has been shown to improve more or less your entire physical being.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall#Performance-enhancing
>>
>>34855268

lol what? My first visit to a psychiatrist (for depression) he basically asked me if I wanted adderal to help me concentrate despite my grades, which were great

you actually have to believably fake something wrong with your brain, not just say "I can't pay attention in school"

these guys had to go to fucking med school to get to where they are anon, they aren't stupid and can probably spot your malingering from a mile away
>>
Was on ritalin and dexamphetamine and the side effects were horrific.

The sexual side effects I am still trying to recover from. Stim dick is ignored by the medicial industry because if people knew what it could do they'd be more weary.

Some people experience the opposite, they feel like 'superman', but it ruined me down there and it's going to take a while to get back to normal.

>never slept better than when on ritalin
>but stopped dreaming
>have had a racing heart all my life, can often feel it beating
>stims settle this down for me...
>>
File: 1446163360679.jpg (92 KB, 572x748) Image search: [Google]
1446163360679.jpg
92 KB, 572x748
>>34853901
Actually it's both, just like your supreme mental retardation.
>>
>>34853885
Do you do this?
>>
>>34853406

over diagnosed sure, but stop spreading the meme that it isn't real. this hurts real kids who need treatment
>>
>>34853356
It is not good for your heart.
The effects of prolonged use of stimulants has not been explored extensively.
Depending on how you metabolize it, a dose of 20mg may have noticeable (to you and/or to others) effects on your behavior.
Withdrawal can be incapacitating.

>>34853503
>There is a measurable difference in brain function.

There is no measurable physiological difference. If you think that there is, I invite you to direct me toward the literature.

>>34854882
You only need them because you are a drug addict now.

>>34859387
Nobody needs it unless they're already on it and biochemically dependent.

The real problem is twofold: lack of discipline, and shitty schools.
Kids these days are socialized by television and social media. Their brains are programmed for instant gratification with an attention span that lasts seconds.

TV provides a constant stimulus. Without discipline, it's difficult to focus on things that are boring. Stimulants make it easy and fun to focus on things that would otherwise bore you. Stimulants do that to everybody, not just people diagnosed with ADHD.
>>
>>34853629
ADD is real but that's pretty normal for everyone.
If I'm not completely interested in something my mind nopes out of there in seconds.
>>
>>34859655
>There is no measurable physiological difference. If you think that there is, I invite you to direct me toward the literature.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/revolutionary-brain-technology-means-adhd-6656817

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/news/science-news/2007/brain-matures-a-few-years-late-in-adhd-but-follows-normal-pattern.shtml

http://www.medicaldaily.com/adult-adhd-brain-shows-biological-differences-people-who-grew-out-disorder-287480

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/09September/Pages/Brain-scans-offer-clues-into-ADHD.aspx
>>
>>34853901
It's a mental illness called ADD you absolute retard
>>
File: 1413688127872.jpg (49 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1413688127872.jpg
49 KB, 340x340
>get diagnosed with ADHD
>doc tries to prescribe something that isn't adderall or vyvanse
>mfw

honestly though it's a legit thing but getting more sleep after being deprived for years has helped tremendously
>>
>>34853503
Yeah, in two small subgroups of ADHD people who are diagnosed as children.

Doesn't change the fact that long term amphetamine use is neurotoxic and that behavioral therapy combined with non stimulant based meds are just as effective.
>>
>>34860270
#rekt
>>
>>34853356
Yeah its gonna fuck up your blood pressure so take good care of your heart if you're gonna take it, stop taking anything with caffeine in it.
>>
>>34860270
You clearly didn't understand what I meant by "literature"

>http://www.mirror.co.uk
Did you even read this?

>http://www.nimh.nih.gov
“Brain imaging is still not ready for use as a diagnostic tool in ADHD,” noted Shaw. “Although the delay in cortex development was marked, it could only be detected when a very large number of children with the disorder were included. It is not yet possible to detect such delay from the brain scans of just one individual. The diagnosis of ADHD remains clinical, based on taking a history from the child, the family and teachers.”

>medicaldaily.com
I suggest that you read the actual paper: http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/137/9/2423

>www.nhs.uk
"The study authors' conclusions were considered and did not suggest that improvements in ADHD diagnosis were imminent based on these results alone. They called for further research to confirm and validate their findings [...]"
>>
>>34861580
Doesn't change the fact the medical industry is investigating its use because of the likehood it will be able to show it on brain scans.
>>
>>34854838
>when you come down from them you'll have a massive migraine
THANK YOU

I've never thought of the cause for this, and I've been on them for a good 14 years. I already have been drinking plenty more water since /fit/ said to drink water until your urine is clear. I'll keep it in mind. It's fucking annoying.
>>
File: 1447047686400.gif (27 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1447047686400.gif
27 KB, 200x200
>mfw dexamphetamine gives me anxiety and depression
>mfw SSRIs give me suicidal thoughts

Why does this happen?
>>
Addy can cause serious depression dude. The comedowns are excruciating and you begin to confuse the brutal comedown for your actual emotions.
>>
>>34862164
just get on opiates
solved everything in my life
>>
I think Adderal is in fact illegal almost everywhere except the united states.

I took a lot of different things, but once I hit 21, I've only taken Medikinet because it's the only legal medication you can give adults for ADD/ADHD. It's really good if you have to work for a long time- you can concentrate for the duration of it working- which is about 4 hours, but it fucks with your emotions. My friends always bitched how I was a lot less fun and quieter, etc.

Which was aggravating- without it, I'm too loud, with it I'm not loud enough.Whatever.
>>
>>34862658
I had a horrific depressive episode this year because of the meds and am still not over it.
>>
>>34862689

This is a healthy and wholesome approach to things.
>>
I did a lot of D-amp in the last two years and I can assure you that it's gonna mess with your brain long term.
I cannot focus on books anymore, the things I did while stimmed bore me after a few minutes (videogames, playing guitar) and I have trouble with memory.
I can understand if you need it before an important exam but try to stay away from strong stimulants if possible
>>
>>34853406
*tips fedora*

gtfo fucking faggot ahhaahahahah ahah HAAHAHAHAHAH everyrbody look at this fucking retard know it all

everybody is laughing at you dumb fuck hahahahaah a plzz kill yourself
>>
>>34855388
25lbs thats like 10kg?
>>
>>34862689
Low doses of opiates really do actually make me feel better
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.