[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the iPhone steps tracker part of myfitnesspal accurate? Did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (799 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
799 KB, 750x1334
Is the iPhone steps tracker part of myfitnesspal accurate? Did I really burn 988 calories walking today?
>>
>>34551221
If you really walked 9.2 miles then yes
>>
>>34551359
Sweet. I'm a letter carrier so yes I did
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>34551221
Is anyone else surprised that 9 miles burns ~ 1000 cals? I thought we were meant to be super efficient long distance travellers?
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade just curious.
>>
>>34551415
Which letter?

I carry the D myself ;)
>>
File: 1442329627467.jpg (53 KB, 680x793) Image search: [Google]
1442329627467.jpg
53 KB, 680x793
>>34551666
>>
>>34551649
>I thought we were meant to be super efficient long distance travellers?
Are we travel robots or something? Why would you think so?
>>
>>34551718
Just a thought stemming from how primitive humans hunted mainly through exhaustion techniques. Also by how few calories cardio burns. In my head I thought that fact that humans were bipedal made us traveling very efficient in terms of biomechanics
>>
>>34551791
i mean, that's what I learned in hs bio
>>
I dunno, I have a Note 4 and the pedometer always seems to overestimate the amount of calories from walking. Like, I'll walk somewhere between 8-10km in a day and it tells me I've burned like 700 kcal, there's no way that's right.
>>
>>34551791
100 cals a mile, that's like half a coke or one hotdog bun or something.

thats pretty efficient to me
>>
>>34551221

No.
These are NEVER accurate.

If you're dieting NEVER trust them.

Calories burned has a fuckton of variables to be at least a bit accurate, and these thingys barely take 2 or 3 into account.
>>
>>34551791
But we didn't hunt like that. It's a theory and it's wrong. Running animals to exhaustion is totally bullshit and inefficient. We were more clever, used weapons, tools, traps, group coordination and planning.
>>
>>34553537
You don't just get that smart automatically.
>>
>>34553569
Yeah you get it by running 39 miles in a day after prey animals with no meat on them or something.
>>
>>34551791
We can hunt for small animals, mainly insects and reptiles. When I was small I used to capture lizards and a ton shit of bugs and even snakes. And I did it for fun, just imagine if your loif depended on it, you would be a pro hunter in just a couple months... Seriously people, have you ever even been in the nature?.
>>
>>34551791
ancient humans would take food with them when they were out
it was made easier after agriculture was introduced, but that led to a bunch of the men starving to death after they ran out while hunting
>>
>>34551221
lol no
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.