[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 6' and 180lbs. Is 3000 kcal too much for bulking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
I'm 6' and 180lbs.
Is 3000 kcal too much for bulking when my only activity is going to the gym 3 times per week while sitting in class all day and barely any walking?
>>
>>34525332
unless you're juicing you don't need anything more than 300 kcal surplus / day
>>
>weigh yourself
>eat 3000 kcal for a week
>weigh yourself again
>did i gain more than 1 lb?
>if yes, 3000 is too much
>>
>>34525332
that pic's bullshit because it's a known fact fats are more satiating than carbs
>>
>>34525370
>ketofag spewing broscience
What a surprise. Your stomach cares about volume and density of foods, so the best way to feel full is to be full of low cal veggies.
>>
>>34525332
listen to this >>34525345
>>
>>34525370
Yes but its a bit more complicated than that. Fats take a long time to digest but not nearly as long as protein. Your body sucks the water out of veggies quickly and so they fill you up but quickly lose satiety. Protein is the most superior on that list because it sits in your stomach for quite a while. Fats will coat your stomach and cause you to feel satiated for a while because of density but though it will last longer. Best solution is to eat all of them. Metabolism and digestion are some of the least understood mechanisms in the human brain arguably just behind the brain.
>>
>>34525370
just to clear things up, if you put refined sugar in a stomach, it would look pretty similar to the refined oil in that picture.

also satiation has almost everything to do with protein intake, and very little to do with fat.

all you need is your .45g of fats per pound of LBM to keep your hormones in check.

but seriously, VLCARB diets haven't been accepted in academia since 2009ish and with good reason

i can dig up the relevant studies if you want to play the /sci/ game
>>
>>34525370
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234
>>
>>34525332
as long as you use the term "kcal" as opposed to just using "cal" it doesn't matter what or how much you it, as it demonstrates your superior knowledge of nutrition muntiae.
>>
>>34526276
did you get cucked by a nutrition major?
>>
File: 1444760689391.jpg (58 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
1444760689391.jpg
58 KB, 500x287
>>34525332
fixed
>>
>>34525345

I personally do this. It is so simple and effective compared what most idiots do with calorie counting or special diets.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.