[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So all the sudden my left hip started hurting when I squat. Obviously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: air_squat.jpg (22 KB, 300x312) Image search: [Google]
air_squat.jpg
22 KB, 300x312
So all the sudden my left hip started hurting when I squat. Obviously hurts more if I squat more weight but wondering wtf is up. Should I just stop squatting for awhile to see if it's corrected or should I do more hip stretches or what. Getting frustrated. I quit for about a week and came back and it still happens. Help.
>>
Probably a hip impingement. Lots of people got it. Dumbbell spilt squats work for me
>>
Where exactly does it hurt?
>>
test
>>
Not using any gear currently. I'm about 185, highest squat is about 300. I was doing high bar when the hip thing started happening. Switched to low bar and still a problem.
>>
If its an impingement you can either get it scoped or replace squats with other shit
>>
File: psoasstretch.jpg (83 KB, 598x600) Image search: [Google]
psoasstretch.jpg
83 KB, 598x600
>>34521540
Just fucking stretch. Pic very much related.
>>
>>34522468
Is it happening when you are in the middle of the squatting part?
Does the pain feel like it's a joint pain, muscle pain or tendon pain ?
During which movement when you're laying on your back is the pain occurring ?
>>
>>34521540
that fucking pic

>neutral head position
Nope, you can look down, up, neutral, whatever, doesn't matter.

>knees behind toes
Nope, knees can go as forward as they need to, which is different for everyone.

>weight on heels
Nope, weight is distributed over the whole foot. Center of mass should be in the middle of the foot.

Also, none of this matters for a fucking unweighted squat.
>>
>>34522851
I'm glad you're on your second month of lifting
>>
>>34522862
what makes you say that?
>>
>>34522736
Happens at the bottom and coming out of the hole. Kind of combo of joint and muscle.
>>
>>34522895
because you have no idea how to squat and almost everything you said was wrong dumbass
>>
>>34522736
Also, I ran a 4 miler recent and had no real problem. It seems to be only when using decent weights squatting.
>>
>>34523299
Except it's not wrong.
And now I know you've read SS and think you know how to squat.
Good luck with that bro.
>>
File: whatever.jpg (7 KB, 150x188) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
7 KB, 150x188
>>34521540

Try low, I mean LOW weight for a while and see, if you still hurting, like after 2 weeks, get it check out.

Last year I was squating 300, feeling like a boss, then went to the ER.

Yeah, now if I can squat 275, I'll be happy
>>
>>34523362
did you try to keep your knees behind your toes?
did you try to arch your back?

if yes, yes, then big chance that that's why you fucked ur lower back
>>
>>34523362
Was it your back or your hip?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.