[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
boxing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: ashita no joe.jpg (188 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
ashita no joe.jpg
188 KB, 500x487
Is boxing a good way to get in shape if you're overweight?

I'm 5'4", 230lbs. Don't know how strong of a punch I've got, but I moved a 150+lbs TV up a flight of stairs on my own, without realizing that was apparently an impressive feat.
I should note that I know jack and shit about actual boxing, and that what I do know is probably outdated as fuck by about 30-40 years.
>>
>Impressive
Wat.
>>
>>31987063
I don't think it is, but people are always surprised that I was able to do that.
>>
File: image.jpg (563 KB, 2482x1588) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
563 KB, 2482x1588
Bro. Lift weights.
Source?
This is me.
Before and a current.
>>
>>31987109
You look like your typical cocky fatty sporting a tank top in the gym, thinking his arms are big because of his muscles when really they're just fat.

Is that correct?
>>
>>31987109
Oh look everyone, it's 2cool4u fat guy who thinks he's hot shit for doing a sitting press with lmao 1pl8 on the smith machine.
>>
>>31987021
>5'4"

kill yourself my man
>>
>>31987216
exactly what i thought
>>
>>31987021
>3/10
>>
File: tumblr_mqg5s9PuWr1qz581wo9_500.jpg (109 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqg5s9PuWr1qz581wo9_500.jpg
109 KB, 500x651
>>31987293
>>31987389
>>
>>31987216
who cares?
The point here is his fat loss
>>
>>31987021
Id say so, I've boxed for roughly 3 years and the interval based nature of the sport and training is close to HIIT which is generally better for weight loss
>>
>>31987787
hmm
>>
Get a trainer to teach you how to box, if you're serious about it. Otherwise, if you just wanna get fit and don't want to commit to a sport then lift.
>>
>>31991370
How does it feel to get punched? Does it hurt
>>
>>31987109
You look like a fat piece of shit lmfao
>>
>>31987109
You went from a nerdy fat loser

to a ugly, hairy fat loser who pretends to be confident despite still being fat.
>>
>>31991645
Feels painful. You get used to it though.
>>
>>31987109
gr8 b8
>>
This sure derailed pretty fast.
>>
>150+lbs TV
what the fuck year is your tv from??
Also read the fucking sticky fatass
>>
>>31987021
boxing = a sport = athletes = "in shape" people.

fighting clearly interests you because you enjoy the slight buzz of being bigger-framed than most people, yet you are shorter than most people which brings up slight rage. why don't you just join a boxing gym? they will help you at your own level of experience and athleticism. just don't do it to give up on it in the future because of laziness. it's one of the saddest things seeing people brag about boxing experience and then fight time comes and they sob and talk mad garbage after they lost. do it for the love of the sport and keep it in the ring.
>>
>>31987109

Please, please, please be bait. If this is actually you you should just kill yourself. Seriously. Notice how complete strangers take one look at you and think you're a total faggot? Just imagine how horrific it must be for people who actually know you, dear god.
>>
>>31987021

Also, I box OP. I absolutely love it, but if you find a boxing gym membership cost restrictive you might want to go do cardio elsewhere, before joining up. It's a great fucking workout and it will leave you winded.

My gym's in New York, and it costs like $200 a month. The first two months I should have just ran extensively instead of boxing. I was too out of shape to get my money's worth. But, yeah, to answer your question, boxing is awesome and you will certainly lose weight.
>>
File: dino_baby.gif (321 KB, 300x182) Image search: [Google]
dino_baby.gif
321 KB, 300x182
>>31987021
>>31993416
>CRTs

jesus op you shop at goodwill?
>>
>>31987109
dude fucked a couple 4/10s and think he's hot shit. You ain't superman nigga
>>
>>31991645
It's not as bad as you imagine it to be. You see white flashes with each punch and you get scared at first, you barely feel pain.

First time I got clean kicked in the head while sparring I saw white, felt like I was floating horizontally and then somehow managed to keep standing and snapped out of it instead of falling down. I just kept thinking how everyone is watching and how Im gonna dishonor myself if I get KOd, didn't even think about hurting.

But this is in my Slavic club with a coach who's a war criminal and murdered a muslim by stabbing him in the throat with a pitchfork, wherever you're gonna practice it's probably gonna be pussymode with them taking care not to bruise you.
>>
>>31987109
Do you usually wear sunglasses indoors?

You look like a douchebag, don't forget to be humble.
>>
>>31987021
It'll get you fit and make you lose weight definitely

But it won't build you up or get you built. The best you can hope for is a toned chest and some abs.

Source: I've boxed + been into martial arts for the last 6 years, I've finally cut down my boxing to one session a week of sparring so I can actually build myself up with some weights. I'm tired of working hard and putting everything into boxing only to get no sex appeal back, telling QT's I've had some boxing matches helps when trying to chat them up but it doesn't make as hot as the /fit/izen over in the corner who is ripped as fuck.

Boxing will give you confidence though so that'll help your chatting to women gainz, just need to lift some weights so you're the full package Anon.
>>
>>31995511
This guy knows it.

With boxing you won't look good, but you'll probably be able to beat the shit out of 99% you see on the street. Funny thing is you will probably never have to use it because you'll be confident enough and just repel any fights with that confidence, knowing you can curb someones face in magically humbles you down. Unless you're a power abusing piece of shit, then you get stabbed by some skinny kid from behind.
>>
>>31987109
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH

THIS IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU NEWFAGS
>>
Go ahead and box, but dont run around the gym punching invisible ghosts.

There's an autistic guy in my gym who tries to do taekwondo to paych himself up for lifts. He tried to supermong four plates for his dl and failed then proceeded to kick some ghosts.

To be honest tho, cardio and eating is the easiest way to lose fat.
>>
>>31995627
This

People think boxing makes you an arsehole, but it didn't for me. It taught me my limitations and it opened my eyes to how weak I really was.

When you first start boxing you will at some point get your arse handed to you in sparring by someone who fights competitively, when that happens you will know how powerless you truly are. Then you have to choose to stick at it and try to learn what you need to do to improve and get better.

As you get better and start to become the guy beating other people in the gym during sparring you will also start to build true confidence. Once you have a proper match against someone you will learn whether you can take a punch or whether you're a pussy who is too cowardly to put it all on the line.

I've been in trouble a couple of times since starting boxing, people usually backdown when they see you're not intimidated and bursting with confidence that you're not scared of whatever they've got to throw at you.

Before boxing I was shy and weak, and now I'm a good man who is highly confident but still humble. Boxing was the best thing I ever did with my life, it taught me that I'm a fighter and I'd rather keep fighting to the end than let myself go down.

I've lost by decision before and even that didn't bother me, because afterwards I learned that even though I was exhausted I still had the spirit to push myself and keep throwing back to the end, and that's the measure of a man; the world tries to knock you down and no matter what it throws you turn around and say "Fuck you" and throw right back.
>>
I want to start up boxing again at uni but the uni only has a Muay Thai gym. Would you recommend Muay Thai over boxing? I loved the no bullshit aspect of boxing as well as the movements but I'm not sure whether Muay Thai will be too focused on being honorable and shit that other martial arts do.
>>
>>31987021
Kickboxed whole life and I can assure you the level of fitness you'll attain is top quality cardio training.

If you want to lose weoght I'd suggest lifting which burns fat at a greater rate due to the ability to push your body easier etc.

> Diet diet diet diet it's all about your diet
Change your diet to lose weight and get professional help, don't read stickys n internet n expect it to be canon to all. Half the time its bullshit spread by housewifes who are bored and want attention.
>>
>>31987109

Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>31996046
Spend enough time researching and the bullshit is very identifiable.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.