[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /fit/ how many fights you've been in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
You wanna lift wanna be a man but u don't wanna fight? Every man must fight at least 3 times a year
>>
I've helped people out of fights, but I've never been "in" a fight. It's kind of retarded and easily avoidable.
>>
>>31938378
Wtf
>>
>>31938378
Yelling with your mom when she tells you to do your chores isn't a fight OP
>>
>>31938378
I'll shoot in the leg if you try to fight me faggot.
>>
Fighting is the most primal instinct of a MALE
>>
Zero
Never been in a situation where I've had to instigate. Everyone that's tried to start soon backed out. It's quite disappointing really
>>
>>31938459
Actually it'd be killing or fucking. Lets be real you're a virgin and clearly not a murderer.
>>
File: 111111111.jpg (5 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
111111111.jpg
5 KB, 200x150
>>31938378
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>31938434
>>
there are 2 reasons i would punch someone

1. they attack me first
2. they did something to someone i care about or something horrible in general

neither has happened to me ever.
>>
One when I was a teenager and I'm ashamed of it, but I guess if you need to end a fight quickly do what I did - stick your finger in the guys eye.
>>
I don't know, atleast 5 in the last 5 years.
>>
>>31938378
Outside of competition, zero...because I'm not a fucking idiot. In competition, a few thousand.
>>
>>31938588
this
>>
When I was 16-17 my parents went through a divorce and I was sure that they did not love me and at the same time my sister was being hospitalized for an eating disorder that would eventually kill her. I used to not sleep for days at a time, the hallucinations would start after three days, during that time I would go out at night and roam the streets around my neighborhood and assault anybody who was out. I must have hospitalized more than 20 people. I don't go a day without thinking about how awful I am, nobody ever found out. I never told anyone, it was a big city so I guess it made it hard to track? I cant even think about getting into a fight with anyone or that feeling when you are around blood that makes the air taste like metal. The feeling goes in through my nose and then spreads into my body tingling the tips of my fingers and toes and then sticking in my jaw. I don't go a day without thinking of how many peoples lives I could have ruined.
>>
I mostly beat up or restrain assholes at the bar wouldn't call them fights just more or less bouncing but not employed by bar.
people by you drinks for handling stuff sometimes you get the abusive boyfriends and take their chicks home cause their dudes are in jail or unconcious.
Like a bar room superhero
>>
>>31938378
You've never been in a real fight.

Does my dad attacking me with a knife count?
>>
>>31939301
how many people we talking? what was the worst? did you ever get beaten up? what was the criteria for choosing people? would you only go for other guys or old women etc
>>
>>31939674
I don't know I lost track after the first couple months. There was this kid who would hang around the park and snatch peoples purses and shit when they were not looking and so one night when he was out stalking around the walkways in the park I snuck up behind him and pushed his shoulder and when he turned around I caught my knee under his rib cage and he fell backwards and then hit his head on the pavement and I guess was knocked out he didn't put up his arms. I beat his face, he looked like angleface the next time I saw him. Not many people would fight back, just a few people, usually the ones who had knives or guns. There wasn't a process for choosing it was just whoever I came across first.
>>
>>31938378
Sorta. Some middle-aged drunk was sitting next to me and my friends and called my buddy a faggot (not in like a joking way, like in a /pol/ way) . I told him he was a disgrace, He tried to through a haymaker at me while I was standing and he was still sitting on his stool. It didn't do anything, and I punched him in the mouth and tackled him off his stool.

My buddies pulled me off him immediately, and the bartender threw him out. We had a good time afterwards.
>>
>>31939301
That's some good brawling yo
>>
>>31938569
>le fedora man makes your statement/opinion invalid!
>>
>>31940067
yeah it does. i could totally imagine you as a socially awkward, concealed carrying fatass, hence the stereotype
>>
How do I fight?
I saw a fight a few weeks ago between a pushover skeleton vs a fatty and the skeleton got fucking pounded then slammed into the pavement and kicked repeatedly.

I realized that if I ever fought IRL I would probably be a pushover too.
>>
>>31940115
Lol not the same guy. This is what arguments/debates have come to.

also
>not having a CC permit
>>
>>31940137
>>/asp/
>>
>>31939301

I was like this before I started competing in powerlifting.
I had this shitty fire inside me, that felt like I would jump out of my skin, I couldn't bear it.
Every single thing about a person or even a thing that ticked me off, I could not hold in without starting to pulverize it. I would literally start smashing until the fire felt out.
>>
>>31940115
Everyone I know who carries is a fucking weird, borderline autistic faggot that still clings on to childhood fantasies of heroically killing people. Usually scrawny white guys that never actually grew up in a violent environment.

By the way, I live in America and I have three guns. A Ruger 10-22 that I love plinking with, a Sig Saur P226 and a Springfield M1903, plus my two air rifles that I actually shoot more often than my "real" guns, because boolets are expensive.

Pic related, it's what the average guy who carries looks and acts like.
>>
File: workingclassscum.jpg (25 KB, 600x455) Image search: [Google]
workingclassscum.jpg
25 KB, 600x455
>>31938378
>there are people who actually believe this
>>
>>31940001

dude you're crazy. The fact that you may have destroy some people's life doesn't bother you ?
>>
>>31940167
but they'll tell me to join an mma gym. I want to know the mindset IRL, not in a ring.
>>
>>31938378
Probably once a month outside of martial arts, as I go out with friends that often
>go out
>do BB so I'm bigger than most people who go out drinking
>I also enter county competitions in martial arts (not naming martial art because you guys will back trace me if I dun goof and tell you)
>always get the taller breeds of manlets approach me and try to prove themselves
>did I mention that I don't drink? I don't drink, don't enjoy it, don't see the point
>usually get shoved
>ok
>they swing
>I block, trap arm and push them over with ease
>people laugh
>bouncers see situation now, if anything they know I'm not the aggressor
>manlet gets up
>for some reason they always try to shove you
>grip them
>their first reaction is to grip back
>superior posterior chain means they can't pull you down
>let go and palm strike to chin
>hit them a bit more and they fall to the floor
>bouncer takes them away
>get lectured by strangers on how I might hit the wrong person and their friends might try something
I've had someone's friends try shit as well, most won't do anything, sometimes someone steps forward, you floor them and the others back off

Happens roughly every time I go out, I'd recommend that anyone who lifts and hits intermediate should learn some self defence and stick with it for a year, a month of classes will teach you to throw a proper punch, 6 will teach you how to react to being attacked and a year will make it somewhat ingrained into you so you don't flail to defend yourself when being attacked.
1/2
>>
Apart from me just punching other teenagers who had zero chance because I was both tall and fat as a teen, I have been in one real fight when I was 15 or 16 with another guy about my age.

He was seen as the toughest guy in our yeat and he started it etc and we were doing evenly before it was broken up etc. Frankly I don't see it as an indication of anything. /fit/ pretends that fixing one aspect of your life (e.g. fitness, or I'm sure in this topic toughness or whatever) will automatically lead to you fixing everything else but that's utter bullshit. I was tough at that point and stood up for myself etc but it translates nowhere (not saying I'm shit in every other way but that incident meant nothing afterwards).

Thankfully I stopped being involved in any of that young enough so that there was never any danger of police etc getting involved, and young enough to write it off as dumb youth rather than the real me.
>>
>>31938434
How many people have you shot? I'm betting on zero. I fucking hate when edgy Amerifats on the internet talk about shooting people like it was a casual solution to something when they've never shot anyone and have likely never been in a violent situation once in their lives outside of a few schoolyard scuffles.
>>
>>31938459
I'm pretty sure my sex drive is more primal and characteristically masculine than my desire for violent outlets. You have to learn to fight, but thrusting your cock into open holes is practically burned into your DNA.
>>
>>31940257
Uhh, ever CCer I know is either dadcore, or totally normal. Some of my friends who graduated college have them, and they are pretty average. Most guys probably don't even tell anyone about their permit.
Where do you live?
>>
>>31940303
There's no fucking difference. There is only those who spar. And those who don't. Any person who tells you their system of fighting is "for the mean streets and not for competition" (and therefore "too dangerous to practice full contact") is bullshitting you.

People say learn to box, learn to wrestle, and learn to grapple because those three things WORK. And you'll learn more about the mindset needed for combat through training in those things than you'll ever get out of snake oil.
>>
>>31940001
How big and tall are you?
How strong were you back then?
Ever learned how to fight or just instincts?
>>
Continued from >>31940308

Don't do Boxing (doesn't apply to general fisticuffs but is a solid chest/cardio workout and builds endurance), Krav Maga (waste of time and more of a confidence builder than anything), Judo (the grappling just doesn't work in real life, competitions yes, irl no) or Karate (isn't particularly broad, doesn't help you outside of karate competitions)

Do
>kickboxing (surprisingly useful, sparring is also good fun)
>jun fan jeet kune do (think if krav maga wasn't made by a dipshit, but Bruce Lee, and it all has very real world application because he refined it, I've trained in this for a while)
>MMA (training can involve most methods of fighting, and you will toughen up in sparring because getting punched isn't pleasant but you need to learn to take a punch)

I don't know what people are like where you all live, but someone will try and hit you if you are bigger than them, like I said:
>I'd recommend that anyone who lifts and hits intermediate should learn some self defence
Assuming you hit intermediate, you will start getting big, you don't want to be caught off guard and be known as the big guy with a glass jaw.

Lifting does not automatically mean you can fight by any means, but it will certainly help if you aren't weak when you start learning self defence, solid abs won't do shit for you if you get stabbed.
>>
>>31940348
Most people I know who have their permit are totally normal, but people who actually make a point of carrying (and are outspoken about it) are quite often like >>31940257 's stereotype (in my experience)

I rarely carry. I have my CC permit so I can keep my gun in my car.
>>
>>31938465
I used to get in fights a lot when I went to a public school in West Long Beach. Now I'm going to a University in a pretty decent neighborhood and I don't have to get into fights anymore because I no longer have to deal with ignorant sub humans in my day-to-day life.

Also, OP is a fag.
>>
>>31940353
But I see niggers rek people by throwing haymakers, plus my jaw is fucked from chewing too much gum as a kid.

You either fight on instinct or you don't fight. I fear I don't have that instinct and want to activate it. I kickboxed for like 2 months in high school if that counts for anything.
>>
>>31940348
Flagstaff, Arizona.

>>31940391
I think I might be down to have a pistol tucked in the trunk of my car, but there's no way I could deal with the stress of actually carrying it on my person.
>>
>>31940353
Dude thank you. People who won't practice the style of fighting they claim because "they're afraid they'll kill you" are unskilled edgelords that have never been in a fight.
>>
>>31940423
Niggers rek people with haymakers who don't know how to defend themselves from haymakers.

If you really think there's some instinctual "swtich" that you need to flip before you can learn to fight, where are you going to learn to flip it better than a boxing gym?

Yes, that's a rhetorical question.
>>
>>31938588
This
>>
>>31939516
being this beta white knight
>>
>>31940446
This. It's really adolescent to assume that, despite having no experience fighting, you'll flip some sort of switch and instantly become an MMA champion because of "rage" or some other pointless delusion like that. If you want to be confident with how well you're going to perform in something, you need to practice it, otherwise you're just talking out your ass.
>>
File: 1394397605069.png (412 KB, 429x449) Image search: [Google]
1394397605069.png
412 KB, 429x449
The only people I ever fought were my brothers. We stopped when we all started moving out to go to school and work.

We had some mean fucking fights though. No rules. I hit my younger brother in the face with a golf club. And I've got 5 very visible scars on my face.
>>
>>31940425
I commute through bad neighborhoods (hello, Chicago) but yeah I don't really have anywhere to bring a gun outside of my car. I don't hang out anywhere where I

A)am permitted to carry it
B)would think I'd have a chance in hell of needing it, or
C) both A and B
>>
>>31940425
I thought so. Texas/New Mexico/Arizona has a neckbeard problem.
>>
>>31939516
> Being an adult
> Still having fantasies about beating a guy up and having his girl suddenly want to fuck you
> Telling the stories online like people are going to believe you

Nigger are you 12?
>>
>>31939301
You just made me think about that dude who has a borderline abusive and raging alcoholic dad. It is heavily implied that one day his dad returned home shitfaced and full of drunken rage, tried to take it out on his mom, but my friend instead beat the shit out of his dad. I guess his dad just woke up the next day with a black eye and the most killer headache of his life.
>>
>>31940479
I feel like I missed out on so much mental toughening because I'm an only child. In retrospect, it probably would have been a good thing in the long run to fight with a brother or two and get my ass beat once in a while.

But hey, at least I'm not as autistic as the vast majority of single children are :^)
>>
>>31940479
>I hit my younger brother in the face with a golf club.

Taking Malcolm (in the middle) to a next level.
>>
>>31939516
I used to be a delusional douche like you. But then I gave up the hero syndrome. Life is a lot more enjoyable when you no longer think you're the lone good guy in a sea of jerks and "abusive boyfriends."

I bet you use the term friend zone without a shred of irony.
>>
>>31940512
Fighting with your brothers is not normal you know. I have two siblings, the only thing that happened was that I went to high school in the evening and they went in the morning, they got to hang out and I didn't, since then I hardly ever hang out or even talk to them while they talk with each other pretty often.
>>
File: 1410847591774.png (374 KB, 449x451) Image search: [Google]
1410847591774.png
374 KB, 449x451
>>31940536
It's funny you'd say that, because other kids in the neighborhood said that the writers of that show probably knew our family.

One time my older brother and I fought over the last milk in the fridge. I kicked him in the balls, ran down to my room and locked the door. He took a baseball bat and smashed the door. I had to jump out of the window and sleep at a friend's house till my father could assure me that my brother wouldn't kill me.
>>
>>31940481
>tfw guns are banned in the dangerous land that is Mexico

Well shit, guess I'm going to have to settle for armoring my car.
>>
>>31940564
Just hop that border and join the party, amigo
>>
>>31938545
I'd say eating and fucking.

Source: University certified biologist
>>
>>31940551
>Fighting with your brothers is not normal you know

Fuck yes it is. And looking at the brothers I knew growing up, the ones who fought the hardest have the strongest bond as adults.
>>
>>31940679
So that's why I'm so distant with my brother?

>tfw youth wasted on doing nothing with him
>>
File: image001.png (77 KB, 197x230) Image search: [Google]
image001.png
77 KB, 197x230
>>31938378
>>
>>31940384
So in what way would traditional boxing be ineffective in a real fight while kickboxing is not? That's a retarded opinion
>>
>>31940693
Most likely. No matter what people tell you, fighting is an intimate experience. You learn eachothers weaknesses and strengths. You truly get to know eachother on a whole different level.

Brothers who don't fight essentially grow up to be strangers.
>>
>>31940783
>Brothers who don't fight essentially grow up to be strangers.

can confirm.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.