[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fa/ life lessons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: pizza by rick owens.jpg (180 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
pizza by rick owens.jpg
180 KB, 1280x960
ITT: post useful things you learnt from /fa/

hardmode: post things that are true and not an ironic snarky shitpost

>achieving self-confidence is as simple as buying a pair of glasses that fit your face shape

>most girls and homos don't actually know shit about fashion

>neither does most of /fa/

>style=/=trend
>>
No matter what you look like you're either a manlet, skeletal, fat, or a nigger
>>
>>9742233
true
>>
everyone's a cuck, whatever that may be
>>
>>
>>9742218
All of this.

>Street wear is for chavs who think they aren't chavs and have a bit of money.

>Wealthcore threads are filled with people that don't understand your principles/attitude are as much a vital accessory in your wealthcore attire as your watch or bag.
>>
Ethically produced clothing should trump other considerations.

The aesthetic should not overshadow the practical, and practicality does not mean you lose some aesthetic.

The term "designer" is a gyp if a designer's clothes are produced in the same awful conditions as anywhere else.
>>
>>9742868
More on the wealthcore thing please, what do you mean?
>>
>>9742918
Not that anon, but, speaking as a Britbong (the fact that chav was used indicates they might be one as well), in the UK the notion of 'wealth' or 'income' is not entirely analogous to 'class' (by that I mean social hierarchy).

The notion of class and class divide is far more prevalent as a feature of the UK than it is in the US. It isn't simply one's income level or the attire they have on display that indicates their social standing (although it's a constituent part). It is, however, also your mannerisms, your philosophies, your speech patterns, your taste in décor, your diet, your gait, employment right down to the title of your role, education and a hundred other things.

Any pleb with cash in hand can buy expensive items, including clothing. However, if, assuming, they had nothing else, they were thrust into a specific social environment alien to their comfort zone they would be quickly sniffed out.

It isn't just about money.
>>
>>9742904
I think they meant

>Wealthcore threads THAT* are filled with people that don't understand your principles/attitude are as much a vital accessory in your wealthcore attire as your watch or bag.

Basically "You should have haters who don't get it and are out of it that you can feel superior over"
>>
>>9742233
What about a white 6'2" /fit/izen
>>
Go somewhere else to talk about girl clothes

Buying stuff on EBay is OK
>>
>>9742273
>tfw skinnyfat
>>
That i should still try even if i'm ugly from the face.
>>
OK.
It introduced me to Martin Margiela, Raf Simons, Rick Owens, Ann Demeulemeester, Carol Christian Poell and the rest of them.

I dressed in Armani, Ralph Lauren and stuff with logos on it, kind of slav-wealthcore if someone understands. It started to bore me to be this fake person with no personality at all, I just did it to show that I have money (3rd world country standards).

I like /fa/, despite all the shitposting and tripfags, you shouldn't take /fa/ too seriously tho...
>>
>>9742273
On mine I jut looked it up it says I'm healthy??? What
>>
>>9743118
I'm not sure what you're saying. What's wrong?
>>
>confidence is what makes an outfit work
>silhouettes, colour and fitting is more important than the brand
>people who doesn't know how clothes are made don't have the right to talk about advanced fashion like haute couture, quality and prices
>having taste and style is more important and valuable than following a trend
>clothes aren't the only thing to be fashionable
>>
>>9742218
>post useful things you learnt from /fa/

fit, quality

over price and quantity

---------------

difference between tech fabrics isn't that big
even low end tech fabrics from places with the warranty > fashion oriented trad fabrics

polyester clothing should only be in low end athletic wear since it tends to stink in the summer, and prevents circulation

but wicks moisture excellently

drawbacks don't matter in the gym/on a road bike

but is hefty when sitting in an office

/fa/ has taught me more about clothes than I care to admit, can no longer "just go to the store and buy shit I like"

/fa/ has been useless these last 3 years or so
>>
>>9742990
This, so much this
>>
>>9742273
>bmi
>>9742233
Not me lmao
>>9742218
Gays pretty much only understand how prep works. Girls pretty much don't understand anything ever.
>>
>>9742990
Chavs with money spend it better though. Exuberance is too funny not to yolo over if you're new money. Mike Jones knows how dumb the shit is that he buys, it's the fact that he can waste money on dumb shit that makes it awesome.
>>
B.E yourself!
>>
>>9742273
soon (tm)
>>
WAYWTS have taught me the most important fucking thing:

your hair and your face(AND YOUR FUCKING PERSONALITY) has to match your fit
>>
/fa/ is good for certain things, but don't ever let /fa/ decide what you wear. Learn a thing or two about fashion, designers, styles, trends, etc. and then use that knowledge while you're shopping to buy things you like regardless of whether or not someone has posted a picture of it on /fa/.
>>
>>9743176
I don't wear any synthetics but nylon and spandex. Poly feels nasty. I don't understand people who say they hate how linen and wool feel but wear polyester. Linen and wool feel just fine. Polyester feels like incredibly high grain sand paper pulling all your hairs out and sticking to your elbows.
>>
>>9743266
I agree
>>
>>9743266
Good tips
>>
>>9743282
Fuck off to reddit you dumb cunt
>>
>>9743266
Dubs speak the truth
>>
>>9743266
Nice dubs lol
>>
>>9743266
These are words to live by
>>
>>9743235
Thus entrenching him in his social class.
>>
>>9743266
>>9743282
>>9743287
>>9743293
>>9743308
>>9743318

le master trole :^)
>>
>>9743328
Who cares about social class when you tippin'? With wood grain you grippin'? You can keep your class, it sounds like a drag to me.
>>
>>9743014
You replied to the wrong person, but I completely agree.
Very funny to read through the threads, you can just tell when a poorboi doesn't get it.
>>
>>9742233
>this is what (white) uggos believe
>>
File: Good Advice.png (48 KB, 1451x291) Image search: [Google]
Good Advice.png
48 KB, 1451x291
this is such a helpful tip, honestly.
>>
>>9743180
>this so much this
>reddit
>>
>>9743016
Oh that's right, he forgot fag. It's okay, cuck also covers you too though.
>>
File: onii-sama.jpg (75 KB, 364x320) Image search: [Google]
onii-sama.jpg
75 KB, 364x320
Becoming fashionable won't make up for the fact you're an insecure asspie who can't approach, let alone talk to, the ladies.
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 720x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 720x504
>>9743125
This chart says I'm healthy but the other one didn't
>>
>>9742218
Being a trendsetter is easy that most people will never become one, it's like philosophical alchemy, turning shit into gold with your own subjective taste. If you can confidently and loudly do something that's out of the norm, everyone will copy you and think that thing that you just put together is cool and it will spread like cancer and create a tree of novelty in the universe. Either that or you'll get beat up.
>>
>>9743078
If your face is really ugly and bizarre count it as a blessing, and try to bring as much emphasis to your strange and exotic head thing.
>>
>>9744033
>calling women "the ladies"
>>
>>9744162
I like to call women "doggys", and throw them a bone for their obedience and good behavior.
>>
>>9744162
Oh shit, can we not do that now??

I haven't been keeping up with it all, please don't report me to the feminist thought police.
>>
>>9742273
What a shitty post.
I know some 200+ pound men <15.5 BMI.
BMI != weight, fags.
>>
>>9742233
>tfw black manlet ex-obese now skeleton with extra skin hanging.
>>
>>9744040
the joke is that you have to be unhealthy skinny to be considered normal weight on this board.

6'4" 150 checking in
>>
>>9743241
/jezebel/
>>
>>9742918
I made the post regarding wealthcore threads, but >>9742990 basically has it. I was explaining to a European friend (also, Britain doesn't class itself as European - I can explain this if you like) the other day the differences between the three classes and middle class sub-classes, it can get rather complicated.

To truly be wealthcore, you must to aspire to be a gentleman or a lady, not some brute with a pile of money. You must be humble, well educated/read, well spoken, well nourished, confident. The list goes on. They say prince Philip is only ever seen with his hands behind his back, not a common position to stand in, right? Well that's because he's not common, he never has to open a door for himself or butter his own toast! It's tiny details like this that make you stand out. Truly wealthy people, people who've had money in the family for generations, who go to Eton and Oxford, know that they are of the ruling population. They are bred/educated to be and are told so from day one; being that way comes with the confidence of not even having to think about it.

If you merely want to dress wealthcore, without the attitude, then apply those qualities I mentioned before to your clothes. Depending on your budget, in the UK Charles Tyrwhitt is a good place to start because when you see their clothes you see good quality. Those clothes aren't loud and pompous or thin and lacking substance: they're refined, as the person wearing them should be.

When I look in wealthcore threads I groan a lot and want to have this conversation with the Anons: /watch?v=FBnka9mnv28
>>
>>9744456
Most wealthy girl I've ever known was doing A levels at Marlborough college, wore hard wearing wellies every day, very subtle gold jewellery that probably cost more than my entire wardrobe and once told me in complete earnestness "I'm so happy daddy is away this Christmas because it means I get to spend it in the stables".

She's not what I usually see in the threads. But now I've grown to associate wealthcore threads with the kind of loud new money people that would brand themselves as wealthcore.
>>
>>9744470
Quite, I'm not surprised. Of course there will always be exceptions to the rules. Truly spoilt toffs doing whatever they want and being cunts etc, but they're still different than new money. They know the full extent of their actions and what they can get away with, they're often children. When you get new money abusing servants or what have you, it's because they think "they're only the help, I pay them, I can do what the fuck I like". They soon forget that these people are the team you need to tend to your estate, children and so on in order for you to keep making/enjoying your money! Shameful.
>>
>>9743964
Lol why? This a basic term in whole 3+1Chanel
>>
>>9744355
What was wrong with that?
>>
>>9743118
you can't be this retarded..that chart is a joke. The obese part of the scale is actually normal range lmao
>>
>>9744456
Prince Phillip is a whipped faggot and Charles Tryhard is shit
>>
>>9744470
I went to a school in switzerland through a scholarship, i'm not poor but next to the students there I would have been lower class... My mum is a geologist and my dad owns a construction company. comfortable but i'll still need to work :)

What struck me was that showing off any brands was looked down upon heavily. Taking photos of your wealth was the biggest turn off. It's like us regular joes taking photos of our new ralph lauren polos or iphones, like every fucker you know has it so it's not special and embarrassing. There were a lot of snobby assholes but i did make friends with great, humble people.

A lot of my friends ended up working in charities and taking art degrees and creating art. One guy dresses like a hobo, and lives in SEA, he could probably buy a few towers in SEA. But he helps kids and donates a ton from the interest on his trust fund. Happiest guy i know. I went over there and he bought a boat and we sailed the coast, picked up tourists we liked along the way and ended up with a group of 25 people from every continent.

In contrast, i was in tokyo and i ran into this asshole using his fathers mining money. High class prostitutes on each arm. reluctantly followed him to a club. shouts the whole club, pasty as fuck white slutty tourists are all over us. take them back to the penthouse, drugs, he managed to convince one girl to put a bottle of water up her vagina for 10k.
>mfw she does it
>mfw friend gives her money and feels disgusted by her
>kicks her out after

Money is fucking poison if you let it get to your head even for a bit.
>>
"Don't wear anything you wouldn't wear in front of your grandpa"
>>
>>9742273
Jesus Christ this is bad. Who thought this was a good Idea?

Work out more, /fa/
>>
>>9745253
This is actually perfect advice for all the hypebeat/fuccbois out there.
>>
>>9745151
...Damn Dude
>>
>most girls and homos don't actually know shit about fashion

So fucking true.
>>
>>9744236
uh to have a bmi of 15.9 at 200 lbs you would have to be 7 ft 10 inches

i think yr a bit confused on what bmi is
>>
>>9744162
>calling womyn "women"
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.