[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sure many of you own some higher end clothing. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1418208958520.jpg (65 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
1418208958520.jpg
65 KB, 466x700
I'm sure many of you own some higher end clothing. What do you do to keep them clean? How often do you wash? What do you do to keep them from distorting while washing/drying?

Pic somewhat related
>>
I dry clean stuff like silk or fragile items and outerwear. I hand wash everything else in cold water. Outerwear and pants only need to be washed if you get them dirty or you've sweated a ton in them.
>>
what do you guys do for woolens?
>>
i never wash shit
rotate and be careful of not spilling anything on them
t shirts and underwear are the only things i wash
>>
>>9737638

handwash most of my shit in cold water once every month or so.

as >>9737689 said, rotate and be careful not to stain anything you wear. minimizes the need to wash things. undershirts, socks and underwear should be about the only things you wash regularly.
>>
>>9737638
follow the care tags idiot
>>
>>9738323
>undershirts
What do you do if you sweat easily and layering tshirts will make you very hot
I don't own any high end designer, i want to plan for when I do
>>
i piss on my carol christian poell leather jacket to get sick fadez
>>
>>9737638
Wash it on a wool cycle in the machine, yolo etc.
>>
The only expensive articles of clothing I own are 5 bespoke tailored Saville Row suits and several bespoke shirts that I keep in rotation. I take the suits in to dry clean every 4 months or so and launder my shirts at home with everything else every 3-5 wears.

Everything else I own is cheap as dicks from H&M so idgaf.
>>
for designer tee's, which im not as careful with, i just wash on delicate cold/cold and i hang them to try, never tumble.

anything else i either hand wash or don't wash and just rotate. nothing smells or even looks worn, im lucky i live in a cold climate where sweating virtually doesnt exist.
>>
I just handwash everything delicate / expensive wool shit / silk shit in a bucket. I just wash / dry everything else in the machine.

I basically never wash outerwear / pants.
>>
>>9738356
anti-perspirant?
>>
>>9741644
If he buys higher end clothing wouldn't that still leave stains due to the aluminum in the anti perspirant?
>>
>>9742023
there are aluminum free alternatives
>>
Hand wash cotton stuff, dry clean sensitive stuff. If there's no clear readable instructions on the caretags I usually don't wash it.

In general I don't spill shit on any of my clothing. You're probably grown so you know when and when not to wear your designer shit. If you're partying, spending time with family on an outing or some shit it's probably not smart to wear your pristine rick owens raf simmons.
>>
>>9742094
do you guys never wear your coolest clothes when going out partying? I don't own any real designer clothes as of yet (V Ave S.R. bomber jacket doesn't count) but I feel like I'd want to be on top of my game when going out
>>
>>9737638
cold hand wash with wool soap then hang dry with a cold fan on it
>>
>>9742098
I never do that tbh

ofc it depends, if you're just gonna hang out at a friends place i'd just dress in what I feel like

But if you're going out to the club or whatever don't take your best stuff.. at least when it comes to outerwear and shoes, since you're likely to hand it in to the wardrobe and no good shoes that you can't replace for obvious reasons

nice shirts and such is fine if you can handle alcohol
>>
>>9737638
some of the higher quality stuff can stand up to wear an tear

like alot of my hermes shit used to be stored on the floor in college

the lower quality stuff (rick owens, h&m, alexander wang, t by alexander wang) will fall apart if you look at it wrong

those cheaper materials also tend to pick p stains more easily
>>
>>9737638
i fucked up my all white hi top janoskis and theyre dirty now
just gonna act like i did it on purpose and am going for the worn look

mfw ;_;
>>
>>9744063
>owning janoskis
>>
Where the fuck can i buy that thing where it hangs clothes like the one in the picture?

I need one.

Idk what's it called tho
>>
>being this delicate with clothes

i like my clothes to be beat up
>>
>>9745667
a clothes rack?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.