[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: unnamed.jpg (48 KB, 548x287) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
48 KB, 548x287
Is Nike Run the best stuff on the market?
>>
Probably not. I use Ronhill shorts, Saucony shoes and literally any shirt.
>>
File: adidas-sl72-7.jpg (181 KB, 1100x702) Image search: [Google]
adidas-sl72-7.jpg
181 KB, 1100x702
>>9733149
i cant run in shoes with cushion for some reason, i recommend these adidas sl-72's, might make you look retarded but by far the most comfortable running shoe i have ever worn.

>source: i came in 1st for mens 20-25 in both the miami marathon and southernmost marathon

pic very related
>>
>>9733149
nike is shit, go adidas
>>
>>9733149
i am assuming you are talking about shoes because any shirt that breathes and doesn't chafe your skin is fine

as far as the shoes go, they are said to be overrated and far from the best. people have a lot of negatives to say but the general consensus seems to be that you're paying a lot more for marketing and shit when you're buying nike over new balance or brooks or some other shit, and that you should go to a proper running shop to buy shoes

on the other hand, im on my second pair of nike frees (flyknit 4.0s, first pair was the 2014 free 5.0s) and they have been fine for me. my first pair gave me a foot injury after a year, because they were worn out and i continued running on them. i averaged 15 miles a week for the whole year, i do not know how that mileage/life compares to other shoes.

i buy the nikes over nb/brooks so i can wear them with some fits
>>
>he doesn't run in tailor made oxfords
>>
File: Costa Rica_flag.jpg (5 KB, 384x230) Image search: [Google]
Costa Rica_flag.jpg
5 KB, 384x230
>>9733181

>le costa rican shoes
>>
File: Ryan-colorado.jpg (804 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Ryan-colorado.jpg
804 KB, 900x600
>>9733149
I can tell you don't run much.

What kind of running?

Long distance: New Balance, Asics, Saucony, Brooks, Hoka, Mizuno

Trail Running: New Balance, Inov-8, Merrel. Salomon, La Sportiva

Short Distance/Sprinting: Nike, Adidas, Asics

Shit tier: Underarmor, Pearl Izumi, Montrail

They're not effay brands, but if you're talking strictly running these are to look out for.
>>
File: IMG_0228.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0228.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
i ran a marathon with ultra flat nikes yesterday

tennis shoes or something

don't do it
>>
>>9733149
No
>>
>>9733279
thought minmalist running was all the rage
>>
File: image.jpg (357 KB, 1382x922) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
357 KB, 1382x922
>>9733253
>puma isn't even on the list

Unsurprised to be honest but I've heard good things about the ignite
>>
>>9733299

Ah I completely forgot about Puma. But I honestly never see anybody running in Puma to even have an opinion. It's not bad at anything, kind of in a grey area.
>>
>>9733297
what would you know about running you fat piece of shit
>>
>>9733149
Run barefoot.

Running shoes are 100% marketing.
>>
>>9733149
Get shoes that fit your feet, brand isn't a huge deal, as long they are an established running brand. But, if you have high arches, get arch support. If your ankles pronate, get shoes with cushion. If you are serious about running, you won't care about being effay.
>>
>>9733343
i don't run from anything ree

my address is public come on down for some free bullets
>>
I've posted this at length before so I'll just tldr it

Don't buy running shoes for the brand buy them because they feel good to you and match what you specialize in (sprints, off road, distance etc). Don't dismiss brands just because they're popular either. Just because nike/adidas are widely available dosent make them automatically shit. Buying NB/asics/brooks/saucony/mizuno doesn't make you an elite runner. Basically wear what feels good whatever brand it is don't be an autist
>>
>>9733393
so you don't know anything about running
got it

thanks for contributing to the thread loser
>>
>>9733348
>100% marketing
>go outside, run barefoot
>end up with foot full of glass, debris
uhh

>>9733428
>thanks for contributing to the thread loser
he contributed more than you did, please drop your trip already

>>9733399
A RAY OF SUNSHINE
>>
>bought a gyak jacket for running
>too much of a bitch to run in it because I know I'll splatter mud on it in the trail section of my route.

Some one post the tfw running guy at the party
>>
>>9733279
you live in Manchester?
>>
have you ever run seriously before? That wasn't meant to be sarcastic or rude, but for long distances and serious running, nike isn't even close. You see athletes wearing it because nike endorses them. Saucony, brooks, newtons, are all very un fa but are very good running shoes, I ran my last marathon in a pair of saucony and I train in brooks, Im not a huge fan of newton but in the running world they are highly regarded
>>
>>9733974
also forgot to mention, you do not want a running shoe that is bulky and has a big cushion
>>
>>9733510
yeah

uom rpz
>>
>>9733336
>forgetting usain bolt
>>
File: 66-bolt-rt.jpg (52 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
66-bolt-rt.jpg
52 KB, 620x465
>>9734413
>>
If you want actual shoes for sprinting, it was Reebok or Adidas who made the shoes Usain ran in -- and they're like, 6 or 8 ounces in weight.
>>
>>9733181
you run in this shit?
fuck man, people do weird shit
I run 5 miles a day out on the trail in flyknit free's lol, it's terrible.
>>
>>9734752
shitpost
>>
Nike never was the best

if you go to a running comp you will see 20 times more asics than nikes

also every foot is different, go to one of them stores where they can analyze your foot to get the best shoes for you
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.