[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minimalist tattoos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
What does /fa/ think of minimalistic tattoos? Been thinking of getting a small, simple tattoo on my forearm
>>
>>9714278
>upperclass triangle
>>
The only thing more uninteresting and classless than 'minimalistic' tattoos like OPs, is the personalities of the people who get them.

For fuck sake, it's a triangle. Can you be less creative?
>>
File: G9AG.png (420 KB, 555x558) Image search: [Google]
G9AG.png
420 KB, 555x558
OC
>>
>>9714284
>>9714298
Okay, I get that the triangle's bland and all, but tattoos like pic related, I don't want anything complex or flashy, I'm just not into that aesthetic
>>
>>9714314
being excessivley featureless and this bastardised version of minimalist is equally as try-hard as flashy, gaudy shit

how can you not understand this?
>>
>>9714278
Most Tattoo artists will tell you to fuck off if you ask for one
>>
>>9714330
So what would you suggest? Or is your general opinion on tattoos just that they're 'try-hard'?
>>
>>9714345

Get an anchor or a big ship.

I think it fits you.
>>
>>9714278
Do you know anything about minimalism? If you really want it just draw a triangle wherever you want it on your skin and redo it whenever it begins to fade to see if you actually want it
>>
File: tumblr_mqih4crIoD1qz6f9yo1_1280.jpg (209 KB, 550x825) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqih4crIoD1qz6f9yo1_1280.jpg
209 KB, 550x825
>>
Ridiculous, ewww.
>>
File: tumblr_n2jt7wCQDJ1rcl722o1_500.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2jt7wCQDJ1rcl722o1_500.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
>>
File: a.jpg (35 KB, 445x600) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
35 KB, 445x600
>>
Is a Basquiat crown tacky?
>>
I like this design a lot, but I can never decide where to put it and how big it would be.
>>
>>9714409
if you're white maybe
>>
>>9714278
They're horrendous, the current equivalent of 90's tribal tattoos. Those with tattoos that bear any sort of personal meaning or significance will loathe you.
>>
just marker that shit on every morning
>>
tell me a good reason to get a tattoo? there's none except for jail
>>
>>9714397
This is really cool actually. Most planet tattoos make you come off like an astrology tryhard, but this is really fun.
>>
>>9714432
Well if you've never lived yeah, you're right.

If you've loved, lost, had faith in something, done anything in your life significant and worth remembering, then there's plenty of reasons.
>>
>>9714443
Or if you're just a fan of body art. I don't see why people can't understand this. Some people just want tattoos for the fun of it. I don't even have tattoos but I don't see why there's such a problem with them or why they get so much hate on /fa/
>>
>>9714439
I like how it includes the outer planets and dwarf planets. Like you can add on to it whenever a new one is discovered
>>
File: prison6russia.jpg (184 KB, 940x1413) Image search: [Google]
prison6russia.jpg
184 KB, 940x1413
>>9714432
Or being in a gang, yakuza tattoos are amazing but so are Russian prison tattoos, almost makes me wish I went to prison back in the motherland.
>>
>>9714473
well it's kinda like dressing like a punk for the fun off it or wearing skater clothes though you're not a skater, both or these things were frowned upon before they became socially acceptable (punk kid to a lesser extent). Same thing for tattoos, you used to have to earn them but now it's just a fun thing to do and that pisses off the older generations of tattooed people.
>>
>>9714494
Old tattooed punk here.

This thread pisses me off.
>>
>>9714499
post pic faggot
>>
>>9714418
forearm
>>
>>9714499
take a fucking shower
>>
>>9714499

Fuck these tattoos, they are all tumblr tattoo inspo from edgy tumblerinas who think they live such a cool lifestyle

Rule of thumb for tattoos: Don't get black clipart tattooed on yourself
>>
>>9714443
if its worth remembering you dont need a tattoo to remember it
>>
>>9715046
ya so fuck photo albums fuck souvenirs fuck all that shit you can remember it, who needs mementos right? Idiot.
>>
>>9715035
edge
>>
>>9714443
lmfao i love when people say shit like this

as if tattoos are so inspirational and fantastical. that they're too deep for us simple-minded blankskins.
>>
>>9714278
>What does /fa/ think of minimalistic tattoos?

my opinion is: either go full sleeve and go crazy or don't have any tattoo (best option).
>>
>>9715035
this. you're in one basket with certain shitty youtube vloggers if you actually consider that.

they'd call you "such a nerd XD" for getting inked with weird minimalist symbols.

I think mnmlst bullshit should be outlawed. same thing with watches, you shitty movado, bauhaus and mvmt faggots.
>>
>>9714397
5/5 bretty good
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 251x190) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 251x190
For his birthday four years ago, I got my ex bf a tattoo. He got pic related on his wrist, just the outlines done in black. As far as meme tattoos go, it's good one because to anyone who doesn't know what it means it's just a minimalist edgy tattoo.

Will try to get him to send me a pic of it later.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 377x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 377x332
>>9715244
Sorry, wrong image, he got this one. Would defeat the point if it was a correct triforce.
>>
>>9715253
oh my gosh so he got a triforce as a 4chan reference? that's more cringe-y than getting it as a zelda reference
>>
>>9715323
Yep. The whole experience taught me I never want a tattoo with meaning. Aesthetic purposes only. He's lucky it can be passed off as just a bunch of triangles.

After we broke up I posted him on /r9k/ and /b/. Felt good. We cool now tho.
>>
>>9715035
EDGE
D
G
E
>>
>>9715337
damn you're a bitch.
>>
>>9715408
We've since sat down and had a giggle at the screenshots but, yes, I am a massive cunt tbh.
>>
>>9714300
Dank.
>>
>>9714494
How do you "earn" something that has to be physically ingrained in your own skin by someone else? It's not like earning a physique through exercise. Getting a tattoo is a choice.
>>
>>9714300
kek
>>
>>9714409
I dunno. I have one on my leg. I feel like its probably tacky.
>>
>>9714401
Hate this...
>>
>>9714418
forearm and not too big
it should not extend too wide to intrude on the curve of the edges of your arm
just balance it between your wrist and elbow and the edges of your arm
>>
>>9714443
>if you've had the same experience as every other human being on earth has had, you should document it
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.