[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ysl boots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: 1408280680906.jpg (212 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
1408280680906.jpg
212 KB, 700x467
everyone knows not to cop out on chelsea boots, these YSL boots i've fallen in love with, but not gonna pay like £900 for them because i wear through shoes so easily, is it worth buying it fake? Also how legit is this site?

http://www.ioffer.com/i/yves-saint-laurent-men-s-fashion-western-cowboy-boots-583429495?i=202061059
>>
>>9695469
if you wear through boots easily then you definitely shouldnt get fakes?
>>
>>9695469
NEVER buy low quality chelseas, you will not enjoy
>>
>>9695477
well i go through heels really badly, i always just reheel them and resole them, so they're never the original heels or soles anyway, so what difference would it make?

>>9695478
is there really a quality difference between the originals and these? is it really £700 worth? i could buy 4 pairs for the price of the original
>>
search archive for rm williams for some info probably
>>
>>9695492

lel

this guy.

listen pleb, sounds like you walk everywhere or are more likely, a foot dragger.

first, learn how to walk.

second, spend money on quality shoes.

protip: that means real shoes, not fashion brands.
>>
>>9695946
I picture a fat gay guy saying this, having to take deep breaths between every sentence

3/10 made me laugh you sad faggot
>>
>>9695469
Buy them just so you can learn exactly why fakes are never a good option.
>>
>>9695469
w2c pants?
>>
willingly giving any amount of money to hedi slimane is more scummy than buying reps imo
>>
>>9696053
He's right though. You sound really fixated on the fact that they're YSL or some shit. What exactly do you like about them in the first place? Whats your budget? Theres multiple options for chelseas which look decent and not built like shit fakes at fair prices.
>>
File: 1428621205551.jpg (48 KB, 665x720) Image search: [Google]
1428621205551.jpg
48 KB, 665x720
>>9695469
>http://www.ioffer.com/i/yves-saint-laurent-men-s-fashion-western-cowboy-boots-583429495?i=202061059
>MFW i can afford this shit in a span of a week keeping my alcoholic habits

i suggest you to save up for the real thing, they´re way better and you can brag about it if thats your case, but if you really need a pair of chelseas right now you can buy rather cheap but not ugly one, the ones in your post are ok but they´re fake so theres that, you can always get the RM Williams McQuire or the asos suede ones which look very nice IMO
>>
>>9695946
i'm really heavy footed, comes with being 6'5, it's not i drag my feet, i just walk on one side of my foot so it wears really unevenly, i don't give a shit about the brand, i'm buying fake shoes you fucking idiot i just really like the way they look, also i have really skinny legs so most boots look stupid on me, and YSL are built for skinny guys

>>9696382
i've met hedi slimane, he's cool but i'm still wearing his designs, i'm just not paying his egotistical price

>>9696419
i don't care that they're YSL i just really like the style, i've seen other ones similar like Allsaints do a similar version, but i like how skinny it is i don't have a budget i'm a poor student, but trust me i have looked around, i model for YSL so i've tried getting them free, and i've tried them on and nothing struck me as being super quality about it

so is the consensus that fake = bad quality? i mean i get different leather, but stitching is stitching, and i can get like 7 pairs for the price of 1 real one, so i could go through 7 pairs before i am in the original ball park

thanks for all the opinions/comments guys
>>
>>9695469
lmao this site takes paypal. buy the shoes and do paypal dispute claiming you didn't know it was fake. almost guaranteed to get your money back since selling fakes is against paypal policy
>>
>>9696888
hahaahaha i might do that, would i have to send them back? should i just do it if they're shit??
>>
>>9696876
Not him but it sounds like you don't know how to walk.
>>
>>9696902
you have nothing to lose worst case scenario you have to ship it back, but they'll pay the shipping charges. most likely they'll just let you keep it. when you do the dispute just say something like you let you're brother or somebody make the purchase and didn't check if it was a fake website
>>
>>9696876
>i've met hedi slimane
>tfw you dream about meeting him in a party

IMO the thing with the prices is that they unique cuts and sillhouetes make them "rare" and exclusive, when was the last time you saw chelsea boots with a perfect sillhouete, or leather jackest that look classic but have a modern sillhouette?
>>
>>9696997
i'm a YSL model so yeah i've met him a few times
i don't think i care about fashion enough to know what you're talking about with the silhouettes though, explain?
>>
>>9696997
dude
honestly why do you even use this board
i've never even heard you mention any designers other than hedi slimane, is that all you care to know?
>>
>>9696997
that's p much w any high end items. ur paying for the design, name, materiels, etc. don't get where all this hedi bandwagon hate comes from but so many ppl ride the raf simons rick owens (usually what i'm dressed in) dicks
>>
File: Chelsea Boots Infographic.jpg (347 KB, 800x3154) Image search: [Google]
Chelsea Boots Infographic.jpg
347 KB, 800x3154
>>9697007
pic related might help you

update on it, i will make v1.1 next weekend so tell me more about brands and tips you have for keeping your boots uptight

>>9697016
the thing with Hedi Slimane is that he designs garments that i personally enjoy in the asthetic and technicall view and fits my style but i also like other designer but in very specific areas like Raf Simons in Dior, Karl Lagerfield in certain collections and Haute Couture, Elliee Saab in certain collections, Ann D in the technicall view, Rick Owens in the technicall view in his first collections, specially the fabric and cuts, i can go on with many designers but you fags are unable to appreciate the art of pattern making and fabrics
>>
>>9697053
seeing as you bum YSL so much, are there any brands that copy or are very similar aesthetically to YSL that are cheaper? Not just shoe-wise but in general
>>
>>9697081
sandro
>>
copped a lands end chelsea for $100 couple years ago it's been holding up p well tbh. slim toe box, leather sole, full grain leather. only prob is the pull tab is too tiny to put a finger through. idk if u can get them anymore though
>>
>>9697081
IRO Paris
>>
>>9697081
Lad musician is just a cooler SLP and they also dont charge as much
>>
File: tim1.png (137 KB, 319x313) Image search: [Google]
tim1.png
137 KB, 319x313
>>9695469

>everyone knows not to cop out on chelsea boots
>is it worth buying it fake?
>>
>>9697016
Yeah why doesn't he spout more Cara, Rick Owens, Raf Simons, Patrik Ervell and Uniqlo memes like the rest of this oh so fashionable board????
>>
Someone post rm william macquarie pics plz
>>
I love the look of Chelsea boots and skinny jeans, I also love the look of the jodhpurs with the jeans. Does anyone know where to get good jodhpurs for not rape? Cause I love the nut suede from ysl on all of their boots but I can't seem to find any other good brands that won't cost THAT much
>>
>>9696053

150 lb, bruh.

but I love the ad hominem, keep it real homie.

I was right about you not being able to walk, you probably pronate like all plebs, nothing to be ashamed of. You probably pigeon toe too since you read superficial as fuck.

why not just ask your friendo hedi for a discount, or at least ask to suck his dick for 50% off?
>>
>>9697699
why dont you just google it you sperg
>>
>>9697773
ASOS has a pair of suede ones for dirt cheap, I've seen another suede pairs from Dockers with a very good silhouetteand buildd, Idk if they still sell them, I found them in a leather market near my shit town
>>
>>9696876
If you like the silhouette more of a reason to disregard reps. Look at rep geos and the like, and how they compare with the actual shoe for example, most of these companies just do a general trace copy paste without much thought about the minute intricacies that make these items special in the first place.

And its quite rare for me to see any reps use actual welt stitches for shoes, most of the time its going to be glued on with a decorative stitch on the side. The aim is to cut cost no? Welted shoes will cost more production wise.

I'd strongly suggest going straight to a shoemaker instead of designer labels. Herring shoes, meermin (subsidiary of carmina or something if i'm not mistaken), and a lot of smaller houses do good things.

If you ever consider proxying a pair a company called Jalan Sriwijaya does some fairly interesting things at a fraction of most western prices. Its an Indonesian shoe manufacturer whcih exclusively sells their wares for the Japanese market.
>>
>>9697558
Lad musician as a label is slowly progressing to normcore, i.e less designer-y and more home brand a la muji. If thats what you're going for by all means
>>
Seems like you've already made your mind up, why the fuck are you even here?
>>
>>9697007
Silhouette: how its shaped, small detailing that makes things unique. Like you mentioned how skinny it is and the style. Theres a very good chance fakes will not have the shape which you say you like (of course they wont, fake manufacturers will not have the last/mold used to build the shoe in the first place and use a generic shape).

Also glued on shoes will be shaped differently from stitched shoes just because construction affects how the leather is "pulled" onto the sole
>>
>>9697924
>>9697945

yeah i'll probably just wait and try get them when i'm doing a show for them next, usually it's either get paid in money or clothes and i might just ask for the boots and money

thanks guys
>>
>>9696888
>>9696902

Except fake dealers are probably poor as hell workers in some 3rd world country just trying to support their family. Gyping them out of $300 means you can buy another pair of fashionable shoes, while their kids may not be able to eat dinner for a while.
>>
>>9697924
>>9697945

lel

these guys.

thinking ysl/slp or any fashion brand uses welted soles. They're all glued, son.

you want real shoes? don't buy fashion brands, they're all shoddy even at the high end.
>>
What does /fa/ think about wearing chelseas made by an English shoemaker as casual wear? Would it be too formal?
>>
>>9697053
if the extent of your styling capabilities are "wear chelsea boots with skinny jeans!" you shouldn't be making guides for others jesus fucking christ
>>
>>9700268
you can wear chelseas with any slim garment you have, it says explicitly in the infograpchic, as long as the garment compliments a slim sillhouette you can wear with chelsea boots, and those are just entry level recomendations, lrn2read

i wear black slimfit cropped hem chinos to work with my chelsea beaters
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x1136
>>9695469
',:^)
>>
>>9700046
how do you account for stuck like trickers x junya then?
>>
>>9697677
patrik ervells actually a decent designer. hedi just regurgitates the same garbage year after year.

slp is just as much of a "meme" as most of those btw
>>
>>9701576
hmm idk, its a nice concept but the patterns look shoddy and the cuts are too lazy, unless he´s doing it ironically, its a sensible next step to normcore IMO with more advanced cuts rather than the boxy generic patterns and drapes from the low end fashion industry (pic related)

not really my cup of tea but whatever floats your boat m8, also, Hedi doesnt repeat designs, the last collection, psych rock and almost all the womenswear collections were different from each other but keeping the same aesthetic conecpt of heroinchic, specially collections from 2013 and 2014 with a very post punk look
>>
>>9701810
hedi has been repeating the same shit since 2001, what the fuck are you babbling about? hedi is, and always will be, a good STYLIST and a bad designer. Dior had workers skilled enough to actually turn his vision (which i like, but to call it anything but the same thing repeated for almost two decades would be a lie) into some great stuff, Saint Laurent don't, which is why the quality is barely above zara-level compared to old DH.
>>
>>9701810
>normcore

yea because designers are influenced on the whims of a fashion trend that was codified less than a year ago

jesus fuck you have no idea what youre talking about
>>
>>9702097
i was talming in terms of aesthetics, idk what ons Patriks mind as to make him do his designs

>>9702086
this sounds interesting, pls elaborate
>>
>>9702152

Elaborate on what? Do you seriously not know about Hedi pre-YSL?
>>
>>9697652
>hears the word fake and automatically thinks they're made of plastic
topkek
>>
>>9701489
neck urself
>>
>>9702285
yes Dior Homme since 2001 i think, reather same to his actual work but with more simplistic designs

>>9702392
k bbuh
>>
>>9702464
>>9702464

Are you saying old DH were more simplistic than current SLP? Everything SLP puts out right now are less elaborate versions of older Dior pieces, which is exactly why people call Hedi a hack/one trick pony/sell out and what not. While every successful designer have to deal with some "emerging talent" making knock offs to mooch off of the hype, Hedi is actually doing it to himself.

I'm not trying to tell you what to like or not to like, do you, but if you're going to be giving advice to people you should probably 1) educate yourself a bit more about the subject and 2) develop your eye/sense of style/whatever you want to call it.
>>
>>9702593
Everyone knows that SomeLazyPerson is just a Hedi dickrider. No-one actually takes advice from him.
>>
>>9702593
Yeah, maybe you're right, I'll re-analyze this whole thing

>>9702688
Birch, I made a whole infographic abot Chelsea boots, I give basic garment tailoring advice and actual constructive criticism, if you don't want to take it that's not my problem

What do you want from me? Spoon feed you? No, you have to develop your style and learn by yourself, if someone says you fucked up and also has a solid argument or point out where you're wrong then you take the advice and try to improve yourself, you don't go around shit posting all around the board name calling everyone just because you don't like them

Damn /fa/ keep your shit together
>>
What do you guys think about these Sanders's?
>>
>>9702688
the only thing that faggot can do i spout 'muh SLP' lmao
>>
>>9702754
Those are really nice and the leather doesn't look cheap

>>9702958
Lol why? I think I mention more Dior than SLP
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.