[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FML
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: 5OBDK.png (203 KB, 383x416) Image search: [Google]
5OBDK.png
203 KB, 383x416
im 19 and ive always had a bit of a shitty hairline but now i think its actually starting to get worse.
What are the most effective remedies to hair loss?
>>
confidence
>>
>>9694746
dont fight it

its not a fight you can win
>>
>>9694818
>>9694832
its kind of hard to just be confident and not care when im in college with the hair of a 50 year old
>>
>>9694843
Then start dressing in dadcore and scope out the girls that look like they have daddy issues
>>
>>9694746
just don't get any kids. the human race does not need your inferior genes.
>>
It really is confidence because what is more confident than a guy losing his hair at 19 displaying genuine confidence.

If you want to maintain some of you hair, look into Finasteride and Minoxidil. If you are scared of taking Fin, for any reason, then do not take it.

Also, most girls don't mind. It's a very effeminate masculine quality to style your hair anyway.

Someone once told me that if you fear losing your hair to a large extent you also fear death to the same.
>>
i got long'ish hair and i wear a hat so i have to pull my hair back when i have to wear it and i'm noticing like signs of a receding hairline. does wearing a hat like that cause it?
>>
Propecia, Minoxidil, Nizoral, a laser comb, zinc, a shitload of vitamin B and some sort of concealer ought to do the trick.
>>
>>9694849
Soundest advice ITT
>>
Shave it and buy a star trek costume
>>
>>9694894
this is good advice. Other good advice is, if you have obviously thinning hair, just shave it bald. Because when you shave it bald, you're making a choice, you're owning your head and telling it what to do. When you're balding the choice is being done for you and you just come off as a man who is not in control of himself. if your head says "I'll just take out a few hairs" you have to say "FUCK YOU IT'S ALL GOING"
>>
investigate minoxidil and propecia and try them out if possible

the effects of propecia are supposedly affect only a relatively small part of the population and even if they affect you then the chance of them going away if you quit it are extremely high
>>
Consult a dermatologist instead of taking advice from fuccbois online. He'll probably give you minoxidil, some proper shampoo and maybe some other stuff depending on your case.
>>
>>9694851
The genes responsible for MPB are passed on entirely by the female parent.
>>
>>9695627
That sounds like bullshit since almost all baldness in my family is in my father's side while my grandpa from my mother's side doesn't even have almost any grey hair at 75.
>>
>>9695627

my mom's dad has flawless hair at 91, but my shitty hairline looks exactly like what my dad's was like at my age.
>>
File: receding.jpg (263 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
receding.jpg
263 KB, 1280x960
>>9694746
don't buy into any 'remedies', chances are they won't work

i suggest lose a little weight t slim down your face then shave it all off and keep it that way, or get really buff

if you dress well with a buzzed head, receding or not, you can still look good

pic related is kind of what im talking about
>>
Mine is pretty bad. I'm too skinny to shave it off though, it'd make me look terminally ill.

Right now my hair is pretty long so that covers it well but I'm always wearing hats if its slightly windy out. I might just get it cut short, there's haircuts you can get that do a good job of masking them but short hair really ages me so I dunno
>>
>>9695654
Hairline usually comes from the mothers side. U dun goofed
>>
>>9694746
>What are the most effective remedies to hair loss?
minoxisyl and propecia.
>>
File: 1414410381821.gif (359 KB, 370x330) Image search: [Google]
1414410381821.gif
359 KB, 370x330
Get on the finasteride train and enjoy arguing with yourself everyday if the side effects are worth it.
>Less morning boners.
>Less libido.
>When I used to take 0.5mg every two fucking days(normal dose is 1mg/day) my dick would look dead, pale and rotten.
>Now I take even less, I know I shouldn't but I'm 20 and I've still got a lot to do before I go bald.
On the bright side, I'm at a dose that (according to studies) does like 80% of the 1mg/day effect, but is way less harmful for your libido and dick. Now I feel kind of normal, but I still hate this fucking drug. I just don't want to mest with my hormones, but I want to keep my hair so bad I'll still endure it. Yes I'm stupid.
>>
>>9695960
that sucks man at this point i might just look into hair transplants
>>
File: sd.png (320 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
sd.png
320 KB, 512x368
>>9696024
Taking that those statistics are true and I'm the minority, if I were you I'd try it, half dose or something. If you don't notice side effects, you're good and finas might be a perfect option for you. If you do, stop, or do as I did and let your insecurities be stronger than your survival instinct.
>>
>>9695676
>don't buy into any 'remedies', chances are they won't work

lel stop spreading misinfo, finasteride and minoxidil do work if you aren't completely bald
>>
>>9695676
That nigga actually looks good and he doesn't even need a 9/10 face to pull it off. There is hope for us thinning bros after all...
>>
>>9695960
What dose are you on exactly?

Man, I want to try fin or duta, but I'm almost sure I will get side effects because of my fucked up hormones.

As long as the sides aren't permanent, it's worth a try.
>>
just fuckin shave it
>>
>>9696278
0.2 a day. As I said, kinda good so far.
>>
File: IMGP3957.jpg (277 KB, 662x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMGP3957.jpg
277 KB, 662x1000
I'm balding pretty bad in the front now and am hesitant to just shave it off again because of having a big damn beard this time. I need to at least trim this shit down, any suggestions is to how I should attempt to style it?
>>
>>9696560
shave hair, trim beard (not too much)
wear teashades
seriously, shave hair though. it'll be fine
>>
>>9696610
I think my head is much too round for teashades. Though I do like them a ton. I'm thinking of trimming the sides down and cutting off an inch or so to get all of the split ends in my beard.
>>
>>9695432
No, but if you're losing hair, the pulling of the hair from the tightness of a hat will pull more hair out.
>>
>>9694851
>inferior genes
Apparently not, considering that they've survived this far along.
>>
>>9695627
Urban myth.
>>
>>9694746
hats and styling it. If the rest of you isn't shit and you keep whatever hair you got looking nice, then it shouldn't be a big problem.
>>
>>9694746
Finasteride, or some other shit. Can reverse hairloss in most men if you catch it early enough, and hold it for a long while. Can cause ED, and loss of wanting sex/mastrubation. Can be permanent?

You can get it perscribed, or order it from india. Same with Dutasteride, but do your research so youy don't piss blood.

Alternatively, you could shave off your hair completely. You might look like Picard, or just some bald guy, I wouldn 't know.
>>
>>9694851
>Atttracitve 10/10 perfect male, health, muscle compostiion, and looks
>Attractive 10/10 perfect female, same as above
>Sex commences
>Baby is born
>Baby gets to 20 and starts balding
>Balding genes were from the mother's side of the family

There's more variations, but come on man. Soon there will be gene therapy, all bad genes will be erased. Defformities will be a thing only the upper class has, for some extra personality. Lower class will be wiped out, upper class will fight. After generations we'll be back here again with little changing.
>>
>>9697681
it's actually not a myth. the biggest genetic factor that contributes to mpb is on the x chromosome

>tfw i have two x chromosomes and most likely have a trait for AA on both
>>
>>9697735
>it's actually not a myth
Yes, it is a myth.

>the biggest genetic factor that contributes to mpb is on the x chromosome
That doesn't make it a trait inherited exclusively from the mother's side of the family.
>>
>>9697709
this is wrong. since being on fin im not only more horny all the time, but im also getting more defined/ripped because of the extra free testosterone created by blocking DHT synthesis. the only side effect ive noticed is my cum is more watery and less thick
>>
>>9697756
>this is wrong.
It's not. Your anecdotal evidence doesn't change anything.

> but im also getting more defined/ripped because of the extra free testosterone created by blocking DHT synthesis
No extra free testosterone is created by blocking DHT.

>the only side effect ive noticed is my cum is more watery and less thick
That's one of the side effects. Enjoy shitty sperm.
>>
>>9697756
IT's not wrong, it's a documented side effect, motherfucker I researched it. Never heard about the test helping lifting though, you got a source on that?

If I am imagining my hairloss, since I never have my hair this short, then I might still take it to get easier gains till my perscription runs dry.

The other side effect is that loads can be more watery, and sometimes yellow. This might be permanant as well, but I mean, if you're after aesthetics, and not women, it's alright.
>>
>>9696560
good lord shave that shit
also lose weight
>>
>>9696426
how do you break it into such small pieces?
are you on propecia or a generic brand?
>>
>>9694832
lol yes it is. i started losing my hair at 22, now im 24 with no real signs of hairloss since starting fin
>>
>>9695676
Wow. Probably one of the only unmanly bald men that I've seen that can pull it off.
>>
Hair transplantation seems to be the only legit 'cure'
>>
>>9698907
It is, if you're a norwood scale of 3, you will most likely get all of your hair back. The more severe the less desireable the result.

There are places that use body hair to suplement the transfer, and it looks....odd, but not bad when mixed with other hair.

The plan is to either move into cocktail injections, which seems likely, as well as hair cloning. Because once you can get more donor hair, full restoration becomes instantly possible.

Plenty of folks are getting close to cracking it, and a few have made donor hairs grow on areas of mice that they normally shouldn't. They need funding though. I'm skeptical though, even though a cure seems close, big pharma is making a killing off of balding people, I doubt they'd want a cure mucking that up. So either the trend continues, or the progenitors of the bandaid cures die and we get the real thing.

Of course, if the indians crack it, we might be able to get it ourselves. But I doubt any place that has capitalism like us will want to make a cure, even though it affects nearly every man.
>>
>>9694746
Use rosemary alcohol

My dad is 50 and since he uses it he has stopped balding
>>
there is an expensive surgery where they take hair folacles from the sides of your head that still grow and implant them one by one on the top of your head. the hair is alive, and grows. seems cool but ridiculously expensive.
>>
>>9699145
That's any hair transplant proccdure, called FUE or FUT. I believe FUE is better, since I think it's the one that doesn't scar so if it doesn't look good right away, or you're sick of it, you can shave it off and not have a scarred up head.
>>
>>9694746

shave and pick up a fedora from walmart
>>
>>9694746
Honestly just dress more maturely. You can pull off a receding hairline if you dress for it, are well groomed, and have confidence.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 656x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 656x599
>>9698907
I've had a hair transplant.
The left is around 89 follicular units/cm (natural hair) and the right is about 45/cm (transplants).
You definitely want to go around 60FU/cm to have normal looking hair
>>
>>9695627
well my mum's not fucking bald is she
>>
It's probably unhealthy to be so focussed on appearance
>>
>>9694849
ayyy
>>
>>9697744
are you fucking retarded? Have you never taken a basic high school biology course? Jesus Christ
>>
>>9698850
hey zachipster
i've seen you on here before, what is your routine?
e.g. do you take propecia or brand name? what dose? i know you also take zinc to offset any sides, can you clarify what exactly? also anything else you want to tell?
>>
>>9703278
>are you fucking retarded? Have you never taken a basic high school biology course?
Yes, and this myth was not brought up as fact.
>>
>>9702713
how long until that all falls out again?
>>
>>9703633
hair transplants don't fall out, they stay once they're put in.
>>
>>9695907
Don't mess with finasteride or dutasteride (latter being even a less clinically studied drug). It's a prostate cancer drug since it's blocking dihydrotestosterone, and even if in male pattern baldness it doesn't even slow or reverse much (if it even reverses without additions of estrogen?)

If it even does, you have to maintain your dose to maintain your hair, which among the possible sexual side effects isn't worth it, there are better options out there
>>
>>9702713
Got some before and afters? Where were you on the norwod scale? Can you style your hair without it looking incredibly thin? How much did it run you, and where?
>>9704107
Such as? Seems like finasteride is the only thing that prevents it that ISN'T snake oil, even if the side effects suck. Like those laser combs, and rogaine which doesn't even look like it ever works. I've also heard it raises free T, which can help build muscle, if true.
>>
>>9704619
Finasteride stops testosterone from being converted into dihydrotestosterone, which literally does mean yes there is more testosterone available that hasn't been converted, but I don't think that would increase over all bio available testosterone since the sex hormone binding globulin levels aren't changing
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.