[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are braces the only way of fixing crooked teeth? tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9
Are braces the only way of fixing crooked teeth?

tfw
>>
>>9693439
Iktf.

How much are braces ;_;
>>
braces are /fa/ no way
>>
>>9693439
Porcelain veneers, invisiline, etc
>>
>>9693439
There is also braces that are fixed inside.
>>
>tfw teeth too close together
i can't use toothpicks or floss
>>
File: 1424979198972.png (221 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1424979198972.png
221 KB, 500x280
>cracked molars
>no insurance
I really need to get these crowned
>>
>>9693514
Keep pushing harder.

Are they crowded? You can get one removed and fix them with braces.
>>
>>9693560
I feel you, also Swiss, it's so expensive I I just keep my mouth closed
>>
I just got my braces recently, will they do anything about my jaw?
>>
Is invisalign worth the money?
>>
>>9693591
yes, your whole face (mouth, cheeks, jaw...) will change. I had a very prominent jaw on the right side and the braces made it look more even.
>>
I had braces for two years AMA
>>
>>9693598
nope. just get braces like a man and deal with it.
>>
>>9693633
How long did it take for you to see any big changes?
>>
Had braces as a kid and stopped wearing my retainers like a dingus. Now one of my teeth in the front is a little wonky.
>>
>>9693598
It varies from person to person. Some hate it, some say it went smoothly.

I'm just gonna go ahead and do it anyways once I get the chance. I haven't been able to smile with my teeth since I was like 6 years old.
>>
>>9693453
I'm paying £2k for mine. Worth it since I've always hated my smile.
>>
Braces are pathetic. I can't imagine being so unhappy with myself to the point where I spend thousands to get metal shit all over my mouth.

You can get braces but you'll still be an insecure, vapid fuck.
>>
>>9694703
people in first world countries get braces when theyre like 12 and itll fix their teeth for the rest of their lifes. if thats pathetic then idk what to tell you.
>>
i have braces with a palatal expander to fix my deep bite AMA

Im done about one third of the treatment. Nothing hurts more than pushing the front teeth forward and wearing a power chain.
>>
>>9694703
Eating well is pathetic. I can't imagine being so unhappy with myself that I deprive myself of eating cakes, cookies and ice cream all day.

You can lose weight but you'll still be an insecure, vapid fuck.
>>
>>9694696
>tfw good national healthcare
>>
>>9693439
Really crooked teeth? Yes.

Invisalign only works on certain cases, typically to fix small problems.
>>
>>9694512
my mouth was a fucking mess, with that in mind, I'd say around 2 years. But the usual time to see improvement is less than a year.
>>
>>9693439
I'm turned on by alright looking girls who have braces
>>
>>9694703
Somebody didn't get braces and now is full of regrets.
>>
Just got quoted 5k for braces, our insurance doesn't cover it. Jesus christ that shit is expensive. My plan to fix my teeth is to join the Military and get invisiline or something.
>>
>tfw perfectly straight teeth
>tfw terrible underbite
>jaw is so strong that 2 years of braces and now a retainer doesn't help
>>
Just got my brackets on on Monday, next appointment this Monday, getting 4 pre molars removed Tuesday, so far I've paid around 355, the estimate was 2k, don't know how much more it will be with the tooth extractions yet
>>
>>9695594
Bruh, I love girls with braces, they look so cute
>>
File: aparelho-ortodontico-lingual.jpg (89 KB, 958x338) Image search: [Google]
aparelho-ortodontico-lingual.jpg
89 KB, 958x338
>>
>>9693502
Those are retainers
those come after braces
>>
Are gold braces /fa/?
>>
>>9696020
Na, he's talking about >>9695779

https://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/US-Incognito/hidden-braces/
>>
>>9693439
>>9693439
1. go to a bar
2. pick a fight
3. break teeth
4. go to the dentist
5. get dentures
6. ???
7. profit
>>
>tfw lost my retainer and live on the other side of the country from my former dentist
Oh well.
>>
>>9697100
lmfao
m
f
a
o
>>
>>9693439
go to a fucking good ortho. braces change your whole face depending on how severe your teeth were before. a good ortho will do their absolute best to not remove any teeth because that's the biggest factor in face change...
>>
>>9697292
Yeah man.
I know a girl that had a 10/10 cute face. Only problem is she had crooked teeth, so she saw only one orthodontist and went with it cause she thought every orthodontist would tell her the same thing. To be fair, I saw 10 orthodontists in my area and 9 of them told me the exact same thing (that I needed jaw surgery or tooth extractions to get rid of my deep bite). She ended up having to get 2 teeth extracted and now her cheek bones and chin are all sorts of fucked up.

Moral of the story: see all of the orthodontists in your area before choosing something you're paying a shit load for. And do some fucking research.
>>
Invisalign bros, invisalign
>>
>tfw impacted canines
>>
>>9694727
>AMA
:o
My surgery is in 1 3/4 months
How did it went/did your face change?
Also, why only your upper jaw and not lower one?
I get only upper one too
>>
>>9693439
iktf. I feel like I cant smile mouth open,never.
also braces >5k€ here, fuck
>>
Is it too late to get braces at 21? Are my teeth forever fucked?
>>
>>9698903
no, 21 is still fine imo
>>
>>9698903
I got braces when I was twelve and only had to wear them for six months but had to stay "in treatment" (i.e. keep paying and getting check-ups every six weeks) till I turned 18 because you keep growing and your teeth could still go back to their old position (at least that's what my ortho said). So it's actually a better idea to get them as an adult, in my opinion.
>>
>>9698932
In my case I wasn't even allowed to get anything done pre 18 because everything was still growing
>>
>>9693591
They should, i've been wearing braces for a year now and my jaw has been reshaped
>>
>>9698983
why exactly did you get braces? how did your teeth look before?
>>
>>9698970
Really? What country do you live in? I know tons of people who got them really young. I guess orthos make more money off of it.
>>
I had my braces for 3-4 years from high school into university. Shit ass timing but it was worth it because my teeth were fucked up.
>>
>>9698868
i hate that feel, i only, fully laugh when i am alone on my computer. I am going to get braces these days, i hope, my dad's company pays for it
>>
>>9698868
You know, it comes and goes.
Was afraid of getting braces my whole life. Teeth were too close together, fucked up positions, ugly smile and so on.
Then, one day I got one of my teeth extracted after a whole lot of thinking.
After that, I knew there is no turning back, extracted the other tooth needed, and got my braces.
I got ceramic braces, so its not so nticable when I speak.
I can't smile thought, because of the missing teeth spaces, who are not yet closed up.
On the other hand, was ashamed to smile before, so not a big difference.
Started to see major improvement allready month in, now I just need to wait till everything straightens out.
Braces are worth it, trust me.
>>
had braces in middle school because my parents could afford and health insurance. teeth were pretty straight to begin with. mom told me to not lick my gums as a kid after teeth fell out and second set grew in as that would cause them to grow in crooked. listened to her and seemed to work. not sure if true. had a very slight overbite like most people do, nothing that anyone woild notice but me.

braces fixed the overbite. always get compliments by dentists on havi.g a nice straight pair of teeth. unfortunately there was a three year period of meth and heroin abuse where i didnt give a fuck about personal hygiene and never brushes my teeth. got a few cavaties and teeth went from white to yellow. brush daily now but they stay yellow. i also drank a lot of soda duri.g this time...
>>
File: boy-with-braces-squinting-iclip.jpg (256 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
boy-with-braces-squinting-iclip.jpg
256 KB, 534x800
>>9693439
had braces as teen but stopped wearing the put-in-yourself thing after the maintreatment was done.
now my incisors are kinda crooked again with a small gap in the upper ones. dont know if my wisdom teeth had a negative impact as well.
want to get braces or such again now.

second: my upper incisors got broken off 9 years ago. one only the lower corner, the oner one half of it. got a composite repair but the material is slgihtly worn off now.
question: should i get a new composite, bridge or veneer?

i also consider a bleaching but not sure about the negative effects it may could have aaaand with my half non-natty tooth not sure if its the best idea. getting veeners for my whole smile is a little bit too much though, my teeth are not bad enaug for such a treatment imo.
>>
>>9694703
Confirmed for no insurance poorfag
>>
>>9699135
Brush your teeth with baking soda
>>
>>9699406
way to destroy the enamel irreparable.
>>
>>9693591
>>9693633
Braces made my jaw/cheeks puffier(?)
Think Kanye's jaw
>>
File: DSC_1257.jpg (458 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1257.jpg
458 KB, 1920x1080
Stop being such a bunch of /fa/ggots and just rock your teeth the way they are.

Unless you have an extra tooth growing in somewhere or your teeth are so fucked up you can't chew right, who gives a shit how they look? Keep them actually healthy (brushing, flossing, etc) and stop worrying about aesthetics (muh straight, muh alignment, muh white).

Come on.
>>
I have health issues that make everything on my body brittle and unable to absorb nutrients, or anything of the sort. I've started to notice that my teeth are breaking and cracking and spreading apart and shit. If I get braces or something to fix them will the braces break my teeth more?
Tfw the last tooth that broke was because of a gummy vitamin.
>>
>>9699483
>stop worrying about aesthetics
>on /fa/
>>
>>9699486
shouldn't you be taking supplements or something? your doctors should be able to advise you about that
>>
>>9699483
This entire board is about embracing superficiality.

I don't think this sentiment is really gonna be appreciated here.
>>
Speaking of fixing aesthetics, has anyone ever had cosmetic surgery? I'm thinking about getting my Jew nose fixed
>>
>not having true straight teeth
fuccboi maximum
>>
>>9699520
Minecraft irl?
>>
>>9699494
If I do then I'm going to have to have surgery and I don't have time or money for that.
>>
>>9699483
Your lower jaw is way too small for your teeth to fit in
Top row too, but not that bad

>>9699003
Germany, when I was young they told me it's not bad enough yet for it to get paid by the insurance and once they realized that it's fucked (16yrs+) they told me that I have to wait until im 18 until growing stops
>>
>>9699569
I'm also from Germany and my ortho fibbed a little in the insurance documents so they'd pay.
>>
>>9694570
Same
Should I try and fit my teeth into my retainer again? Does that work? Its been like a year and I feel like my teeth have become a bit crooked again.
>>
>>9699630

Mine did too, now,,, but could've had it as a child too :/
What did you get btw? Braces?
I'm getting surgery+maxillary expansion+braces (Gaumennahterweriterung, Operation am oberen Kiefer + ne feste Spange für 1-2 Jahre)
>>
File: gross.jpg (45 KB, 326x400) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
45 KB, 326x400
s-should i?
>>
>>9699654
Yeah, just braces for six months and then a retainer I never wore, my teeth weren't bad, my mom just really wanted it. That sounds painful but good luck!
>>
>>9699664

Top row actually looks kinda cute, but getting surgery would def improve it, you're mouth is too small for your teeth to fit in, I have a similar case atm

>>9699675
Gechillt
Yea, I think it'll be painful but worth it in the end, but I also wanted lower jaw surgery but my lower jaws condition is too good :l i just wanna have perfect teeth
>>
>tfw you will never receive a blowjob from a girl with braces
>>
>>9699817
>tfw lost my kiss virginity to a girl with braces not long ago
thanks. now i'm curious about that BJ thing!.....
>>
theres a guy on /diy/ whos fixing his teeth himself, scanned em, worked out all the changes and is 3d printing himself retainers to wear at night to slowly bring them in line.
Says it will be much cheaper than going to a dentist..
>>
>>9698830
im not having surgery

my upper palate was really narrow so they're widening it so they could bring my bottom jaw forward with a biobloc.
>>
>>9699894
>tfw lost my kiss virginity to a girl with braces not long ago
>lost my kiss virginity
>not long ago

MODS
>>
>>9698970
Same here, I didn't get them until I was 16 because I still had a lot of movement. Got them off a month after grad (which felt like the end of the world having them on for grad at the time) but my teeth are pretty damn perfect
>>
>>9701637
>>
>>9699520
There's no way those teeth got that straight naturally
I wonder what this person did to cause them to be like that
>>
>>9699520
>>9704027
Did a google search and apparently that's the result of fake braces
>>
>>9695733
same
but slight underbite
2 years of braces and now retainer
still dont feel like its changed at all
>>
>>9704029
Yep, fake braces are huge problem in Asia because it's a fashion trend, but they can still shape your teeth with prolonged use.
>>
>>9693439
>not having braces in middle school
lol sux for you guys. i just wear my retainer once or twice a week. easy perfect teeth
>>
File: image.jpg (270 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270 KB, 1280x960
How are mine?
>>
>>9701637
>not being a pure kissless virgin into your mid-20s
>>
>>9705724
Terrible
>>
File: JUST.jpg (23 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
23 KB, 217x320
>Had braces from 13-16
>Gorgeous, perfect teeth
>lower jaw grows a bit
>teeth not set properly now, headaches and neck pain all the time
>get braces again at 20
>get them off at 22
>couldn't be fully corrected as expected
>Crossbite is prominent and obvious to those who look
>wake up everyday pissed as hell about this
>Pain still there
>wasted all that time and money only to fuck myself worse than I was fucked before
>>
>>9693439
>What is Invisalign
Also, fuck you and your fucked up teeth, you are the inferior.
>>
>>9693439
There was that one chick who closed her front gap with rubber bands in a few months where it could take more than a year with braces
>>
>>9699640
I just started doing it. Hurt like a motherfucker the first couple nights I wore them, but it seems to be moving them back into position.
>>
>>9706680
Sorry about that man.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.