[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a UNIQLO employee anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (4 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 KB, 160x120
Before we go out of business in the US.
>>
>>9645674
how much is your staff discount
are you required to dress in uniqlo clothing
>>
>>9645674
what's it like working minimum wage

do you sometimes wish you earned a little bit more and had to work a little bit less
>>
>>9645674
i work management at uniqlo
far from going out of business in the US.
you're probably some sad connecticut store
>>9645678
staff discount is 30%
you're not required to dress in uniqlo if you wear all black.
you can wear current season stuff from uniqlo though.
>>9645681
its not bad
>>
>>9645678
30%

No but we're required to wear all black. Stores in every other country can wear whatever they want but the NY store fucked that up for everyone because niggers.
>>9645681
>$14/hr
>minimum wage
K
>>
>>9645693
>management
>we're doing fine

All of our managers got their starts as Luftansa co-pilots.
Above captain damage control here is a Japanese ex-pat who doesn't speak English. The guy in charge of running the store doesn't know what his underlings are saying.
>>
File: 1390799662689.jpg (130 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1390799662689.jpg
130 KB, 500x700
>>9645700
>All of our managers got their starts as Luftansa co-pilots.
what the fuck are you even saying
>Japanese ex-pat who doesn't speak English
works for a japanese company and complains about having japanese higher ups
>The guy in charge of running the store doesn't know what his underlings are saying.
hi connecticut!
>>
>>9645709
You're either Japanese or some cuck who is fine with being considered subhuman by his boss.
>>
>>9645713
>being so retarded that he doesn't even understand how the most basic company politics work
>>
>>9645727
Yeah you're japanese
>hemorrhaging money
>oversaturates instead of expands
>doesn't understand American culture, fashion, politics, or even climate
>the "Pure Blue" disaster
>still struggling to sell our back stock from 2 years ago
>keep trying to pass it off as new merch
>our actual new merch is the same as our old
>not understanding why Americans don't want to dress like 80 year old Asian women

Oh yeah, we're doing great, now tell me beautiful lies about how you hit your sales targets, ever.
>we're doing great!
>except for one of the 2 regions we're in that I will repeatedly use as an insult because they're doing so bad
>>
>>9645727
Racism is your corporate policy? So you guys are like a Japanese Tommy Hilfiger?
>>
>>9645744
you would fit in fine in >>>/biz/
>>
>>9645750
All the nips are racist, it's not conscious or anything
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 241x235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 241x235
>>9645750
We shoot more for a Gap vibe.
>mfw we used to believe we were going to run them out of business and not the other way around
>>
>>9645750
>japanese expats constantly dealing with literally retarded american managers who can barely control their supervisors
>having to constantly babysit MANAGERS throughout your area
>store standards almost always shit in most stores
>>9645744
as far as i'm concerned the only areas that struggle on the east coast are the connecticut ones. out of everything you said the only thing that can even be taken into context is pure blue.
>>
>>9645756
It can be fun, like how they're completely dependent on Chinese Americans for their business yet vehemently hate them.
Or how they're visibly terrified of blacks yet promote them to brag about how they aren't lacist.
>>
>>9645767
Try being a sales associate and having to babysit the managers AND the expats sine the only people who even know what the standards are, are the people who opened the stores.
>>
>>9645674

I'd cop on the daily if UNIQLO only had tall sizes. At 6'5", Gap and Banana Republic are my lifesavers since I have wide ass shoulders and need XXL or even XXXL tall if it is a really slim fit.
>>
>>9645767
>literally retarded american managers who can barely control their supervisors

Then why did they hire them?
>>
>>9645700
>>9645709
>>9645767
>>9645787
The fuck are expats?
>>
>>9645801
expatriate

people living in a foreign country

are you new to english?
>>
>>9645798
They're fine really, like I said there is a severe language barrier between upper management and the rest of the store that fucks everything up. About once a month a middle aged Japanese man come out of his office, yells unintelligibly at everyone until he's red in the face, and then goes back into his office while everyone dies laughing.
>>9645801
They send in managers from Japan to oversee the U.S. stores. They cycle them in and out hence why they're ex-pats and not immigrants. They don't know English and spend the first half of their time here acting scared and confused and the second half acting angry and confused. If you're white they leave you alone. If you're anything else you're fucked.
>>
>>9645807
Bitch! I know that! I've read Hemmingway, I just didn't understand it being used grammaticaly as a job position.
>>
Why the fuck do you cunts sell so many bubble jackets? Does anyone who isn't asian actually buy this hideous shit?
>>
>>9645844
expat refers to the people, not their jobs

you can be an expat without a job

and hemmingway is assigned to high school students, so it's nothing to brag about tbh
>>
>>9645850
We're waiting for them to start catching on in America.

Jackets that roll up into tiny pouches and get turned into wrinkly unwearable messes are our specialty. We're very proud of them, just like we're proud of "inventing" fabric that doesn't breathe at all. KEEPS YOU WARM THOUGH AMIRIGHT?

Sad thing is even the Water Defender line isn't waterproof, the down inside is just treated so it doesn't get moldy as easily.
>>
>>9645864
No, he's right. It refers to the people but it's an actual job title at UNIQLO. Basically means Store Manager.
>>
>>9645807
So, an immigrant?
>>
>>9645874
No because after...I forget how long, I've stopped paying attention, 6 months to a year, they send them back to Japan.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 462x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 462x377
>>9645767
Your Kabuki shirts are just flying off the shelves I bet.
>>
File: Untitled.png (415 KB, 996x489) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
415 KB, 996x489
>>9645744
>>9645767
How exactly was Pure Blue a disaster? Isn't PBJ a really tiny company (especially in comparison to Uniqlo, even in the United States)? From what I understand Pure Blue didn't even own the trademark for their name out of japan and Uniqlo's Pure Blue Japan line was US exclusive, but I could be wrong.

Also, regarding pic related. Is Uniqlo's slim fit actually skinnier than their skinny fit?
>>
>>9645874
no, immigrant implies you're a citizen

expat means you're a resident (who is foreign)

>>9645880
yes, if your visa expires and you don't have a job to renew it
>>
>>9645889
Because we try to pass it off as the Japanese brand and whenever we get called on it we act like we aren't. It was a pr disaster and we're still trying to sell a lot of essentially fake Pure Blue from over a year ago that no one wants.
>>
>>9645898
The visas have nothing to do with it. They're scheduled cycles that coincide with the quarterly annual review system . I half suspect theyre using America to dump their dead weight.
>>
>>9645889
Depends on the type of Jean, selvedge, chino, etc. selvedge isn't a fit, it's a material, and we have it in slim fit that is looser that skinny in other materials.

Also for all the laughing at managerial ineptitude and useless puffy jackets, the slim fit selvedge are quite nice.
>>
>>9645889
PBJ is a well established japanese raw denim brand that makes every cut in batches

The Uniqlo PBJ was a joke because
a. anyone who cares about denim thought it was PBJ
b. quality couldnt justify the markup
>>
>>9645693
>>9645767
>work management
>it's not my job to hire competent staff or know how to train people

Are you sure you don't work for H&M?
>>
>>9645899
Honestly doesn't surprise me that Uniqlo would do something as scummy as this.

>>9645930
I got a pair of skinny fit tapered jeans from Uniqlo once but just didn't like how baggy they were around the legs + how large the leg hole was. In this specific picture it looks like their slim fit is considerably skinnier than the skinny fit, is that actually the case? It's also confusing because all their slim cuts are a straight cut but in that picture it looks like they taper even more than the "tapered skinny fit" does? What cut is the one you'd say is the skinniest?
>>
>>9645949
I laid a pair of "tapered skinny jeans" on the counter yesterday and asked my coworker to point out the "taper". They were straight up drain pipe legs with no taper at all. Yes the other pair tapers more. Honestly our chinos tend to be the most form fitting. The jeans that are slim/skinny tend to have very passé fades on them that I wouldn't be fought dead in.

>>9645693
>I work management at UNIQLO
>refuses to admit everything is falling apart and blames everyone else for their failures as a manager
Fuck yeah you do.
Now go watch all of yesterday's cashwrap videos and see if you can catch my lil "spot the taper" moment.

There's going to be a lot of "Don't talk about Fight Club online" notices in the break room this week.
>>
>>9645965
I fucking knew it with the taper, I'll pick up a pair of slim fitting chinos and see how those are. How are the stretch slim fit jeans? A review on the website said that the white stretch jeans are transparent, do you think that's actually true?
>>
>>9646032
Only if you're wearing a size that's way too small for you and have extremely dark skin, and even then I haven't heard that complaint.
>>
>>9645889
>>9645930
>>9645949
>>9645965
>>9646032
>company is so Japanese
>the size descriptions are written in Engrish
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.