[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is acne so expensive Why is the quality so shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 521x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 521x282
Why is acne so expensive

Why is the quality so shit
>>
Banking on clueless teenagers.
>>
i really like the look of acne shit, not sure what i'm expected to buy that has a similar look with better price to quality
>>
>>9639119
this

same reason common projects are becoming increasingly more expensive.
>>
>>9639109
>Why is acne so expensive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good
>>
What's are some good quality clothing at similiar prices to acne
>>
>>9639109
The quality seriously isn't that bad
>>
Probably best black jeans for the price imo.
>>
>>9639232
our legacy. cheaper AND better quality

>>9639435
their jeans are basically h&m tier
>>
>>9639435

Not in a milion years.

A jeans that fits you well isn't necessarily a good quality product. Hell, i had some pretty decent results out of standard H&M slim fit jeans to illustrate my words.
>>
>>9639109
Basically
>the brand does decent jeans
>becomes known for it
>ups the shit out of the prices on everything
>rides on the jeans popularity to sell all of their (literal) shit to clueless faggots
>>
>>9639109
not that expensive. if you don't have the money don't buy. it's designer. if you can't understand designer then why do you care. fashion isn't about quality.

however I do agree their quality is much worse than it should be. price point is about right for the design, though. I hate the name acne too, it's what people get on their face and hate. come up with a better name. if its supposed to mean ambition to create novelty expressions, then put it all caps, otherwise it's acne.
>>
>>9639435
acne jeans suck
i have them

also, their shirts shrivel up in the dryer like h&m or fever 21
>>
>>9639485
>fashion isn't about quality

ummmmm
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 343x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 343x400
>yes goy buy my low-mid tier quality products for just under high fashion prices
>be a good little goy

Ok acne, thank you acne
>>
>>9639435
The first pair I bought back in 2012 was actually pretty decent. I bought another pair in 2014 and it was pretty bad honestly. Even Levis/H&M have better construction than Acne's do now
>>
tried on a pair of max cash ones a few days ago to check out the hype. just fit and felt like typical black jeans, better than h&m -- on par with uniqlo.
>>
>>9639534
ok sorry i should say, concerned with quality. of course most high end items are going to have decent quality. price doesn't imply quality though, it implies design more than anything. of course if you buy something high end, its going to have decent quality, but there are companies that make much, much better quality for way cheaper, which wouldn't be fashionable.

creating a relatively cheap, fashionable, quality item is not that easy.
>>
>>9639109
>expensive
>quality
it's a fucking shit brand and cheap, if you can't afford that you need to kill yourself
>>
>>9639484
>(literal) shit
Someone doesn't know how to properly use the world literal
>>
>>9639673
It is easy it's just at that point its less of a business and more of a public service, why sell for cheap when you can get away with higher prices.
>>
>>9639485
acne is not designer
>>
>>9639702
The jeans are cheap only because they got famous off that shit and can't mark it up without obviously jewing

Almost every other item is exuberantly over priced
>>
>>9639732
What is the definition of a designer brand then, do tell us?
>>
>>9639534
He is right though, anyone into fashion for muh quality is probably retarded. Lots of labels more expensive than acne make clothing that's on par in terms of quality
>>
>>9639746
depends on what you mean by "into fashion."
>>
>>9639746
What are you in it for then?

To own cool brands and status symbol?

Why else would you spend large sums of money on clothing if it wasn't for quality
>>
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 960x1280
Because they tell you that you are ugly if you have certain qualities and then convince you it must be fixed,
So by then you are will to pay a lot for to do just that.
>>
File: acne.jpg (82 KB, 539x900) Image search: [Google]
acne.jpg
82 KB, 539x900
>>9639420
If you're paying 450 pounds for some stupid fucking sweater the least you can demand is that the quality is above average
>>
Whats wrong with the quality? I own several ACNE pieces and they keep great quality, also they have good fits for tall and skinny guys and not fat manlets like you guys.
>>
File: q95bvw-l.jpg (62 KB, 600x655) Image search: [Google]
q95bvw-l.jpg
62 KB, 600x655
>>9639109
Welcome to fashion, nigger. This is how it works. If you spend more than $15 on a t-shirt, you're paying for the design. A $1,100 t-shirt isn't any better quality than one which is a thousand dollars cheaper.
>>
>>9639970
DAT ASSSSS
>>
I dont mind them. My first pair of Max cashes lasted a year and a half, got another pair recently and no issues so far.
>>
>>9639970
Why not just buy Zara then if this is what you think
>>
File: hole shiet.jpg (180 KB, 1000x1334) Image search: [Google]
hole shiet.jpg
180 KB, 1000x1334
>>9640035

>>9640101
Zara, H&M, Asos, etc is fast fashion. Acne is not. The clothes and designs are marketed to a different group of people.
>>
File: 29G151-833_A_229.jpg (78 KB, 539x900) Image search: [Google]
29G151-833_A_229.jpg
78 KB, 539x900
>>9640101
I don't see Zara making shirts like this.
>>
>>9639758
Yeah I guess that's true

>>9639769
Design, cool unique designs. Most of the stuff I buy would be considered high quality, but quality isn't the main reason for my interest.

I think my original post was worded a bit too harshly, I don't have anything against people who buy for quality, but I can't really understand people who motivate buying expensive designer products solely for quality, guess I just think there's always more to it than that.

>>9639957
No clue, i'm no expert on Acne. Personally I just think that it's a circlejerk since Acne is considered by most as an "entry-tier" brand in terms of deigner stuff, lot of newer peoples first more expensive buys are apc or acne jeans, thus older posters want to distance themselves form that

Just a thought though, not necessarily the case

Personally I have only one item from acne(a shirt) and it is definitely a very nice.

May also be because someone simply didn't like something they bought, and considers that opinion the truth

Seems like most people forget that quality is subjective
>>
>>9640171
just wait for them to rip it kek
>>
>>9640171
>>9640128

I know this is b8 but why is Acne not fast fashion, they arent particularly original, they barely qualify as 'designer'.

They market to tumblr, so do Zara and H&M
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.