[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips on how to dress around attention-grabbing footwear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: maison martin future.jpg (141 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
maison martin future.jpg
141 KB, 640x640
Any tips on how to dress around attention-grabbing footwear? I really like weird sneakers but I don't feel confident pulling them off.
>>
Or just post cringe photos to discourage me. Either way.
>>
>>9546737

dress as plainly as possible for everything but the shoes
>>
>>9546855
That never looks good. That's not being able to pull it off...
>>
File: 1407221653326.jpg (728 KB, 810x1215) Image search: [Google]
1407221653326.jpg
728 KB, 810x1215
Don't allow your fit to be too confusing. Dress normally, but make your shoes the center piece.
>>
>>9546737
Don't wear one expensive eccentric item with an outfit that doesn't look like it's well made. Make sure everything else you're wearing fits well and looks like it's the same level of quality, even if it isn't.
>>
>>9548737

the worst
>>
>>9548751
This mostly. It's the obvious dichotomy between a luxury item and regular clothing. You need to wear things that are or appear to be of a similar stature.

>>9548737
This is a ridiculous and somewhat over the top fit, but it works because it's evident that everything is meticulously crafted and constructed. The fabrics are luxurious and all of the pieces fit perfectly. Additionally, he's tied the outfit together with a military theme but it's subtle enough to avoid looking costumey. The boots are obviously combat inspired. The jacket is sharply cut and belted like an old military dress uniform. The bag's leather strap and large buckle are another nod to Sam Browne belts, which are another common military accessory. The cap, slouchy pants, shirt layering, and elongated sleeves keep the outfit casual.

Basically the shoes have to work with the rest of the fit, rather than contrast. There's a difference between dressing plainly like >>9546855 said and dressing simply. I'm having a hard time putting it into words but it involves both highlighting the footwear and playing it down at the same time. Obviously gold vagina shoes are a statement piece, but if you integrate them with the rest of the fit on some level (sparse futuristic details, retro '80's vibe, etc), you'll wear the shoes instead of the shoes wearing you.
>>
2 ways

1. wear only black/monochrome/minimalist
2. match the the rest of your outfit to the style

1 can end up boring and 2 can become expensive
>>
here's a few photos with loud footwear for inspo or derision
>>
>>9549041
>>
>>9549046
and one with superstars for all you trendhopping fuccbois
>>
File: fafa.jpg (245 KB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
fafa.jpg
245 KB, 640x481
thread has my interest
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.