[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else makes brogues like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 9767_trickers-shoe-blk-d.jpg (84 KB, 1080x1452) Image search: [Google]
9767_trickers-shoe-blk-d.jpg
84 KB, 1080x1452
Who else makes brogues like this?
>>
>>9508285
it's an american style popular 40 years ago, made popular again by online fashion forums
so the 2 american shoemakers left make it

some english makers have a model or 2, but that's rare

the spaniards have some models to pander to the burger market
>>
>>9509735
well pic related is a very popular model by tricker's, which is an English brand. Who are the Americans? AE?
>>
>>9508285
thom browne
>>
>>9508285
Thom browne, trickers, sanders
>>
>>9510033
alden and ae, yeah
alden's classic specialty are shell long wing brogued bluchers

you won't find black/black grained twotoned shoes like this with a natural edge colouring standard, though

you could custom order them from trickers

apart from trickers I know sanders have a pair in their diplomat range (only 2 colour options, if that - I know there's a burgundy one for sure, maybe black)
cheaper than the tricks

>>9510050
>thom browne
>>9510254
>Thom browne, trickers, sanders

thom browne are sanders re-labelled and marked up in price
fine if you really, really like whatever style differences TB gives them, but if it's some generic makeup you can't assume the higher price means a higher grade than sanders diplo

TB used to use trickers, but then that got too expensive for them so they swapped to sanders which costs less for them, not that they lowered the pricing to reflect a change in manufacturer
fuck TB

mark mcnairy is also re-labelled sanders
more realistic pricing compared to TB
lots of non-standard suede colours from MM
>>
>>9510587
With sanders I was thinking of some I saw on rakuten, they had a rubber sole and we're a bit fatter. Can't seem upload pics atm but Google will find it if you want to see.

With Thom Browne you're paying for the design sure, they're much better looking than any of the non designer ones IMO, they look much chunkier and exaggerated compared to the others. But TB prices are crazy atm.

Alden/ae don't try to look chunky and are more traditional, the whole unironic mfa/sf heritage thing etc.
>>
File: carmina cognac detroit.jpg (175 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
carmina cognac detroit.jpg
175 KB, 640x640
>>9510652
>With sanders I was thinking of some I saw on rakuten, they had a rubber sole and we're a bit fatter. Can't seem upload pics atm but Google will find it if you want to see.
I saw one
tan waxy
looks nice.
the japs really are the english shoe industry's best friend atm

I think though that they'd all be the same last, just a different makeup specifics (perhaps a diff sole).

>>9510652
>But TB prices are crazy atm.
yes
i'm not that enthused with their designs, so I guess I'm just biased against them

>>9510652
>Alden/ae don't try to look chunky and are more traditional
if that's what you're looking for carmina's long wings (generally on their detroit last) are pretty "sleek" for this kind of shoe
from comparison pics the detroit is even sleeker than the lasts alden typically use for their longwings
and if it's on the carmina oscar last, well, that's a bit too sleek for me

sleekness if fucking overrated
hopefully the trend passes

pic
missed out on this from carmina because I was too slow
maybe when they restock
i'd love a pair in this colour and leather

if I had any faith with alden left I'd get some colour 8 longwings.
i've had to stop myself several times
just can't trust their bullshit qc though, and don't want to bother with international returns
>>
>>9510861
more carmina (it's not alden - the owner just used alden trees)
>>
>>9510861
>>9510867
oh, and the first pic looks sleeker because it doesn't have a storm welt

tbh I kinda like the 2nd pic's thick welt more.
>>
oxfords not brogues
>>
>>9510955
but everything in your pic is a broged oxford
>>
Thanks for the help guys. Still trying to decide if I'd be able to pull off all black bourtons.
>>
>>9509735
>Brogues
>American style

Scotland is America, I learn something new everyday.
>>
>>9510955
they're bluchers you moron
>>
>>9511856
>Madras
>American style

India is America, I learn something new everyday
>>
>>9511856
i was referring to the long wing pattern that the op was asking about you mongoloid

time to stop posting here if you can't even read properly
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.