[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what has happened? >2010 slow board and tripfagging drama
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: 1392497639713.jpg (89 KB, 550x529) Image search: [Google]
1392497639713.jpg
89 KB, 550x529
what has happened?

>2010
slow board and tripfagging drama
>2011
more traffic, more posters, lots of laughs, early goth shit
>2012/2013
even more traffic, more laughs, with actual wisdom being dropped
>2014
extreme shitposting and off-topic shit, australian cancer, lean cancer, meme shit greatly outweighing discussion
>2015
posters asking the most stupid of questions.
these 2015 WAYWT posters would have gotte FUCKING shat on before
the /mfa/ thread currently up rn is actually better than todays WAYWT

>related
>>
Culture shifted so fashion was mainstream again. Think every cunt in skinnies etc.

/fa/ became a popular board and morphed into other popular boards.

Same happened /b/ and /mu/ man. ;_;
>>
File: 1422443116763.jpg (353 KB, 900x601) Image search: [Google]
1422443116763.jpg
353 KB, 900x601
you're not helping, op. see pic.

tldr: put up, shut up or gtfo
>>
>>9506994

Post fit, faggot.
>>
File: 1382599868903.jpg (96 KB, 960x725) Image search: [Google]
1382599868903.jpg
96 KB, 960x725
>>9507024
who is that faggot?
im not making a fucking infograph for you.
you see whats posted, lurk inspo threads, and realize what you like, slowly building a wardrobe.

The problem before was that there was literally NO MODERATION in this board. Which allowed for flooding of offtopic shit
>/fa/ movies
>/fa/ music
>/fa/ food
>/fa/ phones

memes are not the problem, its the uninformed posters.

faggots making threads to be told what the difference between a derby and a wingtip is?
are you serious?
this isn't what board is. the culture has always been to shit on others while at the same time learning.

there are people on this board who only wear converse and addidas with hoodies WITH NO intention of wearing anything else.
are you serious?
that WAYWT is highschool tier. Ridiculous gothfags and poorfags with fucked fits put a better effort than what I'm seeing here. and thats what matters.
>>
>>9507058
what do you propose?
>>
>>9507058
Exaxtly, we need more mods to get rid of the cancer
>>
File: 1390950730350.png (167 KB, 354x428) Image search: [Google]
1390950730350.png
167 KB, 354x428
>>9507100
everyone logging off and resuscitating poet
>>
>>9507100
we could start by making a push to keep fuccboi questions in the fuccboi general. Then we could actually give them proper answers while we are shitting on them.

If we put the effort into spreading real fashion knowledge to the fuccbois the board could be at least slightly better.
>>
>>9507238
who is the actual mod for this shit-board?
respond to shit post you second-hand-wearing-fuck.
>>
>>9506994
Stop making shitty threads like this and just report the actual shitty threads or off-topic shitposters.

Don't like pigfuck threads? Report them, they go down quick.
Don't like Cara shitposters? Report them, it's avatarfagging.
Don't like racism? Report it.
>>
>>9507238
I think it would be good to...

Maybe... Only have one WAWYT/Fuccboi/Hair/Fragrance/Skincare/Watch general at one time. No multiples at all.

Or... Completely ban all ad hoc fuccboi-questions and all other stuff that doesn't belong outside of the general threads.

But seriously: Just give up. /fa/ is on 4chan and 4chan is shit in general. We won't be able to have a quality fashion board when we're neighbors with /b/, /pol/, /r9k/, /mlp/ et c. The only good /fa/ is for is to laugh at people who dress like shit and newfriends who are completely retarded

Anyone can come here from the other boards and shitpost at any time. And they do.
>>
>>9507248
>Don't like pigfuck threads? Report them, they go down quick.
>Don't like Cara shitposters? Report them, it's avatarfagging.
>Don't like racism? Report it.
none of that is the problem.
...we need more people like pigfuck.
as annoying and cynical as he is, he is part of the culture.

fuck you pigfuck
>>
>>9507259
so the people who actually care and want to discuss fashion should bury the fuccbois in anger and report them until we start to get some sort of police-state consistency. >>9507248 this guy has a point
>>
>>9507263
burying people in anger? this bumps the threads. also, I don't really think that people will stop posting just because people are writing slurs to them... I mean, this is 4chan after all.

do we simply need more active moderation?
>>
>>9507276
>do we simply need more active moderation?
yes but moot nevar gave a fuck and the stupid fucks who do look after the board dont give a fuck.
Im mad because even with the shitposting and offtopic threads there were stills laughs to be had and informative stuff to be read. now its just all cringe and ignorance.
>>
>>9507024
this faggot just wants /fa/ to be more like reddit

fucking tripfags when will they learn
>>
>>9506994
I feel like if you think /fa/ was ever decent you haven't actually been here that long.
>>
>>9506994
/fa/ has never been that great, but i will admit that it has gone downhill a lot

everybody thinks they deserve a trip. most people here are idiots who can't even tell the difference between chelseas and brogues and just come here to spam images of that ugly fuck cara delememe

people asking the dumbest questions like w2c stan smiths
people expecting the internet to tell them how clothes and shoes fit instead of just going to stores to try them on for themselves
dumb threads like EDC and those dumb charts where people just post internet images of the clothes they wear instead of just taking a fit pic
watch threads
model threads
room threads
is _____ effay threads
neckbeards asking for hair cut advice

all shit
>>
>>9507165
wouldn't work his trip is public
something like poet## telesterion

u can find it in the archives
>>
>>9506994
Completely agree with your /fa/ history description although i wasnt here till 2012
>>
The secret club has been invaded
>>
>>9507165
poet was a pseudo intellectual faggot who somehow thought he was above everyone else because he didn't have to work since he mommy and daddy paid all of his bills for him

he couldn't handle when /fa/ insulted his waifu timber so he flipped out and left for good. i remember that day fondly and it was one of the best things that happened to this board
>>
>>9506994

lol

idk who that old guy is but for a grandpa he looks pretty damn effay
>>
>>9507011
this is rather true. It's usually the young boards that are good.
>>
>>9506994
you realize we have these threads every other day and nothing ever changes right
>>
Started lurking last years and fits on the WAYWT threads were some times good but now they're all complete shit to the point where you wonder if WAYWT are just troll threads these days.
>>
>>9506994
>early goth shit
Goth shit has been around 2008.

>actual wisdom being dropped
Very little. Probably less than there is now, due to the board being busier.

>the /mfa/ thread currently up rn is actually better than todays WAYWT
We can say this most days.
>>
it all started when poet left
>>
>>9507875
>you wonder if WAYWT are just troll threads these days
Most (if not all) /fa/ threads are troll threads. This has been true forever.
>>
>>9506994
as someone who has been on this board since 2008, i can tell you without a trace of doubt in my mind you're wearing rose tinted glasses looking at the past. /fa/ has always been shit. the same stupid threads that choke the front page are still there and always will be here. at least now there's an ambient familiarity with actual designer clothes.

until 2012 you couldnt expect to have any kind of conversation about rick or raf, let alone people condescending about how they are awful or pleb. now you can drop almost any name (eg dries, ccp, viridi anne) and someone will know what youre talking about. there also wasn't even a 'fuccboi general' until... i dunno, 2012 also? so all those questions that are contained in that thread wouldve had their own thread as well.
>>
>>9507901
>until 2012 you couldnt expect to have any kind of conversation about rick or raf
This is not true. However, there is certainly more designer talk now.
>>
>>9506994
can't handle the epic bants????
>>>/reddit/
>>
LOOKING GOOD DAN
O
O
K
I
N
G

G
O
O
D

D
A
N
>>
>>9507901
Post a fit. I want to know what someone whose been here for 8 years looks like. I expect a reply with a fit.
>>
File: CL34-Irene-Ruhnke1.jpg (1 MB, 1898x2700) Image search: [Google]
CL34-Irene-Ruhnke1.jpg
1 MB, 1898x2700
Summoning the mod to give his/her opinion on the state of /fa/
>>
>>9507544
holyyy shit i forgot about that
>>
File: 1419309386834.png (52 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
1419309386834.png
52 KB, 922x882
Rexy/resu/notuser has singlehandedly ruined this board.

Success Nerry is the only one who can save /fa/
>>
>>9507261
>We need more people like pigfuck
We really don't, one is fine.
>>
>>9509113
>idolazine some attention whore
fucking stupid
>>
>>9509113
I only wish that we could have some kind of petition or something

just show the janitors/mods that a single user is completely fucking up the board by shitposting

Maybe rule 3?
>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, macro image replies

also evading trip filtering by changing nicks constantly
>>
File: 1424979068635.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1438) Image search: [Google]
1424979068635.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1438
>>9509233
the girl images are not him, though. the images are not fake, but it's simply someone else.
>>
>>9509241
Do the newfags know the rules before posting?
/fa needs a new sticky where the basic rules are posted
If those tripfags want to be famous they better go back to reddit
>>
>>9509249
Ofcourse newfags know the rules, but why would they obey them, when no mod will ban him for it anyways?
>>
>>9509245
What a autism
>>9509274
I don't think so, but we need a savior, a hero, a mod that doesn't be lazy
>>
>>9509245
i like fit #2 there
>>
>>9509171
Pig fuck was popular at one point tbh
>>9509245
Who is this guy? This si what I'm talking about. This dude would have gotten flamed and insulted to death until he dropped his trip. He looks straight out of an episode of degrassi
>>
>>9508788
Anyone that's been on /fa/ that long knows not to post fits.
>>
>>9509301
End yourself
>>
>>9509303
resuton/not user/resu/rexy/rehab/reeee

He dropped the not user trip when that image compilation started spreading

Which makes it very likely that it was actually him in the images. he would't drop the not user trip at that time otherwise.
>>
>>9506994
I've been here since 2008
/fa/ was always dogshit.

unpop, crackiy jones, shitty trups, uneducated posters, etc etc etc
>>
JANITOR APPLICATIONS OPEN

Become janitors, faggots!

BE OUR CHEMO
>>
>>9507245
I don't think we have a proper mod, or one who hasn't been active at all
>>9511199
I thought they closed already
>>
>>9511199
>>9511537
Never mind, just saw the announcement, applying nao
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.