[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help /fa/!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: IMAG0358.jpg (937 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0358.jpg
937 KB, 1520x2688
My great grandfather stole this ring off a Nazi in WW2, can anyone identify it? I have never been able to find this exact ring or something like it online. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>>
Lol.

No he didn't.
>>
>>9481335
That ring is from an SS Kraken Development team.

tl;dr they were a secret team of bioengineers and scientists trying to create the Kraken as we know it from Norse mythology
>>
>>9481343
Wasnt that called HYDRA?
>>
>>9481341
That's what I'm trying to figure out. It was just a story I was told.
>>
>>9481335
ask /k/
>>
>>9481351
No, something like 'Scharfrichter'
>>
>>9481353
/k/ said to come here lol. They have been counterproductive.
>>
>>9481335
Do you have any more angles?
>>
Take it to Pawn Stars so Ricky can take the ring to his friend who is an expert on WWII nazi jewelry.
>>
Pretty sure that's just a Buddhist or Hindu ring since the swastika is parallel to the ring's body.

Sell it to some wannabe neo-nazi for three fiddy.
>>
inb4 thule society
>>
>>9481371
The ring is back at my parent's house in a safe. More angles honestly wouldn't probably do much for you.

Also, i have seen Nazi jewelry parallel, but it is uncommon. Pretty sure my great grandpa lied to his family.
>>
Example here.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_standard_of_Adolf_Hitler
>>
>>9481397
Nah it'd be reversed then
>>
File: 1eagleswastikarinmg1.jpg (8 KB, 231x205) Image search: [Google]
1eagleswastikarinmg1.jpg
8 KB, 231x205
>>9481410
Maybe.
>>
>>9481410
Okay, well as far as i'm concerned there never where any offically issued rings.
So it just could be any kind of private ring.
Maybe someone in the military spent his first earned money on this thing or something.

I think you should happy if your grandpa lied to you, taking jewlery from a dead man is not very brave, even it's a nazi. (Though not all german soldiers where nazis, some where forced to do service in the military)
It's rather a sad story than anything you should tell your grandchildren.
>>
>>9481352
Maybe he was right though, but my first reaction is skeptical. There are a few red flags for me. I also imagine there are no hallmarks or you would have mentioned them.

First and foremost, the swastika isn't turned by 1/8th. Second, it looks cast, rather poorly. The surface of the signet ring looks uneven and the swastika soldered on. Period rings were stamped and soldered to fit.Judged by the uneven finish this looks 'homemade' so it's neither military nor political. Also there should be a maker hallmark on the inside and markings on either the in or outside of the shank.

I'd say that likely this ring originally sported another design. Would explain the sorta undefined decorations on the side. Perhaps it's the work of an amateur silversmith, who knows? It has little to no provenance, which does not debunk the story in itself but given that for every authentic ring there must be a 100 (Eastern European) copies I remain skeptical. But it is important to keep in mind that back then rings like these were sold as souvenirs. Dachau for example, morbid as that may be.
>>
>>9481335
I'll buy it off you for $75, I love nazi memorabilia
>>
>>9481462

>sjw
>implying killing isn't something to tell your grand children about
>Nationalism is a good thing
>>
>>9481462
Heinrich Himmler gave out rings to members of the SS that displayed acts of valor or something like that
They didn't look anything like OP's pic but there were rings given out.
>>
>>9481462
>well as far as i'm concerned there never where any offically issued rings.

There were but they are vastly different in appearance from this one.
>>
>>9481480
Much appreciated
>>
This ring looks a bit shoddy.
I'd wager it's either from early party times or more likely - just fake / not an official ring.

Are there any inscriptions on the inside?
>>
File: IMAG0359.jpg (968 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0359.jpg
968 KB, 1520x2688
>>9481480
Not sure if these are any better. Or i accidentally picked the same one. Apparently i took 2 pics of it
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 1334x750
>mfw you'll never scalp a nazi and steal his ring and give it to your grandkids

Hanging myself
>>
>>9481394
Why so he can tell you the best he can do is 5.99?
>>
>>9481496
I can smell the Jew from here
>>
>>9481335
LOL
looks hindu, not nazi
>>
>>9481516
Hindu swastika is reversed. Which is why i am questioning it.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 884x889) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 884x889
>>9481512
Jews?
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
>>
>>9481522
It's used as a stamp/signet ring, the swastika is reversed when pressed onto something
>>
>>9481496
Same thing applies really. Could go into more detail but i imagine the looks of it are sufficient to conclude it's homemade.

I'm not quite sure what material is though. Initially i thought silver judging on the colour. However there is no tarnish where you'd usually find this on silver jewelry from contact with your skin but it does look somewhat worn down in detail. Also there is this slightly green spot, perhaps oxidation indicating copper?

Still it would be a peculiar thing for a soldier to wear. Rather brash really given the nature of a signet ring. But you know, your guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>9481547
A signet like this is rather uncommon, it does not really identify the sender.It bears neither reference to a person, nor a batallion, division, NSDAP, police whatever. Even so on stamps from that period the swastika is also slightly turned. Misaligned if you may.
>>
>>9481547
Also the surface is wonky as fuck so i doubt you will be able to make a clear stamp with it.
>>
>>9481577
Yeah. There's a lot of questions about this ring I'll never be able to learn about from my grandfather as he died when I was 5. It sucks.
>>
Those are handwritten Hindi characters
Either you or your grandfather is a liar ;^)
>>
>>9481608
Probably him. Can you read what they are? If not, don't jump to conclusions, kid.
>>
>>9481615
>kid
says the one with baby hands
>>
>>9481605
Either he took a shitty ring from some overly fanatical diy schmuck, or it was just banter about a dodgy trinket he picked up- i think it's rather funny either way.
>>
>>9481640
Wanna get fisted? Lmao. You won't survive

>>9481642
True lol. It's an interesting fun little mystery for me. Because apparently everyone else in my family decided to ask no additional questions.
>>
File: 1391559502001.jpg (133 KB, 700x714) Image search: [Google]
1391559502001.jpg
133 KB, 700x714
fuccboi GI's who were stuck working logistics during WWII often bought things like this after the war to compensate
this was probably bought at some gunshow.
if only gramps knew those were East-Asian scripts, huh? visit an identification board on a WWII collector's forum and you'll see you're not the only one with a fuccboi gramp
>>
>>9481673
Doesn't matter to me lol, just wanna know what the deal is. If he lied, which he probably did, great, if not, also great.
>>
File: IMAG0360.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0360.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
>>9481640
Chapstick as a point of reference
>>
Cool Sanskrit ring, sell it on etsy to some hippy Buddhist
>>
>>9481694
request banana for scale
>>
>>9481335
doesn't look like german design, the sqiggly lines on the side and the mostly rectangular shape is pretty uncommen. Looks more like some kind of knock-off buddist or maybe central-american ring
>>
>>9481522
not always. they're reversed now because of the nazi connotations, but before being associated with nazis was such a big deal hindu and buddhist swastikas went every which way.
>>9481335
imo it's buddhist or hindu. indian or southwest asian
>>
>>9481335
Definitely not produced in the 3rd Reich, probably originated in South Asia and a Nazi purchased it thinking it looked cool
>>
File: rendered.jpg (72 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
rendered.jpg
72 KB, 480x640
>>9481485
yah it's a deaths head ring.

Probably my favorite thing i own.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.