[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anorak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1416213565573.jpg (57 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1416213565573.jpg
57 KB, 480x640
The anorak thread earlier today got deleted.

I still need to know, w2c a good anorak at an affordable price??
>>
>>9390404
patagonia is the best u can get. honestly just find a model you like on the website and paste it in google. you'll find a bunch of military suppliers selling it for alot cheaper than retail
>>
hey newfag here what is this aesthetic called?
is there a poor fag version of this aesthetic?
>>
>>9390404
honestly they seem like a good idea if you know you're on the move and will not be taking it off

but if you're going to work i can see it being a pain in the ass that you can't just unzip and whip your dick out you gotta take the whole thing off you knoe fuck it
>>
>>9390446
the top is techwear-esque whereas his bottom half is comfy-core like
>>
>>9390469
techwear is expensive huh?
>>
File: AXS-_0003_Levels_9_1024x1024.jpg (76 KB, 945x1024) Image search: [Google]
AXS-_0003_Levels_9_1024x1024.jpg
76 KB, 945x1024
just copped an axs folk technology wideneck anorak in black
>>
File: anorak.jpg (132 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
anorak.jpg
132 KB, 900x900
C/N?
>>
I'm normally not a big fan of camo in the slightest but I actually like how subdued the colors are on this
>>
>>9390472
not really
>>
>>9390469
autism
>>
>>9390641
well I guess everyone's definition of expensive differs
cause I honestly don't see myself spending $80 on a jacket (even though that's probably dirt cheap around here)
>>
>>9390658
If you think $80 is expensive I would advise you to get out and go to /mfa/ because they will teach you how to be cheap, not an insult, just /fa/ isnt really for poor people except for inspo
>>
>>9390658
>I honestly don't see myself spending $80 on a jacket
damn how poor are you?
and yeah, techwear is not for you. look into normcore.
>>
>>9390667
>>9390663
I have a part time job. I have money I guess I'm just cheap. Maybe if my music career takes off then I'll be more likely to drop money on clothes. Wish me luck
>>
>>9390686
dude you're cheap af

do you live in a warm climate or something? cause shit that protects you from harsh weather costs money and that's just what anoraks are designed to do
>>
>>9390404

what is this top?
>>
>>9390690
socal
would I look stupid in techwear out here?
>>
http://www.rains.dk/collections/rainwear-collection/products/anorak-black-sky-blue

i have this jacket and i really like it
>>
>>9390698

yeah it's not cold or wet enough to justify it. the good stuff is very expensive.
>>
>>9390707
should I just stick to shopping at thrift stores?
>>
>>9390698
I mean I guess not, a lot of it is lightweight and comfortable enough and I wear similar shit in LA. But this thread is about anoraks, which are parkas, which you probably don't fucking want to be wearing in socal at any price.

it's just that it's called techwear because it's made to be functional, not fashionable. It costs money to make good clothing that keeps you warm and dry and doesn't break when you're doing weird shit out in the woods (and if it's not functional like that it's just really fancy high fashion that is at an even higher price point). You might want to look into "hardshell" jackets that are lightweight. No one will think you look weird but you're going to have to be willing to shell out some extra cash for anything that's more rainproof than a hoody.
>>
>>9390708
You need to figure out your what your needs and wants are on your own before you start asking /fa/ where you can find unreasonably cheap parkas to wear in San Diego.
>>
>>9390704
honestly they look nice and appear to fit well, but the material looks like it's really lustrous and shiny
>>
>>9390719
I want to be techwear, and I'm in los angeles

>>9390712
thanks for the explanation
I'll just stick to thrift stores
>>
>>9390686
>Music career
Bandcamp/Soundcloud link? I have a couple hours, I'll check your stuff out if you want
>>
>>9390431
huh, I can't find any anoraks on their site for some reason
>>
>>9390663
you're not looking for /mfa/ you're looking for frugalmalefashion or whatever it is.

captcha:gooff
>>
>>9390738
exactly this
>>
>>9390624
i would cop

how much?
>>
>>9390698
Long Beach reporting in
562 master race
>>
>>9390404
can anyone ID the anorak in the OP

also, does R-collection ship to the US?
>>
>>9391547
280CAD I believe

http://shop.thelegendsleague.com/collections/all/products/reflective-digicamo-anorak-jacket
>>
>>9390404
Where to cop a light turquoise or light blue anorak?
>>
>>9390738
Cause it's a fucking rain jacket
It's rubber basically
>>
>>9390663

>/fa/ isnt really for poor people

not really, for most aesthetics, it's mostly about the fit, you can get $20 jeans tailored and look good, especially since you can't see details of the material as easily from pictures

unfortunately technical clothing has higher material costs and lower volumes sold, so it tends to be more expensive

the other thing is, it costs $ to experiment / take risks and make mistakes clothing-wise. if you view clothing in terms of utility, dressing like your dad is very cost-effective.
>>
>>9390712
>it's made to be functional, not fashionable.

i think this is bullshit. techwear is clothing that's designed to look functional, first and foremost. the functional aesthetic is what differentiates it from regular clothing. naturally techwear ends up being functional, but functionality is not the primary goal, or we would buy hiking / outdoors gear w/o regard for looks and post on /out/ instead.

acronym et al have carried over the functional aesthetic to their marketing and entire brand image, to advance the aesthetic of form following function. but the way it looks is still paramount. it's more a case of contriving a function to justify a form.

that's not a bad thing -- fashion is about the aesthetic. seen another way: streetwear's function is to polarize onlookers, while techwear feigns disregard for them.
>>
>>9390695
Nanamica I think
>>
>>9394666
Pls answer
>>
I'm thinking of the same thing OP. Except I don't even know what I'm looking for exactly. Any suggestions for raincoats that would look good with cuffed grey jeans and Doc Martens 1461s?

I'd like something a little on the longer side.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.