[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fa/ has very little fashion sense. Thats not to say many of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 20
File: fa.jpg (589 KB, 2434x2250) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
589 KB, 2434x2250
/fa/ has very little fashion sense.

Thats not to say many of you cant dress well.You're less original and more insecure about clothing choices than the general public who you look down upon. Many posters seem to rely on the /fa/ circle jerked trends, labels and opinions without ever thinking for yourselves... it may be tasteful in /fa/s eyes, but when I see someone wearing draped monochrome + geos / raf / dbss etc in the streets I cant help but think "unoriginal /fa/ fashion victim".
>>
>>9279984
>draped monochrome
The sad thing is that most of the wannabe goofninjas don't even do that. They buy the most plain and unassuming ricky stuff + geos and think they suddenly are hot shit. Like that guy on your photo for instance. He looks dreadfully boring considering how much dosh he payed for that outfit.
>>
>>9279998
which is only like a few hundred bucks because his geos are fake af
>>
File: today.jpg (207 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
today.jpg
207 KB, 640x640
>>9279998
I agree
now that /fa/ has agreed goof ninja is too goofy many are still buying expensive rick and being less adventurous with it (pic related from most recent waywt)
>>
>>9280000
that toebox
>>
>>9280000
omg check my quads
>>
>>9279998
look at those mad stax of his pants yooo
yeezus be proud
>>
File: buyingraf.jpg (601 KB, 1113x2058) Image search: [Google]
buyingraf.jpg
601 KB, 1113x2058
Also throwing raf sneakers into any generic fit is the possibly the worst token of this.

/fa/ knows hes a great designer but doesnt know why, and wants to show off their great taste. Buying raf for the sake of raf is the internet inspired equivilant of owning a LV monogram handbag
>>
And to cluelessly buy clothing because its designer and approved by /fa/, ask /fa/ for inspo how to wear it and then claim you dress for yourself and not for others to see you is a little hard to believe
>>
Does anyone actually disagree?
>>
>>9280046
bump
>>
spent $2000 -> look like shit.
>>
>>9280003
LMAO smh someone save Toronto
>>
File: 1397942694378.jpg (54 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1397942694378.jpg
54 KB, 500x750
>>9280095
I feel kinda sorry for those who dished out $1000s on black drapey designer stuff thinking "black is le timeless" and now in 2015 they look totally uninspired

although I must admit fits on /fa/ now are more interesting than 2013 to a lot of 2014 because /fa/ is in a state of confusion, with the once holy dark monochrome look being deemed unfashionable and norm core, palewave, health goth become mainstream too... a few posters are having to show a little but of originality
>>
>>9280107
black -is- timeless

it just doesnt work when ur a baby faced flyover state teenager

there is a reason why most rick buyers are coincidentally 40 year old modern day salem witches
>>
File: 1410395888826.jpg (255 KB, 800x1205) Image search: [Google]
1410395888826.jpg
255 KB, 800x1205
>>9280112
I agree to some extent, but although black itself is timeless, drapey black on black has become recently more popular than ever and is on the decline

you may not have wasted money on some nice black clothing, but when all your wardrobe is monochrome you're not going to be looking very fashionable through 2015 (til at least a couple years) at least until you buy some colour or do something original with form
>>
>>9280118
very unfashionable** through
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 640x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 640x419
>>9280032
I don't think that bottom fit is particularly a bad fit in any way

Sometimes it's ok to look nondescript

There seems to be a lot of stigma on the board nowadays about how what defines minimal dress and what is just lazy and boring

I totally understand why people here want to achieve a unique look while also remaining within the boundaries of a less is more concept

As for people who try to dress down full Rick like the OP pic
You can't just go halfway and hope to posess style
It's named artisanal fashion for a reason
>>
>>9280118
tbt drape on men looks like absolute trash like that heirloom fit that used to get posted here 24/7 it makes me sick how it really stuck to this stupid board like it was the best thing since sliced bread

wearing all black to be fashionable is incredibly passe

personally i love black and will continue to wear it but that's because i'm a gloomy piece of shit and i can't be bothered picking anything else out in the morning
although the one place i won't wear black is out in the country which is pretty self explanatory

but yeah whatever
>>
>>9280140
>I don't think that bottom fit is particularly a bad fit in any way
although it may not incredibly bad, the rafs could have been definitely replaced by something that didnt look so out of place and something probably much cheaper

Wearing rafs like that is definately going halfway (if that) into rafs aesthetic. The raf sneakers are deliberately gaudy and kitch like an exaggerated embodiment of cheap sneaker aesthetic, if you dont know how to integrate this aesthetic into your outfit then why buy them? If you want nondescript then its one of the worst shoe choices you can make.
>>
File: 1399806114645.jpg (402 KB, 980x652) Image search: [Google]
1399806114645.jpg
402 KB, 980x652
>>9280156
good looking or not, heres an example of a thoughtful use of rafs

the gaudy colours and kitsch graphics fit of the bottom half make a stark contrast to the top half of what looks more traditional, luxurious and 'tasteful' which makes another contrast to his flamboyant dyed white hair
>>
File: no u.jpg (58 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
no u.jpg
58 KB, 768x1024
Is anyone brave enough to admit theyve bought raf, rick, etc for the status and hoped people recognise them? I gotta admit the thought that someone on the street might recognise something designer im wearing is kinda nice
>>
>>9280197
pic related, I get the feeling people buy those acne graphics in hope that people recognise them, for that... spectacular sensation
>>
>>9280197
itd be cool to meet another cool ann or julius fan thru clothes but having some 16 year old asian kid point out ur rick or something would just be embarrassing for everyone involved
>>
>>9280197
No I'm not a pathetic fag, sorry
>>
>>9280202
Seeing you irl would just be embarrassing period
>>
File: lol.jpg (2 MB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
2 MB, 3110x2073
>>9280209
its easy to dismiss it as a stupid notion, but consider the fact that /fa/ obsesses about whos the better designer than what the designs are about
>>
>>9280219
more* about whos
>>
OP here, leaving thread now zzz
>>
>>9279998
looking "boring" or "simple" isn't bad by itself, though. if you like a minimal outfit, then do that. the one big mistake you can make, is take fashion (and /fa/) too seriously. it's just cloth, buy what YOU want, if that's boring rick pieces and you really like that, then do it. now if that's really what the guy in the pic wants... prob not. he still has a lifetime to change ahead of him, and he likely will look back at this one day and think"damn i was shit". don't look down on people for their personal mistakes on a journey
>>
>>9280112
i remember that pic with the ramones on that fit milf, definitely around 50 years old and it was the best rick fit of all times. rick is best on people who are truely not trying, but then again. so is most stuff. that seems to only come with age.
>>
>>9280219
if those kids were 15 years older they wouldn't look so retarded
>>
>>9279984
>wearing geos
>
>>
an actually good thread on /fa/
wtf
>>
>>9280202
Happened tonight when I was with my gf. Be was wearing an off-white hoodie and givenchy tysons...
>>
>>9280112
you have it backwards

black is still only fashionable in flyover hick culturally irrelevant states that are always at least a year behind. I am objectively 100% correct and it is irrefutable sorry
>>
>>9280250
>wanting to be a teenager and wear teen fashion
>not wanting to be based late 20s/early 30s,the objectively best age to be for fashion and lifestyle as a man
>>
>>9280100
Lgbz be safe
>>
File: 1419837442379.jpg (173 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1419837442379.jpg
173 KB, 640x640
>>9280100
>>9280434
>>
File: ayyyy_lmao.jpg (2 MB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy_lmao.jpg
2 MB, 3110x2073
>>9280219

Ayy lmao
>>
File: sglow.jpg (144 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
sglow.jpg
144 KB, 960x960
>>9280003
>>9280100
>>9281091
>>
>>9280107
>because /fa/ is in a state of confusion
Bullshit it's just that fa is less hiveminded about shit these days which means lot more variety and different styles which is good honestly.
There are still the people who are clearly dressed by the internet and seem to only get brands and designers other users have rave about a lot or are discussed tho
>>
>>9281111
left and right best fits
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 640x640
>>
File: SGSOB.jpg (68 KB, 615x613) Image search: [Google]
SGSOB.jpg
68 KB, 615x613
"Never trust a clean pair of chucks"
>>
>>9280150
>i'm a gloomy piece of shit
Honestly that's why I wore black, it fitted my mood and personality. Now a bunch of people wear it to seem 'fashionable'.
At times it makes me feel like I will be grouped with them, grouped with these types of posers.
It's a very unattractive thing to be aware of
>>
"I had always hoped that my clothes would propose a primitive but disciplined elegance." - Rick Owens
>>
>>9279984

lol how can a FASHION forum not have fashion sense. lol r u retarted
>>
>>9282767
have you seen the WAYWT threads?
>>
Agh, you seem to be forgetting that there are many considerations that go into picking an outfit

Since nobody is a catwalk model 24/7, wearing 100% runway looks is mostly out of the question. Plus, many posters happen to live outside of urban centers where standing out through your choice in clothing is more acceptable, so there's also the question of how much you wish to mark yourself. I see no problem with playing it safe

Plus, there's also the idea of personal appeal. You might like a pair of shoes from say, Lanvin or whatever, but the full look of the collection doesn't quite fit you, or seems a bit odd. What's the problem with just picking that one piece that spoke to you?

Then there are also cost considerations. Collection pieces have a tendency to be more expensive and less wearable than mainline pieces (usually), so most people if just getting into a brand's aesthetic might choose to pick, say, a Thom Browne traditional medium suit instead of picking the mismatched herringbone one (that happened to be 50% extra, and have a much more severe sillouette). Should someone be blamed for not diving headfirst (and pay for it) into a designer's view or are we allowed to experiment?

I get where the criticism comes from, this notion that there's a group of posers leeching off the credibility established by the fashion estabilishment by slyly buying their way inside what they think is a higher social status, but my view on the matter is that as long as they're buying legit items from the designer, even if they are the "boring" items or the played out ones, they're still supporting the designer's work. The entirety of the designer's work. Sure, their intentions might not be the ones a "true believer" might have, but hey, money is money, and doing runway shows is expensive
>>
>>9282717
Jfc
>>
It's funny how the lot of you are getting "in fashion" confused with "personal style."

Drapey black clothes will never be unfashionable or out of style. You just don't see very many people who can pull it off.

>>9280003
>/fa/ has agreed goof ninja is too goofy
It's funny how you base what's in fashion according to what anonymous posters on a mongolian claymation board say.

>>9280107
>I feel kinda sorry for those who dished out $1000s on black drapey designer stuff thinking "black is le timeless" and now in 2015 they look totally uninspired
Black is timeless. No matter how hard you try to force people to think the way you do.
Nice reddittier meme

>>9280150
>tbt drape on men looks like absolute trash
fatty detected

>>9280426
>black is still only fashionable in flyover hick culturally irrelevant states that are always at least a year behind. I am objectively 100% correct and it is irrefutable sorry

black is still fashionable in relevant states. I am 100% sorry
FTFY

>>9282506
I completely agree with your statement. /fa/ is starting to branch out into different aesthetics instead of bandwagoning them such as dadcore, gothninja, workwear ect. It's nice to see the different outfits people come up with in the WAYWT even though 98.9% of the outfits posted are complete shit.
>>
>>9282900
>fatty detected

apex l e l

fashion victim who got tricked into wearing dresses detected
>>
File: whenyourfitisondeck.jpg (51 KB, 640x621) Image search: [Google]
whenyourfitisondeck.jpg
51 KB, 640x621
>>9282636
that one is gay, mine's better tho
>>
i think there are too much WoW players on /fa/ who wanna dress like a black witch. they end up buying rick owen clothing just to look like something from WoW
>>
>>9282932
>tricked into wearing dresses
hahaha

take a few seats and try again
>>
File: shieeet.jpg (8 KB, 250x247) Image search: [Google]
shieeet.jpg
8 KB, 250x247
>>9280200
kek
>>
>>9280243
Underrated post
>>
>>9283043
dont bother trying to come back lil bitch just puttin u in ur place since u clearly have no clue what ur talkin bout

mods ban these annoying week old 4chan fashionistas
>>
File: IMG_8923.jpg (154 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8923.jpg
154 KB, 1000x1000
I think it's funny that so many anon have such an issue with people who wear Rick and/or goof because they feel good about it. "Doesn't he know that isn't in style anymore? Black is on the decline. Oh I bet he discovered that on /fa/!". It's like damn, how petty you gotta be?
>>
>>9280168
this is just your opinion
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 422x750
You are all a bunch of backwards faggots. You say to develope your own style and shit but when a wdywtd thread rolls around you all troll the dude that is doing his own thing. pick a side cunts
>>
>>9283389
Most people can't afford it, so it's usually derived from sour grapes.

If you enjoy his clothes and wearing them, then just go for it, I'd rather be "behind" according to /fa/ rather than changing style every few months, from ____core to palewave, it's inconsistent and pathetic.

What keeps me going is the fact that there are people on /fa/ who are buying sk8 van hi's unironically.
>>
>>9283428
it's not any more expensive than any other designer that people on here wear and buy all the time. so can you stop with the "you can't afford it anyway" nonsense.
>>
>>9283442
Is this a joke.
Give me designer names please and we'll compare prices.
>>
>>9283414
So fucking true.
>>
>>9283455
do it yourself faggot. 5 seconds on google or ssense. plenty of designers in the same price range, or even more expensive.
>>
>>9283496
No one wears it or talks about it here, especially in WAYWT
>>
>>9283511
fair enough
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.