[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs /products/NIK1505/nike-f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: racers.jpg (32 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
racers.jpg
32 KB, 500x347
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/NIK1505/nike-flyknit-racer/

>not copping new b/w with black tongue colorway

just restocked in all sizes

can use a promo code plus the VIP shit to get them for 120 with free shipping. just google the promo code

just call the customer service VIP number they give you afterwards to cancel your VIP sub
>>
how are these as, like, actual running shoes?
>>
>>9257463

theyre garbage as actual running shoes

anyone who uses them as long distance running shoes is a retard

theyre fucking racing flats

if you want running shoes get the trainers
>>
God damnit, just read this after I ordered black and white flyknit trainer repelicas last night.
>>
>ordered these a week ago or so
>order put on backorder
>told theyd ship out on the 9th of january
>repeatedly told by the customer service when i called that my order would be cancelled because they have "outsold them on all sizes, peoples orders have been getting canceled left and right"
>tell them my size is in stock still
>they tell me it isnt
>my order shipped today

their customer service is garbage
>>
>>9257495

>2 clicks away from ordering a pair from ebay for 280
>see this thread

ty op
>>
>>9257470
what if you want to wear these as casual shoes?
>>
>>9257970

thats what i plan to do
>>
>>9257456
TY BASED ANON
>>
>>9257463
I own them. Good for jogging. Wouldn't run in them.
>>
>>9258519
what about as a casual shoe? How large is the heel compared to other trainers?
>>
>>9258593

they have very little arch support or padding

theyre designed for track racing

people want them because they look fucking cool
>>
fuck year now i can be yeezy
>>
>>9258641
But Yeezy hates Nike now.
>>
>>9258596
so would you recommend the flyknit trianers over these for causal wear?
>>
>>9258650

for casualwear, the trainers are definitely going to be better and more comfortable for your feet

however, i personally dont think they look as good

that, and the trainers have pretty much been discontinued so good luck finding a pair in a decent colorway for less than 250
>>
>>9258648

I don't blame him. To be fair, all Nike shoes except for the Racers, Trainerendors (minus the dogshit toebox) and perhaps Kobe 9s in their limited edition b/w colorway if you're into that sort of thing, look like shit.
>>
>>9257456

thank you based anon
>>
>>9258670
gotcha, i just ordered unauthorized authentics of the OG trainer in black and white... debating on if I should cancel the order and get these.
>>
If I'm just looking for a general athletic shoe (gym, lifting, some running, footy, etc) will these do fine?
>>
>>9258704

there are better alternatives for 120 dollars

like literally any actual trainer
>>
>>9258703
I would get these instead.
>>
>>9258704

the only athletic activity these are good for are occasional, mid to long distance races

like, if you run the occasional open 5K - half marathon

but these are absolute shit for any repetitive/daily activity, and really the only reason people buy them is because they look cool
>>
>>9258752
are they really that bad for daily wear? Like they can't be worse than say a pair of vans right? If so, then I'll just keep my flyknit trainer replica order right now.
>>
>>9258759

sorry, i explained that poorly

they are fine for daily wear

they are not fine for rigorous daily exercise
>>
>>9258759

they arent designed as daily wear shoes

can they still function as daily wear shoes? absolutely, and most people wear them as that

however, your feet probably will hurt after a half a day of walking in them, due to the lack of arch support or padding. theyre no better or worse than some pair of vans or chucks in that respect

honestly, the only reason to get these is because they look cool as fuck and are pretty limited/exclusive as nike doesnt like to circulate a lot of them at any given time. if youre debating as to the functionality of the shoe and the aesthetic isnt that important to you, id spend your money on another shoe in your price range
>>
>>9257497
they cant cancel a pre order though r-right? i'm kinda scared now. still stoked that i got a pair.
>>
File: 1386489974504.jpg (7 KB, 251x234) Image search: [Google]
1386489974504.jpg
7 KB, 251x234
should've checked /fa/ sooner.
>>
>>9257456

Should I follow the website's advice for sizing? TTT? I have a pretty much standard 8 D foot
>>
>>9258783

they can

theyll only cancel your order if youre so far back in line on the waiting list for preorders that you get bumped off due to them running out of stock on subsequent restocks

im not entirely sure, honestly. just cross your fingers and hope that your order doesnt get canceled. if your order is still alive on tuesday youre good, probably

>>9258797

get your regular size
>>
>>9258784

they do restocks every week or so from what ive noticed

keep an eye out, anon
>>
went to footlocker and tried on a pair of flyknit lunar 2's; the 11's fit me better than the 10.5's. I wear a 10.5 in vans and killshots... which size should I go for?
>>
>>9258834
the 11 if u plan on wearing socks mah boy
>>
>>9258836
thanks breh... i love how helpful /fa/ is at times... it's like one big family, if only we can get rid of the hate.
>>
>>9258834

depends entirely if youre wearing socks or not

like >>9258836 said

i personally ordered my regular size
>>
>>9258797

i'd say size up a half size at least

i wear a 10.5 in janoskis and my toes were bunched up in the end of 10.5 flyknits
>>
mines going to be shipped january 30th

oh well i guess, still getting them at least
>>
The shoe itself is designed to be a tight fit that simulates wearing a sock, so yeah, size up a bit if you have wide-ish feet or want to wear a sock if you don't dig that.
>>
>>9258856
always wear socks crew...

So I don't get what they mean by racing flats, I still see a visible heel to toe drop.
>>
>>9258871
>>9258811

>>9258883

>wearing socks with racers
>wearing socks with racers that are anything other than the particle thin noshow socks

racing flats are just light shoes usually devoid of padding and arch support that are designed for short to medium distance races
>>
>>9258899

>thinking racers can only be worn as racers
>the weather on the mountain was quite averse
>>
>>9258921

>wearing a shoe worn exclusively in warm weather conditions that is designed to simulate wearing a sock with a sock

gayboi
>>
File: 1414676166647.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1414676166647.gif
3 MB, 200x150
Whens UK, been waiting for a restock forever

also

>$130
>£130
>>
>>9258926

>implying I live somewhere where it gets cold

you enjoy your shoes smelling like ass?
>>
>>9258819
thanks will do
>>
I have no clue where the conception of not wearing socks just cause they're flyknits came from. They are still fucking running shoes in the end.
>>
>>9258934

>wearing socks in the summer
>wearing socks with fucking flyknits which have 10/10 ventilation already

what to heck
>>
>>9258945

sorry i guess i just sweat a lot because if i dont wear socks even just once in the 110 degree summer texas heat my shoes become unbearably smelly
>>
>>9258942

the nature of a flyknit shoe is that the shoe is constructed in such a way to offer the simulation of wearing a sock, without cutting back on ventilation whilst running that a sock would retract from

of course if youre using them as casualwear, who cares
>>
I'm 11 should I just go 11.5?
>>
>>9258966

i'd say so
>>
>>9258966

if you have wide-ish feet and want to wear more than just a really thin sock, yeah
>>
>>9258977
>>9258973
Cool thanks
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.