[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frugal Fashion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: urban outfitters.png (2 KB, 351x144) Image search: [Google]
urban outfitters.png
2 KB, 351x144
Where can a poor person purchase fashionable clothes that do not cost a large amount of money?
>>
i'd rather shop at goodwill than UO
>>
>>9201000
i suck at fashion and thought urban outfitters was a nice and relatively inexpensive place, what would be a good alternative (other than goodwill)?
>>
Any fast fashion place, grailed, thrift stores.
Can even find decent stuff at department stores sometimes
>>
>>9200989
cheap monday, weekday
>>
>>9201003
Uniqlo is cheaper and a much much better than Urban Outfitters.
>>
>>9201003
Honestly it isn't that bad but the whole store is pretty gross as a whole. You can find one or two good things there once in a while though.

Just start small m8, you don't need to cop 1000 dollar clothes. Go to Uniqlo, get some t shirts and button ups (if they fit), and grab a pair of Levi's + a nice pair of shoes. From there, just buy a nice piece every couple weeks and slowly add things to your wardrobe.
>>
>>9201009
what about target for button ups/flannels or w/e? i've read that you can get decent stuff from target for cheap, or should i resort to uniqlo for those as well? thanks for the help
>>
>>9201031
Uniqlo is like a much better, Japanese Target. Idk, why people hype Target, some of their stuff is okay like Arizona if you're just starting out, but you should really try thrifting
>>
>>9201008
why?
>>
>>9201038
uniqlo is made in china crap
there's nothing more japanese about it than there is american about target. takr off your weaboo blinders for christs sake
>>
H&M is way better and without ridiculous prices.
>>
>>9201050

I'd say that the focus on simplicity is a pretty Japanese value when it comes to design. Merchandising alone makes Uniqlo way easier t shop than traditional American specialty retailers. Also, their product range is very focuses and because they make instead of buying product, they do a better job of tailoring their wares to their customer's immediate needs (color, climate, whatever) than more generic retailers.

But it's silly to compare the two. Target has never billed itself as a seller of simple basics and has always tried to have SOME trend-oriented cachet, hence all the designer collabs. On the other hand, Uniqlo only sells clothes and produces very narrow product ranges and customers often don't suffer the paralysis from too many choices that plague some stores.
>>
>>9201050
what the fuck
I never said their clothing was made in japan
I meant how the US has Target, Japan has Uniqlo and Muji
>>
>>9201038
i live in a shittier neighborhood, is thrifting still even worth it?
>>
>>9201083
just try it asshole
>>
>>9200989
i went to target a few weeks ago and they have really good basics for $10 to $35 a garment
>>
Grailed
COS
Uniqlo
eBay
>>
urban carries some great brands, idk why people speak like they're one entity ala uniqlo, h&m etc. same with ASOS

anyway they have some decent stuff, but it tends to be overpriced for what it is. their sales are crazy good so keep an eye out for them
>>
>>9200989
Lands' End, L L Bean, J Crew, J Crew Factory, GAP, Old Navy

Wait for sales on all of these
>>
File: B4OTi92CMAAWMi0.jpg (42 KB, 600x617) Image search: [Google]
B4OTi92CMAAWMi0.jpg
42 KB, 600x617
>>9201050

I like Uniqlo but alot the praise here def comes from ~special snowflakes~. The brand is only now taking off in north america and europe, if it ever reaches a familiarity level with the general public like zara and h&m /fa/ will turn on them
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.